- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
Reserve Bank cuts interest rates by .25 percent
The Reserve Bank of Australia has delivered a pre-Christmas interest rate cut reducing the official cash rate by .25 percent to 3 percent.
It's the lowest the cash rate has been since early October 2009, during the global financial crisis.
The big Banks not have not yet said if they will pass on the cut in full, but Federal Treasurer Wayne Swan says there is no reason that they wouldn't.
"The fact is they should be passing the cut on in full, and I think their customers would rightly be very angry if they don’t see the pass rate in full,"
"And that's one of the reasons why for example we've abolished mortgage exit fees and we've made it much easier for people to switch their deposit accounts" he told Nick McCallum on 3AW Drive.
The interest rate cut. Will banks pass on the entire cut? We speak to Treasurer Wayne Swan. 4pm "Drive" @3aw693— NickMcCallum7(@NickMcCallum7) December 4, 2012
LISTEN: Federal Treasurer Wayne Swan speaks with Nick McCallum
ROADS vs RAIL: With Melbourne Airport set to build an $80 million six-lane road to directly connect motorists between the Western Ring Road and Tullamarine, 3AW Breakfast have asked: What about a rail link?