- Breakfast in Glasgow: Ross and John's day of food
- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Ricky Ponting announces his retirement
RUMOUR CONFIRMED: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has announced his retirement from test cricket, with the Perth test to be his last.
The Perth test will be the 37 year old's 168th test, equalling Steve Waugh's Australian record.
A late rumour to the 3AW Breakfast rumour file, 'Punt on Ponting' correctly claimed his retirement would be announced today.
Ponting told the press conference that after scores of four, 16 and a duck so far this series against South Africa, now was the right time to step down.
"Over the last couple of weeks my level of performance hasn't been good enough," he said.
"My passion and love for the game hasn't changed one bit, right through the last 12 or 18 months when things probably haven't been as I'd liked them."
Ponting told a press conference he would continue to play with Tasmania and Hobart Hurricanes for the rest of the summer.
Ponting said the upcoming test held great importance, and he could leave the game with Australia beating South Africa in Perth to re-gain the #1 ranked team position.
"My immediate focus now...is what we're presented with tomorrow," he said.
"We're going into what I believe is almost like a Grand Final.
"I'm hungrier than ever and want this win probably more than any game that I've ever played in."
Ponting made his test debut in December 1995 against Sri Lanka in Perth, has scored more than 13,000 test runs and will retire with an average of 52.
Matt -proudly Un-Australian, how can you make a comment about either Aussie rules or cricket when you obviously know zero, nil, nought, nothing about either. You are the sort of dill that Aussie can do without and I feel so sorry for you as it appears that you are deaf, dumb, stupid and can't read or you would know who Ricky Ponting is.GIW Monday 3 December, 2012 - 2:52 PM
Sorry.....but Punters "Use By" date has been well over for a number of years..
Had he not retired i,m sure the selection panel would finally have dropped him.
We need to find an Amla or Duplessi very soon.david mark Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 11:40 PM
Timely retirement means wise decision, sportsmanâ??s decision. He was a respected among Australian cricket like Sachin Tendulkar in Indian cricket. Only a difference between the two is Ponting didnâ??t wait till his removalâ?¦ about Sachin better NO COMMENT.Rahul Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 4:27 AM
Thank's Ricky you always turned your back on those media knockers and came out on the pitch shining like a true champion. That's what Aussies loved about you!Jillian Friday 30 November, 2012 - 7:14 AM
Who cares about these sporting jerks?
They are (not) so important in life, oh I can hit a ball, big bloody deal!!Faye Friday 30 November, 2012 - 6:09 AM
PLS STAY FOR ASHES U THE REAL STUFF..g Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 11:34 PM