- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Richmond legend Neville Crowe rescued by Tigers supporter
This morning, the Rumour file learned Richmond club legend Neville Crowe took a nasty spill while riding his bicycle along the Yarra in North Richmond at the weekend.
He tumbled eight metres into the River and was saved by a passing jogger who happened to be a Richmond fanatic.
Neil Mitchell chased down the good Samaritan, John Greene, for a quick chat this morning.
"He was possibly in danger of drowning. When his head popped up in the water it was a great relief but he definitely needed to be pulled out," Mr. Greene told Neil Mitchell.
LISTEN BELOW: Neil Mitchell talks with John Greene
Greene said it required a daisy chain of other bystanders to pull him out of the water.
"We all went down the bank to the edge of river and I was able to drag him through the mud to the the embankment. Luckily we were able to form a human chain and drag him out."
The 75-year old Crowe, who suffers from alzheimer's, played for Richmond from 1957-1967 and served as the club President from 1987-1993. He retired in 2008 after serving the club for over fifty years.
IMAGE: 1967...Neville Crowe and John Nicholls contesting hit out at Carlton ground.
"It took a few seconds, but I recognised that familiar mustache and told him he was in good hands. My family are Richmond supporters through and through," Greene said.
Unable to reach Crowe's wife, Greene rang Brendon Gale, CEO of the Richmond football club and let him know what happened. He then drove the footy legend home to his house in Burwood.
"What better then a Richmond supporter hero to pull another Richmond hero out of the Yarra," Neil Mitchell said.
PLAY: John Greene talks to Neil Mitchell about the rescue
Ahh it's all jokes. He's done a wonderful thing saving Mr Crowe :)AussieBlue Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 3:16 PM
@aussieBlue - ouch, a little mean!
Well done John Greene.Jake Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 2:51 PM
People will do anything to get an autographed jumper. John was probably the other cyclist! hahahaAussieBlue Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 1:56 PM