- Public transport price rise
- Sports star parents' scary ambo wait
- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Shields on ASADA set to charge Bombers: Sly Ahmed Saad has been individually penalised for his indiscretion so when are the Bomber players going to be charged ,Watson ... more
- Sinbad on Sly's Policeman of the year award Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ahhhh 'fruitloop'....time to fortify the gates, set the alarms and take a double dose of ... more
- Emerald on GWS joins gay marriage debate I don't think anyone coming out in support of marriage equality is playing politics, only homophobes would see it that way. more
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
Ricky Ponting announces his retirement
RUMOUR CONFIRMED: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has announced his retirement from test cricket, with the Perth test to be his last.
The Perth test will be the 37 year old's 168th test, equalling Steve Waugh's Australian record.
A late rumour to the 3AW Breakfast rumour file, 'Punt on Ponting' correctly claimed his retirement would be announced today.
Ponting told the press conference that after scores of four, 16 and a duck so far this series against South Africa, now was the right time to step down.
"Over the last couple of weeks my level of performance hasn't been good enough," he said.
"My passion and love for the game hasn't changed one bit, right through the last 12 or 18 months when things probably haven't been as I'd liked them."
Ponting told a press conference he would continue to play with Tasmania and Hobart Hurricanes for the rest of the summer.
Ponting said the upcoming test held great importance, and he could leave the game with Australia beating South Africa in Perth to re-gain the #1 ranked team position.
"My immediate focus now...is what we're presented with tomorrow," he said.
"We're going into what I believe is almost like a Grand Final.
"I'm hungrier than ever and want this win probably more than any game that I've ever played in."
Ponting made his test debut in December 1995 against Sri Lanka in Perth, has scored more than 13,000 test runs and will retire with an average of 52.
Matt -proudly Un-Australian, how can you make a comment about either Aussie rules or cricket when you obviously know zero, nil, nought, nothing about either. You are the sort of dill that Aussie can do without and I feel so sorry for you as it appears that you are deaf, dumb, stupid and can't read or you would know who Ricky Ponting is.GIW Monday 3 December, 2012 - 2:52 PM
Sorry.....but Punters "Use By" date has been well over for a number of years..
Had he not retired i,m sure the selection panel would finally have dropped him.
We need to find an Amla or Duplessi very soon.david mark Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 11:40 PM
Timely retirement means wise decision, sportsmanâ??s decision. He was a respected among Australian cricket like Sachin Tendulkar in Indian cricket. Only a difference between the two is Ponting didnâ??t wait till his removalâ?¦ about Sachin better NO COMMENT.Rahul Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 4:27 AM
Thank's Ricky you always turned your back on those media knockers and came out on the pitch shining like a true champion. That's what Aussies loved about you!Jillian Friday 30 November, 2012 - 7:14 AM
Who cares about these sporting jerks?
They are (not) so important in life, oh I can hit a ball, big bloody deal!!Faye Friday 30 November, 2012 - 6:09 AM
PLS STAY FOR ASHES U THE REAL STUFF..g Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 11:34 PM