- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Robert Farquharson's appeal denied
The father who murdered his three boys by deliberately driving his car into a dam has lost his appeal against conviction.
The Court of Appeal has dismissed Robert Farquharson's bid to overturn his conviction on three counts of murder.
Farquarson had been convicted by two Supreme Court juries over the deaths of his three sons who were killed on Fathers Day 2005 when Farquharson deliberately drove them into a dam to get back at his ex wife and then claimed he blacked out during a coughing fit.
The Court of Appeal found it was reasonably open to the jury on the whole of the evidence to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt of Farquharson's guilt.
Farquharson wasn't in court today for the decision, but his ex-wife Cindy Gambino who is still suffering the effects of her loss burst into tears when she realised the result and said, "Thank God it's over."
Brothers Jai , 9, Bailey, 2, and Tyler Farquharson, 7.
This cretin is now going to become a serail pest>.Steve Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:26 AM
He s clearly doing it to cause more heartache to the mother of his children and everyone involvedMary Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:06 PM
Right decision for those 3 boys and family. But a well done to all those witnesses and everyone involved who went thru a very long stressful period, especially my brother Greg King. I certainly have a greater admiration to people who come forward as a witnessess.Anthony King Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:16 PM
when will we learn to bring back the death penalty. come on australia put it to a referendum PLEASE..bushiepete Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM
OMG, to look at the face of those beautiful boys and to think of the anguish of their mother to lose 3 babies like this is just shocking. This bastard should never get out of jail. He is the worst of the worst!Suffer Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:38 PM
At last a good news story.To borrow from the vernacular:Right whack.jgl Melb Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM