- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- Body found after Mt Helen house fire
- You could be at home right now
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
- Jackie on Police put on high alert I hope both officers, recover well. Feeling very much for them, their families, friends and colleagues. more
- John Thompson on Police put on high alert our brave defenders of law and order once again probabley having to pay a price for just doing their job and what a job they ... more
Police identify man and woman in Melbourne bus attack
Victoria Police say they have successfully identified a man and a woman who featured in a viral video of a sexist and xenophobic attack on female French tourists on a Melbourne bus.
Police assistance is still being sought to identify others in the footage and urge anyone who was on the bus to come forward.
A woman, believed to be one of the victims of the attack, has spoken with Police.
Victoria Police began investigating the attack after a video of the incident was posted on YouTube by stand-up comedian Mike Nayna. The video has now amassed over one million hits on YouTube.
Mike Nayna told Ross and John the incident took place on a bus replacing trains between Mordialloc and Caulfield stations on 11th November, with passengers turning against a French girl who was singing in her native tongue.
3AW Online has obtained raw footage of the attack.
CONTENT WARNING: While profane language has been removed, the nature of the attack is still graphic
"There were some younger guys who seemed excited by this racial tirade from this middle-aged guy. He seemed to be the instigator of the whole thing," he said.
"These French backpackers started singing a French song, it seemed like they had a good day. They would’ve had a few beers, but the people at the front of the bus retaliated with an 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie' chant."
Mr Nayna said the French girls thought it was all being done in friendly rivalry, so started singing louder.
"It quickly turned into a massive racial tirade that didn’t make any sense," he said.
"The abusers were most certainly drunk. While the middle-aged guy was going on his rant, the younger people offered him a beer and fishing knife to provoke him.
"The guy with the pram threatened to 'box cut' the French Girl as he was leaving the bus with his pram.
"It was this strange mob mentality where they were feeding off their own hatred."
Upon leaving the bus, the perpetrators smashed a window near where the tourists were sitting.
Police are searching for two men and a woman who made threats toward the women. The woman involved is described as Caucasian in appearance with a pale complexion, brown elbow-length hair and aged between 25-30 years. She was wearing a striped top, blue shorts and had her children with her at the time.
The first man is described as Caucasian in appearance, with a red face, middle aged with dirty blonde hair, wearing jeans and a top.
The other man is described as aged about 25 years with dark-coloured hair and was wearing a light-coloured hooded top.
Anyone who recognises the people in the video is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
LISTEN: Mark Nayna speaks with Ross and John:
Shame, Shame, Shame,
Its a real shame that ppl act and carry-on like this.
Australia IS a MULTI-CULTURAL society.
BUT for those that think the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are treated badly - BULLSHIT. I have a wife from overseas and she came in the front door. WE GET NO AID FROM THE GOVT AT ALL. THE ILLEGALS GET HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AND NEVER HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.dogsec Wednesday 3 July, 2013 - 12:16 PM
Disgraceful. For those who have commented saying that the french tourists were provoking it by being arrogant and singing a song in their native language are idiots. I go to Bali every year and I am ashamed at the amount of Australian bogans who disrespect this wonderful land and culture. They get drunk, arrogant and they too like to sing 'aussie' songs and chants at rather loud volumes. The difference? The indonesian people are dignified in how they deal with these idiots. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black. To the couple with the children who broke the window you should be sterilized and your children placed in loving nurturing homes. I feel so sorry for those children knowing that will just grow up in that bogan cycle ...I hope they break free.bron Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:02 AM
whats the penalty now they have caught them ?????
bet ya dont hear about that .
not a charge will ne laid .
so our system says this is ok to do, cause if you get caught nothing happens so it cant be wrong . .....yet any NORMAL person knows it cant be right .maxx Monday 26 November, 2012 - 8:45 AM
Wayne, shut the f&*% up you moron. Are you sure it wasnt you on the bus, or were you too drunk to remember, you freakin convict?
It's a shame no one in the bus stood up for the French tourists. Well the video doesnt show evidence of this, but the article does state that the girls were helped off the bus a little later on.
The guy with the pram should have his kid taken from him. His type, unfortunately reproduce!Peter Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 10:21 PM
French girls did not behave correctly, joking and singing so loudly in this bus with so many children in.
Aussies 3 out of millions reacted excessively.
Just let all of them say they are sorry for.
We love Australia and You love France too, no doubt about it.
Joel from BrittanyJoel Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 6:23 AM
I was just a matter of timesasha Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 6:36 PM