- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- Government workers cashed in on cosy deals, IBAC hears
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
Police identify man and woman in Melbourne bus attack
Victoria Police say they have successfully identified a man and a woman who featured in a viral video of a sexist and xenophobic attack on female French tourists on a Melbourne bus.
Police assistance is still being sought to identify others in the footage and urge anyone who was on the bus to come forward.
A woman, believed to be one of the victims of the attack, has spoken with Police.
Victoria Police began investigating the attack after a video of the incident was posted on YouTube by stand-up comedian Mike Nayna. The video has now amassed over one million hits on YouTube.
Mike Nayna told Ross and John the incident took place on a bus replacing trains between Mordialloc and Caulfield stations on 11th November, with passengers turning against a French girl who was singing in her native tongue.
3AW Online has obtained raw footage of the attack.
CONTENT WARNING: While profane language has been removed, the nature of the attack is still graphic
"There were some younger guys who seemed excited by this racial tirade from this middle-aged guy. He seemed to be the instigator of the whole thing," he said.
"These French backpackers started singing a French song, it seemed like they had a good day. They would’ve had a few beers, but the people at the front of the bus retaliated with an 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie' chant."
Mr Nayna said the French girls thought it was all being done in friendly rivalry, so started singing louder.
"It quickly turned into a massive racial tirade that didn’t make any sense," he said.
"The abusers were most certainly drunk. While the middle-aged guy was going on his rant, the younger people offered him a beer and fishing knife to provoke him.
"The guy with the pram threatened to 'box cut' the French Girl as he was leaving the bus with his pram.
"It was this strange mob mentality where they were feeding off their own hatred."
Upon leaving the bus, the perpetrators smashed a window near where the tourists were sitting.
Police are searching for two men and a woman who made threats toward the women. The woman involved is described as Caucasian in appearance with a pale complexion, brown elbow-length hair and aged between 25-30 years. She was wearing a striped top, blue shorts and had her children with her at the time.
The first man is described as Caucasian in appearance, with a red face, middle aged with dirty blonde hair, wearing jeans and a top.
The other man is described as aged about 25 years with dark-coloured hair and was wearing a light-coloured hooded top.
Anyone who recognises the people in the video is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
LISTEN: Mark Nayna speaks with Ross and John:
Shame, Shame, Shame,
Its a real shame that ppl act and carry-on like this.
Australia IS a MULTI-CULTURAL society.
BUT for those that think the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are treated badly - BULLSHIT. I have a wife from overseas and she came in the front door. WE GET NO AID FROM THE GOVT AT ALL. THE ILLEGALS GET HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AND NEVER HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.dogsec Wednesday 3 July, 2013 - 12:16 PM
Disgraceful. For those who have commented saying that the french tourists were provoking it by being arrogant and singing a song in their native language are idiots. I go to Bali every year and I am ashamed at the amount of Australian bogans who disrespect this wonderful land and culture. They get drunk, arrogant and they too like to sing 'aussie' songs and chants at rather loud volumes. The difference? The indonesian people are dignified in how they deal with these idiots. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black. To the couple with the children who broke the window you should be sterilized and your children placed in loving nurturing homes. I feel so sorry for those children knowing that will just grow up in that bogan cycle ...I hope they break free.bron Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 AM
whats the penalty now they have caught them ?????
bet ya dont hear about that .
not a charge will ne laid .
so our system says this is ok to do, cause if you get caught nothing happens so it cant be wrong . .....yet any NORMAL person knows it cant be right .maxx Monday 26 November, 2012 - 8:45 AM
Wayne, shut the f&*% up you moron. Are you sure it wasnt you on the bus, or were you too drunk to remember, you freakin convict?
It's a shame no one in the bus stood up for the French tourists. Well the video doesnt show evidence of this, but the article does state that the girls were helped off the bus a little later on.
The guy with the pram should have his kid taken from him. His type, unfortunately reproduce!Peter Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 10:21 PM
French girls did not behave correctly, joking and singing so loudly in this bus with so many children in.
Aussies 3 out of millions reacted excessively.
Just let all of them say they are sorry for.
We love Australia and You love France too, no doubt about it.
Joel from BrittanyJoel Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 6:23 AM
I was just a matter of timesasha Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 6:36 PM