- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Robert Farquharson's appeal denied
The father who murdered his three boys by deliberately driving his car into a dam has lost his appeal against conviction.
The Court of Appeal has dismissed Robert Farquharson's bid to overturn his conviction on three counts of murder.
Farquarson had been convicted by two Supreme Court juries over the deaths of his three sons who were killed on Fathers Day 2005 when Farquharson deliberately drove them into a dam to get back at his ex wife and then claimed he blacked out during a coughing fit.
The Court of Appeal found it was reasonably open to the jury on the whole of the evidence to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt of Farquharson's guilt.
Farquharson wasn't in court today for the decision, but his ex-wife Cindy Gambino who is still suffering the effects of her loss burst into tears when she realised the result and said, "Thank God it's over."
Brothers Jai , 9, Bailey, 2, and Tyler Farquharson, 7.
This cretin is now going to become a serail pest>.Steve Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:26 AM
He s clearly doing it to cause more heartache to the mother of his children and everyone involvedMary Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:06 PM
Right decision for those 3 boys and family. But a well done to all those witnesses and everyone involved who went thru a very long stressful period, especially my brother Greg King. I certainly have a greater admiration to people who come forward as a witnessess.Anthony King Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:16 PM
when will we learn to bring back the death penalty. come on australia put it to a referendum PLEASE..bushiepete Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM
OMG, to look at the face of those beautiful boys and to think of the anguish of their mother to lose 3 babies like this is just shocking. This bastard should never get out of jail. He is the worst of the worst!Suffer Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:38 PM
At last a good news story.To borrow from the vernacular:Right whack.jgl Melb Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM