- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- Tony Mokbel loses appeal against drug trafficking conviction
- Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with Neil Mitchell over anti-boxing comments
- Tullamarine traffic chaos set to continue throughout evening peak
- Man in serious condition after gas bottle explosion
- Stonnington Council asks for police investigation
- Video: Several killed in Texas twisters
- Relatives of man shot dead in alleged attempted robbery appeal for accomplices to come forward
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- dan on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... Unfortunately when Neil comes out with 'ban boxing' it waters down what is a fair argument, that there should be more ... more
- David on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Great idea more trains and less trucks on the road. When was the last time you saw train do a delivery to a building site or ... more
- Turkey on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To many bottom feeders in the road transport game these days. more
- Luke on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Thank God we don't have the East-West Link, otherwise traffic would be backed up on the Eastern as well!!!!!!! more
- Tony on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What the hell is wrong with this society? Every comment is about blaming someone, blaming the government or winging about ... more
- Mad Rooster on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Checked Vic Roads app at 7.04am (30 mins after accident) and it says traffic on Tulla / Citylink from Brunswick Rd to ... more
- Jillian on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Why do things like this happen during the peak hour on any working day? more
- MAC on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Or your could try catching public transport....UH-no, wait, cant do that, would shrink our tiny manhood to much not to BE IN ... more
- Rumpole on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... More trains and rail freight and less trucks on the road! The 600 people on my train made it to work this morning and i got ... more
- david mccrossan on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Get facts right please. Its not a b double. Its a truck and dog. Used for carting sand gravel etc more
- Harry Brown on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Successive Governments fail to introduce sensible road rules like they have in UK.Trucks are only allowed in left two ... more
- Jim on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What goes around comes around...speed, tailgating...hospital! more
- Josh on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya: What an irresponsible comment! At least give the investigation a chance to assess the cause of the crash before ... more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... @ Bofya Kinetiks.How about waiting to find out what happened before making stupid comments, you fool. As for 3AW, it's not a ... more
- Brian Tunstead on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya Kinetiks did you witness this crash? If not, what gives you the right to automatically judge and assume the ... more
- Juy Legh on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I have an autistic grandson. I doubt that he will ever get anything from this scheme. The proof will be in the outcomes, ... more
- Jim on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament She wasn't crying about anything other than how badly defeated she is going to be in September. September too far away! more
- Ben on Victoria's most wanted man, Graham Gene ... Well he has just been tipped off. more
- sara on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I'm crying too Julia. Please. I'm in agony. Resign. Now. Don't wait until September. Your wonderful government has led me to ... more
- Polly on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament Julia Gillard would cry,lie,and knife you in the back to stay in power...what a piece of work more
Ross and John's campaign to name Melbourne Zoo's baby stick Insect
Ross and John's 'Name the Melbourne Zoo's Stick Insect' Campaign
The 10,000th Lord Howe Island Stick Insect has been born at the Melbourne Zoo and Ross and John want to know what to name it!
"If it was an elephant they'd be all over it like a cheap suit" Ross told his listeners.
Invertbarte keeper at the Melbourne Zoo Rohan Cleave says a lot of work has gone into securing the species survival and the recent births mark a very important milestone.
"This story starts back in 1918 when a ship run a ground and rat's got onto Lord Howe Island and in a very short time this species was presumed extinct," he told Ross and John.
"It wasn't until 2001 that they were actually rediscovered on Ball's Pyramid which is 23-kilometers just off Lord Howe island"
In 2003, a rescue team brought a breeding pair of Lord Howe Island Stick (Adam and Eve) Insects back to Melbourne zoo and in the 10-years since their arrival more than 10,000 eggs have hatched successfully.
Leave your name suggestions below...
NAME IDEAS FOR THE SNICK INSECT:
- Penny Cill
- Haitch Bee
- Stick no. 10,000
- Lord Stick.
sweet peasharon walker Wednesday 27 March, 2013 - 11:04 AM
'Slick' because he is a very cool stick so he is very Slick.Kerrie Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 10:51 PM
twiggyhowlcraig sawyer Wednesday 6 March, 2013 - 7:35 AM
Peter-Garrett-Dryococelus-Australis! SimpleCatinka Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 11:52 AM
@Ivan@kinnane - but let's not condemn and innocent stick insect with such a curse.Jake Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 3:53 AM
Tim Holding - low-life, bottom end of food chain, green and parasitic insect.Ivan@kinnane Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:57 PM