- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- Teachers, students to protest together
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
- Marko on Teachers, students to protest together If I had a child in St.Bernard's I'd be looking for a new school. Tony Paatsch is using his position to push his political ... more
Police identify man and woman in Melbourne bus attack
Victoria Police say they have successfully identified a man and a woman who featured in a viral video of a sexist and xenophobic attack on female French tourists on a Melbourne bus.
Police assistance is still being sought to identify others in the footage and urge anyone who was on the bus to come forward.
A woman, believed to be one of the victims of the attack, has spoken with Police.
Victoria Police began investigating the attack after a video of the incident was posted on YouTube by stand-up comedian Mike Nayna. The video has now amassed over one million hits on YouTube.
Mike Nayna told Ross and John the incident took place on a bus replacing trains between Mordialloc and Caulfield stations on 11th November, with passengers turning against a French girl who was singing in her native tongue.
3AW Online has obtained raw footage of the attack.
CONTENT WARNING: While profane language has been removed, the nature of the attack is still graphic
"There were some younger guys who seemed excited by this racial tirade from this middle-aged guy. He seemed to be the instigator of the whole thing," he said.
"These French backpackers started singing a French song, it seemed like they had a good day. They would’ve had a few beers, but the people at the front of the bus retaliated with an 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie' chant."
Mr Nayna said the French girls thought it was all being done in friendly rivalry, so started singing louder.
"It quickly turned into a massive racial tirade that didn’t make any sense," he said.
"The abusers were most certainly drunk. While the middle-aged guy was going on his rant, the younger people offered him a beer and fishing knife to provoke him.
"The guy with the pram threatened to 'box cut' the French Girl as he was leaving the bus with his pram.
"It was this strange mob mentality where they were feeding off their own hatred."
Upon leaving the bus, the perpetrators smashed a window near where the tourists were sitting.
Police are searching for two men and a woman who made threats toward the women. The woman involved is described as Caucasian in appearance with a pale complexion, brown elbow-length hair and aged between 25-30 years. She was wearing a striped top, blue shorts and had her children with her at the time.
The first man is described as Caucasian in appearance, with a red face, middle aged with dirty blonde hair, wearing jeans and a top.
The other man is described as aged about 25 years with dark-coloured hair and was wearing a light-coloured hooded top.
Anyone who recognises the people in the video is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
LISTEN: Mark Nayna speaks with Ross and John:
Shame, Shame, Shame,
Its a real shame that ppl act and carry-on like this.
Australia IS a MULTI-CULTURAL society.
BUT for those that think the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are treated badly - BULLSHIT. I have a wife from overseas and she came in the front door. WE GET NO AID FROM THE GOVT AT ALL. THE ILLEGALS GET HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AND NEVER HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.dogsec Wednesday 3 July, 2013 - 12:16 PM
Disgraceful. For those who have commented saying that the french tourists were provoking it by being arrogant and singing a song in their native language are idiots. I go to Bali every year and I am ashamed at the amount of Australian bogans who disrespect this wonderful land and culture. They get drunk, arrogant and they too like to sing 'aussie' songs and chants at rather loud volumes. The difference? The indonesian people are dignified in how they deal with these idiots. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black. To the couple with the children who broke the window you should be sterilized and your children placed in loving nurturing homes. I feel so sorry for those children knowing that will just grow up in that bogan cycle ...I hope they break free.bron Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 AM
whats the penalty now they have caught them ?????
bet ya dont hear about that .
not a charge will ne laid .
so our system says this is ok to do, cause if you get caught nothing happens so it cant be wrong . .....yet any NORMAL person knows it cant be right .maxx Monday 26 November, 2012 - 8:45 AM
Wayne, shut the f&*% up you moron. Are you sure it wasnt you on the bus, or were you too drunk to remember, you freakin convict?
It's a shame no one in the bus stood up for the French tourists. Well the video doesnt show evidence of this, but the article does state that the girls were helped off the bus a little later on.
The guy with the pram should have his kid taken from him. His type, unfortunately reproduce!Peter Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 10:21 PM
French girls did not behave correctly, joking and singing so loudly in this bus with so many children in.
Aussies 3 out of millions reacted excessively.
Just let all of them say they are sorry for.
We love Australia and You love France too, no doubt about it.
Joel from BrittanyJoel Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 6:23 AM
I was just a matter of timesasha Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 6:36 PM