- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Hunt on for Sunshine stabber
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- New way to snap naughty drivers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Police investigate suspected Sunshine arson attacks
Police have launched a manhunt for an arsonist as they investigate at least six suspicious blazes in the Maribyrnong River Valley region since Tuesday.
Overnight, Victoria Police and MFB firefighters were called to the Sunshine North Industrial Estate after it was believed arsonists started three separate fires.
Fires crews were also confronted with a large grassfire when they arrived at Balfour Avenue overnight.
They then discovered deliberately lit blazes in a nearby storage yard, and later two cars on fire just one block away.
Tony, whose Hiace van was completely gutted in the blaze, struggled for words to describe the sight of his vehicle which was to be used for scrap metal.
A car completely burnt out in a suspected arson attack.
(Photo: Simon Love/3AW)
A van targeted in the overnight suspected arson attacks.
(Photo: Simon Love/3AW)
Authorities said they were frustrated by arson attacks which are continuing to put lives, property and businesses at risk.
The owner of Sunshine tow truck business, located close to where two cars were apparently deliberately set alight, told 3AW News he was disgusted another arson attack had occurred in the area.
MFB Commander Bob Undy said the public needs to work together to catch those responsible.
The latest deliberately lit blazes were directly across the river from the Keilor East blazes that came within metres of properties on Tuesday night.
When we have over paid uselees incompetent magistrates who NEVER jail arsonist's, it a waste of time alerting police.janetp Friday 11 January, 2013 - 7:09 AM
Whats the point of supplying information to catch arsonists? -judges blatantly refuse to jail or penalize them as the Law states. Let's get serious when they do, or remove them .Joseph Logan Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 9:55 AM