- Mother's tears and pain over son's fatal accident
- Peter Slipper MP formally charged with fraud
- Charges could be laid over Swanston Street wall collapse: court told
- Operation Unification: Police across country target illegal firearms
- Elderly man fighting for life, police hunt truck driver
- Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to death in street
- Serious head injuries in Hazelwood Power Station fall
- Footscray train station stabbing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tim Whiteside on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Hi Guys, I've been listening to the ABC for a lifetime but really had enough of Red Symonds who ,so self-obsessed ... more
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
Richmond legend Neville Crowe rescued by Tigers supporter
This morning, the Rumour file learned Richmond club legend Neville Crowe took a nasty spill while riding his bicycle along the Yarra in North Richmond at the weekend.
He tumbled eight metres into the River and was saved by a passing jogger who happened to be a Richmond fanatic.
Neil Mitchell chased down the good Samaritan, John Greene, for a quick chat this morning.
"He was possibly in danger of drowning. When his head popped up in the water it was a great relief but he definitely needed to be pulled out," Mr. Greene told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN BELOW: Neil Mitchell talks with John Greene
Greene said it required a daisy chain of other bystanders to pull him out of the water.
"We all went down the bank to the edge of river and I was able to drag him through the mud to the the embankment. Luckily we were able to form a human chain and drag him out."
The 75-year old Crowe, who suffers from alzheimer's, played for Richmond from 1957-1967 and served as the club President from 1987-1993. He retired in 2008 after serving the club for over fifty years.
IMAGE: 1967...Neville Crowe and John Nicholls contesting hit out at Carlton ground.
"It took a few seconds, but I recognised that familiar mustache and told him he was in good hands. My family are Richmond supporters through and through," Greene said.
Unable to reach Crowe's wife, Greene rang Brendon Gale, CEO of the Richmond football club and let him know what happened. He then drove the footy legend home to his house in Burwood.
"What better then a Richmond supporter hero to pull another Richmond hero out of the Yarra," Neil Mitchell said.
PLAY: John Greene talks to Neil Mitchell about the rescue
Ahh it's all jokes. He's done a wonderful thing saving Mr Crowe :)AussieBlue Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 3:16 PM
@aussieBlue - ouch, a little mean!
Well done John Greene.Jake Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 2:51 PM
People will do anything to get an autographed jumper. John was probably the other cyclist! hahahaAussieBlue Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 1:56 PM