- Charges could be laid over Swanston Street wall collapse: court told
- Operation Unification: Police across country target illegal firearms
- Elderly man fighting for life, police hunt truck driver
- Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to death in street
- Serious head injuries in Hazelwood Power Station fall
- Footscray train station stabbing
- One person trapped after army base tank collision
- Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
Police investigate suspected Sunshine arson attacks
Police have launched a manhunt for an arsonist as they investigate at least six suspicious blazes in the Maribyrnong River Valley region since Tuesday.
Overnight, Victoria Police and MFB firefighters were called to the Sunshine North Industrial Estate after it was believed arsonists started three separate fires.
Fires crews were also confronted with a large grassfire when they arrived at Balfour Avenue overnight.
They then discovered deliberately lit blazes in a nearby storage yard, and later two cars on fire just one block away.
Tony, whose Hiace van was completely gutted in the blaze, struggled for words to describe the sight of his vehicle which was to be used for scrap metal.
A car completely burnt out in a suspected arson attack.
(Photo: Simon Love/3AW)
A van targeted in the overnight suspected arson attacks.
(Photo: Simon Love/3AW)
Authorities said they were frustrated by arson attacks which are continuing to put lives, property and businesses at risk.
The owner of Sunshine tow truck business, located close to where two cars were apparently deliberately set alight, told 3AW News he was disgusted another arson attack had occurred in the area.
MFB Commander Bob Undy said the public needs to work together to catch those responsible.
The latest deliberately lit blazes were directly across the river from the Keilor East blazes that came within metres of properties on Tuesday night.
When we have over paid uselees incompetent magistrates who NEVER jail arsonist's, it a waste of time alerting police.janetp Friday 11 January, 2013 - 7:09 AM
Whats the point of supplying information to catch arsonists? -judges blatantly refuse to jail or penalize them as the Law states. Let's get serious when they do, or remove them .Joseph Logan Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 9:55 AM