- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' baby remark
- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
- jgl Melb on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... Despite any and all efforts to the contrary, an idiot,especially those of the arrogant genre,will never be educated. more
- Peggy on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... What a pity that the person witnessing this did not take note of the rego.What sort of a low life would do this? Cowards ... more
- Paddy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... I can just hear the Judge seeking guidance from the Chief Judge how "ugly" might be determined and after much back and forth ... more
- Willow on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Hang on here, believe it was a friend who sent this to the NRL Footy Sshow. Perhaps the family should be pointing their ire ... more
- Mal on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... That what happens when you put photo's on facebook, it a public forum and anybody who puts anything on it deserves the ... more
- Aria Judilla on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Poor kid has no hope in life anyway - his parents watch the footy show. more
- Robert Rich on Cleveland's Charles Ramsey Songified God Bless You Man more
- linda on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... This is poo TV at its best more
- steve on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... We need a train to go to the airport but city link gets looked after very well wake up victoria more
- Frank on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... TRUCKS GOING THROUGH TRAIN CROSSINGS WHILE THE BOOM GATES ARE DOWN TRUCKS ARE ALLWAYS IN RUSH.. PETROL TANKERS ROLLING OVER ... more
- wayne on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To David 17 may - people have got the a right to make a comment dont call peoples comment stupid..I belive a normal Train ... more
- Mark on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... I wish all us truck drivers get some balls and just stop driving for a week and then you would see all these pathetic ... more
- Rory macneill on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... It's bit like a man debating with a bearded woman. more
- Malcolm Deetlefs on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... As an undersized youth and pushed around, my father took me to a boxing in South Africa. After ten years in the sport I grew ... more
- DavidR on Heartless Clayton thief steals from ... How does a thief know who he is stealing from??? more
- bc on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... dennis got his pay rise should get mighty mick gatto in the ring with napthine with the support of all victorians and sit ... more
Port Phillip Bay tragedy
Victoria Police have now ruled out the possibility of a third kayaker missing after the discovery of two bodies on Wednesday morning.
*Scroll down to listen to Neil Mitchell's interview with police*
Moorabbin Police's Inspector Tim Henson told 3AW two bodies were located on Wednesday after two men went fishing on motorised kayaks in Port Phillip Bay at 6:30am on Tuesday.
The men, a 40-year-old man from Ardeer and a 36-year-old man from Windsor, were reported missing at 11pm on Tuesday night.
Police Airwing and other emergency services and volunteers launched a search just before midnight and two vehicles were found at the Sandringham Yacht Club at 1am Wednesday.
At around 6am on Wednesday a body was located at the mouth of the Patterson River and at 8:30am a second body was discovered in Port Phillip Bay.
Both kayaks were found on the Seaford foreshore and Inspector Henson said both men were wearing life jackets, saying 'this just appears to be a real tragedy'.
Inspector Henson said it's believed both men were not very experienced at using the motorised kayaks.
EARLIER: Police have confirmed the discovery of a second body in Port Phillip Bay at Seaford.
The body of an unidentified male was found in the Patterson River at Carrum just after 6am on Wednesday.
There are unconfirmed reports of the discovery of a third body, which Channel Nine reporting it was discovered after 8.00am this morning.
The Water Police, the Police Airwing and the SES have been searching through the night of up to three missing kayakers who set out from Sandringham Yacht Club on Wednesday.
Police cannot confirm whether the confirmed bodies found are those of the missing kayakers.
There were rough conditions in Port Phillip Bay on Tuesday, with waves of up to 1.5 metres reported.
Police patrol the beach after terrible discovery. Photo: Yvette Gray
PLAY: Neil Mitchell gets an update from police at 11:15am
All People who go onto the water should have to be licenced or a up to date member of a water sport club with rules of water safty in place.Melody Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 10:54 PM
They obviously knew nothing about Port Phillip Bay, it is notorious for changing in a matter of minutes.janet p Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 2:04 PM