- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Ross and John's campaign to name Melbourne Zoo's baby stick Insect
Ross and John's 'Name the Melbourne Zoo's Stick Insect' Campaign
The 10,000th Lord Howe Island Stick Insect has been born at the Melbourne Zoo and Ross and John want to know what to name it!
"If it was an elephant they'd be all over it like a cheap suit" Ross told his listeners.
Invertbarte keeper at the Melbourne Zoo Rohan Cleave says a lot of work has gone into securing the species survival and the recent births mark a very important milestone.
"This story starts back in 1918 when a ship run a ground and rat's got onto Lord Howe Island and in a very short time this species was presumed extinct," he told Ross and John.
"It wasn't until 2001 that they were actually rediscovered on Ball's Pyramid which is 23-kilometers just off Lord Howe island"
In 2003, a rescue team brought a breeding pair of Lord Howe Island Stick (Adam and Eve) Insects back to Melbourne zoo and in the 10-years since their arrival more than 10,000 eggs have hatched successfully.
Leave your name suggestions below...
NAME IDEAS FOR THE SNICK INSECT:
- Penny Cill
- Haitch Bee
- Stick no. 10,000
- Lord Stick.
sweet peasharon walker Wednesday 27 March, 2013 - 11:04 AM
'Slick' because he is a very cool stick so he is very Slick.Kerrie Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 10:51 PM
twiggyhowlcraig sawyer Wednesday 6 March, 2013 - 7:35 AM
Peter-Garrett-Dryococelus-Australis! SimpleCatinka Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 11:52 AM
@Ivan@kinnane - but let's not condemn and innocent stick insect with such a curse.Jake Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 3:53 AM
Tim Holding - low-life, bottom end of food chain, green and parasitic insect.Ivan@kinnane Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:57 PM