- Thousands remember on Anzac Day
- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Ross and John's campaign to name Melbourne Zoo's baby stick Insect
Ross and John's 'Name the Melbourne Zoo's Stick Insect' Campaign
The 10,000th Lord Howe Island Stick Insect has been born at the Melbourne Zoo and Ross and John want to know what to name it!
"If it was an elephant they'd be all over it like a cheap suit" Ross told his listeners.
Invertbarte keeper at the Melbourne Zoo Rohan Cleave says a lot of work has gone into securing the species survival and the recent births mark a very important milestone.
"This story starts back in 1918 when a ship run a ground and rat's got onto Lord Howe Island and in a very short time this species was presumed extinct," he told Ross and John.
"It wasn't until 2001 that they were actually rediscovered on Ball's Pyramid which is 23-kilometers just off Lord Howe island"
In 2003, a rescue team brought a breeding pair of Lord Howe Island Stick (Adam and Eve) Insects back to Melbourne zoo and in the 10-years since their arrival more than 10,000 eggs have hatched successfully.
Leave your name suggestions below...
NAME IDEAS FOR THE SNICK INSECT:
- Penny Cill
- Haitch Bee
- Stick no. 10,000
- Lord Stick.
sweet peasharon walker Wednesday 27 March, 2013 - 11:04 AM
'Slick' because he is a very cool stick so he is very Slick.Kerrie Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 10:51 PM
twiggyhowlcraig sawyer Wednesday 6 March, 2013 - 7:35 AM
Peter-Garrett-Dryococelus-Australis! SimpleCatinka Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 11:52 AM
@Ivan@kinnane - but let's not condemn and innocent stick insect with such a curse.Jake Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 3:53 AM
Tim Holding - low-life, bottom end of food chain, green and parasitic insect.Ivan@kinnane Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:57 PM