- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- Teachers, students to protest together
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
- Marko on Teachers, students to protest together If I had a child in St.Bernard's I'd be looking for a new school. Tony Paatsch is using his position to push his political ... more
Ross and John's campaign to name Melbourne Zoo's baby stick Insect
Ross and John's 'Name the Melbourne Zoo's Stick Insect' Campaign
The 10,000th Lord Howe Island Stick Insect has been born at the Melbourne Zoo and Ross and John want to know what to name it!
"If it was an elephant they'd be all over it like a cheap suit" Ross told his listeners.
Invertbarte keeper at the Melbourne Zoo Rohan Cleave says a lot of work has gone into securing the species survival and the recent births mark a very important milestone.
"This story starts back in 1918 when a ship run a ground and rat's got onto Lord Howe Island and in a very short time this species was presumed extinct," he told Ross and John.
"It wasn't until 2001 that they were actually rediscovered on Ball's Pyramid which is 23-kilometers just off Lord Howe island"
In 2003, a rescue team brought a breeding pair of Lord Howe Island Stick (Adam and Eve) Insects back to Melbourne zoo and in the 10-years since their arrival more than 10,000 eggs have hatched successfully.
Leave your name suggestions below...
NAME IDEAS FOR THE SNICK INSECT:
- Penny Cill
- Haitch Bee
- Stick no. 10,000
- Lord Stick.
sweet peasharon walker Wednesday 27 March, 2013 - 11:04 AM
'Slick' because he is a very cool stick so he is very Slick.Kerrie Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 10:51 PM
twiggyhowlcraig sawyer Wednesday 6 March, 2013 - 7:35 AM
Peter-Garrett-Dryococelus-Australis! SimpleCatinka Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 11:52 AM
@Ivan@kinnane - but let's not condemn and innocent stick insect with such a curse.Jake Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 3:53 AM
Tim Holding - low-life, bottom end of food chain, green and parasitic insect.Ivan@kinnane Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:57 PM