- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Police hunting truck driver over CBD hit and run
The truck driver who allegedly struck a cyclist in Melbourne's CBD this morning has told Police he wasn't aware of what happened.
The accident occurred at the corner of Exhibition and Little Collins Streets after 9:30am today, leaving a male cyclist in a critical condition with injuries to the chest, abdomen and pelvis.
Police said the 31-year-old cyclist was riding parallel with the truck. Witnesses said the rider became trapped between the truck and a parked car, then toppled over and went under three wheels of the truck.
Onlookers say the truck stopped briefly a short distance on before continuing down Exhibition Street. The driver of the truck told Police he was not aware of what took place.
Transport reporter for The Age, Adam Carey, arrived on the scene shortly after the man was hit.
"I saw the helmet and it was in little pieces in the gutter," he told Derryn Hinch.
"There was blood inside the helmet and there was a bit of blood coming from his head as well."
LISTEN: Age reporter Adam Carey speaks with Derryn Hinch:
Just shows bikes & other forms of transport cannot coexist on the same carriageway safely. Time australian cities and government officials woke up to the benefits of totally segregated bikeways for better transport efficiency for all modes, and cater for the utilitarian rider/young kids & elderly and not just tour de france hopefulls.MIKE Friday 16 November, 2012 - 9:13 AM
this is why cyclist should be banned from riding on any victorian road...garry Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 7:58 AM
The 'blame the truck driver' crowd will come out in force, but how do you expect the truck driver to see the entire perimiter of his truck, especially with small kamikaze objects weaving in and out of busy city traffic, chopping between lanes and slicing through the narrowest of gaps?
Shane (5:12pm) - if the trailer ran over the victim (I'm pretty sure the shot accompanying this story is not where the rider was), not even a bump would have been transmitted to the cab, especially in busy stop-start city traffic.
Sad story, but a bit of space for people sharing the roadway is required as well as a healthy respect for each road user.Solomon's Sword Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 2:07 AM
Well seeing everyday as how many cyclists, run red lights, go on and off footpaths, weave in and out from cars, overtake other cyclists by riding in car lanes, I'm not surprised this happened. You want to share the road then obe the road rules !Mrx Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:33 PM
That scenario could be very possible Shane. You've seen all the facts?caz Monday 12 November, 2012 - 7:54 PM
@ Shane, glad you are an expert on this, wait,no, just another loud mouth, if you knew anything about semi trailers,you would know that a cyclist would not even be felt under the tri axle,and the driver would be looking ahead after glancing in his mirrors.
A tad too quick to throw accusations aroundmike f Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:47 PM