- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Police identify man and woman in Melbourne bus attack
Victoria Police say they have successfully identified a man and a woman who featured in a viral video of a sexist and xenophobic attack on female French tourists on a Melbourne bus.
Police assistance is still being sought to identify others in the footage and urge anyone who was on the bus to come forward.
A woman, believed to be one of the victims of the attack, has spoken with Police.
Victoria Police began investigating the attack after a video of the incident was posted on YouTube by stand-up comedian Mike Nayna. The video has now amassed over one million hits on YouTube.
Mike Nayna told Ross and John the incident took place on a bus replacing trains between Mordialloc and Caulfield stations on 11th November, with passengers turning against a French girl who was singing in her native tongue.
3AW Online has obtained raw footage of the attack.
CONTENT WARNING: While profane language has been removed, the nature of the attack is still graphic
"There were some younger guys who seemed excited by this racial tirade from this middle-aged guy. He seemed to be the instigator of the whole thing," he said.
"These French backpackers started singing a French song, it seemed like they had a good day. They would’ve had a few beers, but the people at the front of the bus retaliated with an 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie' chant."
Mr Nayna said the French girls thought it was all being done in friendly rivalry, so started singing louder.
"It quickly turned into a massive racial tirade that didn’t make any sense," he said.
"The abusers were most certainly drunk. While the middle-aged guy was going on his rant, the younger people offered him a beer and fishing knife to provoke him.
"The guy with the pram threatened to 'box cut' the French Girl as he was leaving the bus with his pram.
"It was this strange mob mentality where they were feeding off their own hatred."
Upon leaving the bus, the perpetrators smashed a window near where the tourists were sitting.
Police are searching for two men and a woman who made threats toward the women. The woman involved is described as Caucasian in appearance with a pale complexion, brown elbow-length hair and aged between 25-30 years. She was wearing a striped top, blue shorts and had her children with her at the time.
The first man is described as Caucasian in appearance, with a red face, middle aged with dirty blonde hair, wearing jeans and a top.
The other man is described as aged about 25 years with dark-coloured hair and was wearing a light-coloured hooded top.
Anyone who recognises the people in the video is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
LISTEN: Mark Nayna speaks with Ross and John:
Shame, Shame, Shame,
Its a real shame that ppl act and carry-on like this.
Australia IS a MULTI-CULTURAL society.
BUT for those that think the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are treated badly - BULLSHIT. I have a wife from overseas and she came in the front door. WE GET NO AID FROM THE GOVT AT ALL. THE ILLEGALS GET HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AND NEVER HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.dogsec Wednesday 3 July, 2013 - 12:16 PM
Disgraceful. For those who have commented saying that the french tourists were provoking it by being arrogant and singing a song in their native language are idiots. I go to Bali every year and I am ashamed at the amount of Australian bogans who disrespect this wonderful land and culture. They get drunk, arrogant and they too like to sing 'aussie' songs and chants at rather loud volumes. The difference? The indonesian people are dignified in how they deal with these idiots. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black. To the couple with the children who broke the window you should be sterilized and your children placed in loving nurturing homes. I feel so sorry for those children knowing that will just grow up in that bogan cycle ...I hope they break free.bron Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 AM
whats the penalty now they have caught them ?????
bet ya dont hear about that .
not a charge will ne laid .
so our system says this is ok to do, cause if you get caught nothing happens so it cant be wrong . .....yet any NORMAL person knows it cant be right .maxx Monday 26 November, 2012 - 8:45 AM
Wayne, shut the f&*% up you moron. Are you sure it wasnt you on the bus, or were you too drunk to remember, you freakin convict?
It's a shame no one in the bus stood up for the French tourists. Well the video doesnt show evidence of this, but the article does state that the girls were helped off the bus a little later on.
The guy with the pram should have his kid taken from him. His type, unfortunately reproduce!Peter Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 10:21 PM
French girls did not behave correctly, joking and singing so loudly in this bus with so many children in.
Aussies 3 out of millions reacted excessively.
Just let all of them say they are sorry for.
We love Australia and You love France too, no doubt about it.
Joel from BrittanyJoel Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 6:23 AM
I was just a matter of timesasha Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 6:36 PM