- Bargain Bun Ta with Ela Carte
- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Power surge residents will receive compensation
UPDATE: Residents of Mornington, Mt Martha and Moorooduc who suffered damage as a result of yesterday’s power surge can have their broken appliances replaced.
Spokesperson for United Energy Lisa Drought says customers should submit a ‘claim form’ which will then be judged on a case-by-case basis.
“This is a terrible inconvenience for people, it is also a frightening experience in some cases, obviously yesterday and overnight we have been focusing on taking people calls and helping them if they are concerned at all from a safety point of view,”
“Now we are moving onto that next phase of assisting people with their claim. They do have to work through a process and our job is to make that process as painless as possible” she told Neil Mitchell.
United Energy ask all customers within the affected areas to please check your appliances for electrical damage and call them on 1300 131 689 if you have any questions or concerns.
If you wish to make a claim following appliance damageyou can access a claim form here.
WEDNESDAY: An electrical surge in Mount Martha and Mornington has sparked nearly 60 calls to the CFA for help.
Residents around the area have been urged to check their homes after the surge came from the Mornington sub-station around 9:00am.
The affected area is between Craigie Road and Bungower Road
Neil Mitchell spoke to CFA Operations Manager Trevor Owen who said fire fighters have put out 48 small fires in the area, 14 of which that could've turned into significant blazes if not for their quick response.
"Our biggest concern is that people smell smoke and contact emergency services straight away. They should also be looking out for their neighbours properties who might not be home. If they see smoke coming out of their windows it's a sign there might be a fire," he said.
Owen added the danger could persist for the next four to five hours.
"Wires in fuses, insulation, roofs and appliances can still catch fire and the repercussions could be very serious if they aren't noticed."
If you detect smoke in your house, turn off appliances and call 000 immediately.
LISTEN: CFA Operations Manager Trevor Owen:
Over 7 months waiting for compensation from united energy, also the inconvenience of non-working appliances. Wrong on so many levels.
There should be a class action taken against them for the $100,000 residents are out of pocket through no fault of their own.sue Tuesday 9 July, 2013 - 10:02 AM
Just spoke to Keiren Mcallister at United Energy.....Computers over 3 years of age will not be replaced ---no claim at all...I had a working pc for a home business and now have no working computersharon Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 4:07 PM
I have again contacted united, just get the run around, I replaced the phone and bought a new pc on interested free terms at Harvey Norman.Pond pump is dead microwaves catches fire if I turn it on. They asked me to email photos of the appliances...have done that, now that just leave me on hold in the hope that I hang upsharon Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 3:51 PM
We have also been effected by a United Energy Claim.
The Best thing to do is contact Channel 9 ACA or Channel 7 Today tonight with a story, as they will follow it up quicker than the drawn out process that united energy take.D.P Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 6:04 PM
I am in Wantirna Sth and we just had a power surge that blew up my little flat screen, not that old and not happy being a pensioner!Joanne Bamber Monday 28 January, 2013 - 5:25 PM
United Energy are not making the claim process easy! They are certainly not paying promptly as promised at their Community meetings held at Benton's Square. I, and many others that I am aware of (I work in customer service and people like to talk!)are still waiting more than 5 weeks after this happened for United Energy to "investigate" our claims, making us feel as though we're criminals trying to rort the system. In our case, and again many others that I'm aware of, their own service teams were required to attend our property on the day of this power surge, and the resulting damage would have been documented. And yet, we wait with outstanding bills to be paid, while United Energy do not respond to our emails, nor provide any info in follow up calls, other than to say that this is their process and all claims have to be investigated. They are not providing the service they promised after being pushed into any action initially only as a response of 3AW's interest in this on the day of the power surge, and they seem to have totally missed the point that this power surge was NOT our fault, we are the victims here!fed up of Mornington Friday 18 January, 2013 - 12:26 PM