- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
Police identify ‘Racist Bus Video’ antagonist
Police have identified a third person in the now-infamous video of a racist and sexist attack on a Melbourne bus.
The Youtube video shows a young French woman being racially abused on Remembrance Day.
Detectives have questioned a 35-year-old Doncaster East man who's been released, pending further investigaiton.
Investigators have also questioned a man and woman over the verbal attack.
On Wednesday Sly of the Underworld called on the police to make the case a top priority and told listeners there were three possible reasons why the man wasn’t already identified.
"One, he's not known by police, if he was they would've picked him up immediately, two, he's done a runner, and three, which is most worrying, is that his friends and associates tacitly agree with him.
"If someone we know behaved in that manner, I'd like to think we'd call Crimestoppers immediately," Sly said
NEIL MITCHELL: For a moment yesterday I could sympathise with Shane Warne and Rex Hunt. They both had nasty and silly road rage incidents with cyclists. I came across what I believe was my own fully-fledged idiot.
George Orwell eh.
This is hardly a 1984esque incident. This isn't thought crime or totalitarianism. Everybody should feel safe to travel on public transport, do their shopping and simply exist in society. Threats of violence against people are not OK. Simple as that.James Goodman Monday 3 December, 2012 - 12:50 PM
Yes ..George.. when the right wing, liberal voting,freemason led, paramilitary style policy, within the leadership of vic police, got wind of the laughing stock image, that their criminal schism in the ranks, was making them look. They tried to cover it up and not shut it down!The result has now become "the we are the force dont argue,talk or explain approach".It has failed miserably to the point they are an embarrasement,a little bit like indonesian guerrilas as in East Timor.When nearly 96% OF THE POPULATION want the vic police to change ,what happens..they go and distort the scenario, by focusing on other parts of society and deluding the population..Australians aren't stupid ..just watch ver carefully, if they think this approach of policing aggresion is working..It isn't....
It is disgusting that it has adopted disgraced and unworkable police aggression techniques. Instead of practising, respect for others,the technique has replaced an Australian value system or for that matter internationally,and as a consequence, replaced trust,courtesy and respect for elders. Most specifically practised by those, within the police ranks,which are dominated by gen x and those younger bash happy foools, who have stupidly followed suit in mafia style taser murder and assault by gangs in uniform.Mr. lay get off your fat traffic behind and acknowledge that you have a problem or else you will face charges in the future as a result of your naivety.Another (police) mafia forming Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 11:35 AM
It's sad that 3AW should be celebrating this or thinking that it is a good thing. When did "Big Brother is watching you" become something good?George Orwell Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:45 AM
Is it too much to ask that we gain equality with the UK on race enforcement. Too many of us have watched Jacqueline Woodhouse's rather "polite" outburst and wondered why England takes race issues seriously (she got 13 weeks) and Australia treats it as a jokeCon Barrington Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 8:07 AM