- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Richmond legend Neville Crowe rescued by Tigers supporter
This morning, the Rumour file learned Richmond club legend Neville Crowe took a nasty spill while riding his bicycle along the Yarra in North Richmond at the weekend.
He tumbled eight metres into the River and was saved by a passing jogger who happened to be a Richmond fanatic.
Neil Mitchell chased down the good Samaritan, John Greene, for a quick chat this morning.
"He was possibly in danger of drowning. When his head popped up in the water it was a great relief but he definitely needed to be pulled out," Mr. Greene told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN BELOW: Neil Mitchell talks with John Greene
Greene said it required a daisy chain of other bystanders to pull him out of the water.
"We all went down the bank to the edge of river and I was able to drag him through the mud to the the embankment. Luckily we were able to form a human chain and drag him out."
The 75-year old Crowe, who suffers from alzheimer's, played for Richmond from 1957-1967 and served as the club President from 1987-1993. He retired in 2008 after serving the club for over fifty years.
IMAGE: 1967...Neville Crowe and John Nicholls contesting hit out at Carlton ground.
"It took a few seconds, but I recognised that familiar mustache and told him he was in good hands. My family are Richmond supporters through and through," Greene said.
Unable to reach Crowe's wife, Greene rang Brendon Gale, CEO of the Richmond football club and let him know what happened. He then drove the footy legend home to his house in Burwood.
"What better then a Richmond supporter hero to pull another Richmond hero out of the Yarra," Neil Mitchell said.
PLAY: John Greene talks to Neil Mitchell about the rescue
Ahh it's all jokes. He's done a wonderful thing saving Mr Crowe :)AussieBlue Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 3:16 PM
@aussieBlue - ouch, a little mean!
Well done John Greene.Jake Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 2:51 PM
People will do anything to get an autographed jumper. John was probably the other cyclist! hahahaAussieBlue Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 1:56 PM