- Peter Slipper MP formally charged with fraud
- Charges could be laid over Swanston Street wall collapse: court told
- Operation Unification: Police across country target illegal firearms
- Elderly man fighting for life, police hunt truck driver
- Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to death in street
- Serious head injuries in Hazelwood Power Station fall
- Footscray train station stabbing
- One person trapped after army base tank collision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tim Whiteside on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Hi Guys, I've been listening to the ABC for a lifetime but really had enough of Red Symonds who ,so self-obsessed ... more
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
Robert Farquharson's appeal denied
The father who murdered his three boys by deliberately driving his car into a dam has lost his appeal against conviction.
The Court of Appeal has dismissed Robert Farquharson's bid to overturn his conviction on three counts of murder.
Farquarson had been convicted by two Supreme Court juries over the deaths of his three sons who were killed on Fathers Day 2005 when Farquharson deliberately drove them into a dam to get back at his ex wife and then claimed he blacked out during a coughing fit.
The Court of Appeal found it was reasonably open to the jury on the whole of the evidence to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt of Farquharson's guilt.
Farquharson wasn't in court today for the decision, but his ex-wife Cindy Gambino who is still suffering the effects of her loss burst into tears when she realised the result and said, "Thank God it's over."
Brothers Jai , 9, Bailey, 2, and Tyler Farquharson, 7.
This cretin is now going to become a serail pest>.Steve Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:26 AM
He s clearly doing it to cause more heartache to the mother of his children and everyone involvedMary Friday 7 December, 2012 - 6:06 PM
Right decision for those 3 boys and family. But a well done to all those witnesses and everyone involved who went thru a very long stressful period, especially my brother Greg King. I certainly have a greater admiration to people who come forward as a witnessess.Anthony King Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:16 PM
when will we learn to bring back the death penalty. come on australia put it to a referendum PLEASE..bushiepete Friday 7 December, 2012 - 3:04 PM
OMG, to look at the face of those beautiful boys and to think of the anguish of their mother to lose 3 babies like this is just shocking. This bastard should never get out of jail. He is the worst of the worst!Suffer Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:38 PM
At last a good news story.To borrow from the vernacular:Right whack.jgl Melb Friday 7 December, 2012 - 11:55 AM