- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Police hunting truck driver over CBD hit and run
The truck driver who allegedly struck a cyclist in Melbourne's CBD this morning has told Police he wasn't aware of what happened.
The accident occurred at the corner of Exhibition and Little Collins Streets after 9:30am today, leaving a male cyclist in a critical condition with injuries to the chest, abdomen and pelvis.
Police said the 31-year-old cyclist was riding parallel with the truck. Witnesses said the rider became trapped between the truck and a parked car, then toppled over and went under three wheels of the truck.
Onlookers say the truck stopped briefly a short distance on before continuing down Exhibition Street. The driver of the truck told Police he was not aware of what took place.
Transport reporter for The Age, Adam Carey, arrived on the scene shortly after the man was hit.
"I saw the helmet and it was in little pieces in the gutter," he told Derryn Hinch.
"There was blood inside the helmet and there was a bit of blood coming from his head as well."
LISTEN: Age reporter Adam Carey speaks with Derryn Hinch:
Just shows bikes & other forms of transport cannot coexist on the same carriageway safely. Time australian cities and government officials woke up to the benefits of totally segregated bikeways for better transport efficiency for all modes, and cater for the utilitarian rider/young kids & elderly and not just tour de france hopefulls.MIKE Friday 16 November, 2012 - 9:13 AM
this is why cyclist should be banned from riding on any victorian road...garry Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 7:58 AM
The 'blame the truck driver' crowd will come out in force, but how do you expect the truck driver to see the entire perimiter of his truck, especially with small kamikaze objects weaving in and out of busy city traffic, chopping between lanes and slicing through the narrowest of gaps?
Shane (5:12pm) - if the trailer ran over the victim (I'm pretty sure the shot accompanying this story is not where the rider was), not even a bump would have been transmitted to the cab, especially in busy stop-start city traffic.
Sad story, but a bit of space for people sharing the roadway is required as well as a healthy respect for each road user.Solomon's Sword Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 2:07 AM
Well seeing everyday as how many cyclists, run red lights, go on and off footpaths, weave in and out from cars, overtake other cyclists by riding in car lanes, I'm not surprised this happened. You want to share the road then obe the road rules !Mrx Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:33 PM
That scenario could be very possible Shane. You've seen all the facts?caz Monday 12 November, 2012 - 7:54 PM
@ Shane, glad you are an expert on this, wait,no, just another loud mouth, if you knew anything about semi trailers,you would know that a cyclist would not even be felt under the tri axle,and the driver would be looking ahead after glancing in his mirrors.
A tad too quick to throw accusations aroundmike f Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:47 PM