- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Ricky Ponting announces his retirement
RUMOUR CONFIRMED: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has announced his retirement from test cricket, with the Perth test to be his last.
The Perth test will be the 37 year old's 168th test, equalling Steve Waugh's Australian record.
A late rumour to the 3AW Breakfast rumour file, 'Punt on Ponting' correctly claimed his retirement would be announced today.
Ponting told the press conference that after scores of four, 16 and a duck so far this series against South Africa, now was the right time to step down.
"Over the last couple of weeks my level of performance hasn't been good enough," he said.
"My passion and love for the game hasn't changed one bit, right through the last 12 or 18 months when things probably haven't been as I'd liked them."
Ponting told a press conference he would continue to play with Tasmania and Hobart Hurricanes for the rest of the summer.
Ponting said the upcoming test held great importance, and he could leave the game with Australia beating South Africa in Perth to re-gain the #1 ranked team position.
"My immediate focus now...is what we're presented with tomorrow," he said.
"We're going into what I believe is almost like a Grand Final.
"I'm hungrier than ever and want this win probably more than any game that I've ever played in."
Ponting made his test debut in December 1995 against Sri Lanka in Perth, has scored more than 13,000 test runs and will retire with an average of 52.
Matt -proudly Un-Australian, how can you make a comment about either Aussie rules or cricket when you obviously know zero, nil, nought, nothing about either. You are the sort of dill that Aussie can do without and I feel so sorry for you as it appears that you are deaf, dumb, stupid and can't read or you would know who Ricky Ponting is.GIW Monday 3 December, 2012 - 2:52 PM
Sorry.....but Punters "Use By" date has been well over for a number of years..
Had he not retired i,m sure the selection panel would finally have dropped him.
We need to find an Amla or Duplessi very soon.david mark Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 11:40 PM
Timely retirement means wise decision, sportsmanâ??s decision. He was a respected among Australian cricket like Sachin Tendulkar in Indian cricket. Only a difference between the two is Ponting didnâ??t wait till his removalâ?¦ about Sachin better NO COMMENT.Rahul Sunday 2 December, 2012 - 4:27 AM
Thank's Ricky you always turned your back on those media knockers and came out on the pitch shining like a true champion. That's what Aussies loved about you!Jillian Friday 30 November, 2012 - 7:14 AM
Who cares about these sporting jerks?
They are (not) so important in life, oh I can hit a ball, big bloody deal!!Faye Friday 30 November, 2012 - 6:09 AM
PLS STAY FOR ASHES U THE REAL STUFF..g Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 11:34 PM