- Exactly 7124 worms stolen
- 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla
- 3AW Breakfast join hunt for stolen boat
- Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer
- Multi-car crash on Princes Highway
- Siege at Barwon Prison
- Dramatic resuce after Port Phillip boat collision
- Clive Palmer spits the dummy
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
- Jester4212 on New-age helmet design Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Lynne on New-age helmet design Hi Neil,I think this is a great idea not just for riders but other road and footpath users too! All too often as a ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New-age helmet design Good Idea especially with the rego on the back.I wish I thought of it. more
- Gabriel on New-age helmet design This looks ridiculous. And that clear visor looks like it could end up lodged in your eyes. more
- Miracle Rescue on Miracle rescue for trapped man Separate trucks and cars more
- Stephen on Miracle rescue for trapped man Surprised this doesn't happen more often to be honest. BRAKING DISTANCE between vehicles is just not observed by Melbourne ... more
- jgl Melb on Balme returns to Pies How much compensation will this cost Ed ? more
- Jester4212 on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead And what about the pain the animal had to endure up until this point? more
- Sinbad on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead People collapse and die in marathons on a fairly frequent basis and we don't hear the outcry, wringing of hands, tears and ... more
- bushiepete on 78yo spends 2 hours having spasms on ... yes there were a lot of happy people who had drugs, grog,to much fun time and need to be baby sat by the police and ambos.. ... more
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
Police identify man and woman in Melbourne bus attack
Victoria Police say they have successfully identified a man and a woman who featured in a viral video of a sexist and xenophobic attack on female French tourists on a Melbourne bus.
Police assistance is still being sought to identify others in the footage and urge anyone who was on the bus to come forward.
A woman, believed to be one of the victims of the attack, has spoken with Police.
Victoria Police began investigating the attack after a video of the incident was posted on YouTube by stand-up comedian Mike Nayna. The video has now amassed over one million hits on YouTube.
Mike Nayna told Ross and John the incident took place on a bus replacing trains between Mordialloc and Caulfield stations on 11th November, with passengers turning against a French girl who was singing in her native tongue.
3AW Online has obtained raw footage of the attack.
CONTENT WARNING: While profane language has been removed, the nature of the attack is still graphic
"There were some younger guys who seemed excited by this racial tirade from this middle-aged guy. He seemed to be the instigator of the whole thing," he said.
"These French backpackers started singing a French song, it seemed like they had a good day. They would’ve had a few beers, but the people at the front of the bus retaliated with an 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie' chant."
Mr Nayna said the French girls thought it was all being done in friendly rivalry, so started singing louder.
"It quickly turned into a massive racial tirade that didn’t make any sense," he said.
"The abusers were most certainly drunk. While the middle-aged guy was going on his rant, the younger people offered him a beer and fishing knife to provoke him.
"The guy with the pram threatened to 'box cut' the French Girl as he was leaving the bus with his pram.
"It was this strange mob mentality where they were feeding off their own hatred."
Upon leaving the bus, the perpetrators smashed a window near where the tourists were sitting.
Police are searching for two men and a woman who made threats toward the women. The woman involved is described as Caucasian in appearance with a pale complexion, brown elbow-length hair and aged between 25-30 years. She was wearing a striped top, blue shorts and had her children with her at the time.
The first man is described as Caucasian in appearance, with a red face, middle aged with dirty blonde hair, wearing jeans and a top.
The other man is described as aged about 25 years with dark-coloured hair and was wearing a light-coloured hooded top.
Anyone who recognises the people in the video is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
LISTEN: Mark Nayna speaks with Ross and John:
Shame, Shame, Shame,
Its a real shame that ppl act and carry-on like this.
Australia IS a MULTI-CULTURAL society.
BUT for those that think the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are treated badly - BULLSHIT. I have a wife from overseas and she came in the front door. WE GET NO AID FROM THE GOVT AT ALL. THE ILLEGALS GET HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AND NEVER HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.dogsec Wednesday 3 July, 2013 - 12:16 PM
Disgraceful. For those who have commented saying that the french tourists were provoking it by being arrogant and singing a song in their native language are idiots. I go to Bali every year and I am ashamed at the amount of Australian bogans who disrespect this wonderful land and culture. They get drunk, arrogant and they too like to sing 'aussie' songs and chants at rather loud volumes. The difference? The indonesian people are dignified in how they deal with these idiots. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black. To the couple with the children who broke the window you should be sterilized and your children placed in loving nurturing homes. I feel so sorry for those children knowing that will just grow up in that bogan cycle ...I hope they break free.bron Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 AM
whats the penalty now they have caught them ?????
bet ya dont hear about that .
not a charge will ne laid .
so our system says this is ok to do, cause if you get caught nothing happens so it cant be wrong . .....yet any NORMAL person knows it cant be right .maxx Monday 26 November, 2012 - 8:45 AM
Wayne, shut the f&*% up you moron. Are you sure it wasnt you on the bus, or were you too drunk to remember, you freakin convict?
It's a shame no one in the bus stood up for the French tourists. Well the video doesnt show evidence of this, but the article does state that the girls were helped off the bus a little later on.
The guy with the pram should have his kid taken from him. His type, unfortunately reproduce!Peter Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 10:21 PM
French girls did not behave correctly, joking and singing so loudly in this bus with so many children in.
Aussies 3 out of millions reacted excessively.
Just let all of them say they are sorry for.
We love Australia and You love France too, no doubt about it.
Joel from BrittanyJoel Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 6:23 AM
I was just a matter of timesasha Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 6:36 PM