- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Popular Dandenong Ranges restaurant destroyed in Christmas Day fire
The owners of a popular Dandenong Ranges restaurant have been left devastated after their business was completely destroyed in a fire.
Fire crews were called to the scene of The Snooty Fox Restaurant on Mt Dandenong Tourist Road in Olinda at around 9:00pm yesterday, taking CFA officers hours to extinguish.
The restaurant had been open earlier in the day for Christmas Lunch.
As someone who grew up down the road it sure is horrible to hear of the Snooty Fox fire in Olinda :( Awful. twitter.com/grassisleena/s…— Leena (@grassisleena) December 25, 2012
There was no one on the property at the time of the blaze.
Investigators are yet to determine the cause of the fire. Anyone with information about the fire is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
So sorry to hear the news ,my husband and I have great memories of the snooty fox, such a loss for the Dandenongs and clearly to the Owners. I hope that some day it can be rebuilt ! xxx Paul and Alexandraalexandra Mery Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:00 AM
To James and Sarah, Our hearts go out to you both.so sad such a thing can happen to such lovely people with a wonderful restaurant.If you need anything dont hesitate to call. Jill and Chris Positive Growth.positive growth Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 1:02 PM
So sad to hear this last night - many happy meals enjoyed there over the years ... End of an era... Condolences to the owners... :(Liz Ventevogel Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 11:11 AM