- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- Woman badly burned in shocking Ardeer assault
- Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow
- Man arrested after home invasion
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
Port Phillip Bay tragedy
Victoria Police have now ruled out the possibility of a third kayaker missing after the discovery of two bodies on Wednesday morning.
*Scroll down to listen to Neil Mitchell's interview with police*
Moorabbin Police's Inspector Tim Henson told 3AW two bodies were located on Wednesday after two men went fishing on motorised kayaks in Port Phillip Bay at 6:30am on Tuesday.
The men, a 40-year-old man from Ardeer and a 36-year-old man from Windsor, were reported missing at 11pm on Tuesday night.
Police Airwing and other emergency services and volunteers launched a search just before midnight and two vehicles were found at the Sandringham Yacht Club at 1am Wednesday.
At around 6am on Wednesday a body was located at the mouth of the Patterson River and at 8:30am a second body was discovered in Port Phillip Bay.
Both kayaks were found on the Seaford foreshore and Inspector Henson said both men were wearing life jackets, saying 'this just appears to be a real tragedy'.
Inspector Henson said it's believed both men were not very experienced at using the motorised kayaks.
EARLIER: Police have confirmed the discovery of a second body in Port Phillip Bay at Seaford.
The body of an unidentified male was found in the Patterson River at Carrum just after 6am on Wednesday.
There are unconfirmed reports of the discovery of a third body, which Channel Nine reporting it was discovered after 8.00am this morning.
The Water Police, the Police Airwing and the SES have been searching through the night of up to three missing kayakers who set out from Sandringham Yacht Club on Wednesday.
Police cannot confirm whether the confirmed bodies found are those of the missing kayakers.
There were rough conditions in Port Phillip Bay on Tuesday, with waves of up to 1.5 metres reported.
Police patrol the beach after terrible discovery. Photo: Yvette Gray
PLAY: Neil Mitchell gets an update from police at 11:15am
All People who go onto the water should have to be licenced or a up to date member of a water sport club with rules of water safty in place.Melody Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 10:54 PM
They obviously knew nothing about Port Phillip Bay, it is notorious for changing in a matter of minutes.janet p Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 2:04 PM