- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
Ross and John's campaign to name Melbourne Zoo's baby stick Insect
Ross and John's 'Name the Melbourne Zoo's Stick Insect' Campaign
The 10,000th Lord Howe Island Stick Insect has been born at the Melbourne Zoo and Ross and John want to know what to name it!
"If it was an elephant they'd be all over it like a cheap suit" Ross told his listeners.
Invertbarte keeper at the Melbourne Zoo Rohan Cleave says a lot of work has gone into securing the species survival and the recent births mark a very important milestone.
"This story starts back in 1918 when a ship run a ground and rat's got onto Lord Howe Island and in a very short time this species was presumed extinct," he told Ross and John.
"It wasn't until 2001 that they were actually rediscovered on Ball's Pyramid which is 23-kilometers just off Lord Howe island"
In 2003, a rescue team brought a breeding pair of Lord Howe Island Stick (Adam and Eve) Insects back to Melbourne zoo and in the 10-years since their arrival more than 10,000 eggs have hatched successfully.
Leave your name suggestions below...
NAME IDEAS FOR THE SNICK INSECT:
- Penny Cill
- Haitch Bee
- Stick no. 10,000
- Lord Stick.
sweet peasharon walker Wednesday 27 March, 2013 - 11:04 AM
'Slick' because he is a very cool stick so he is very Slick.Kerrie Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 10:51 PM
twiggyhowlcraig sawyer Wednesday 6 March, 2013 - 7:35 AM
Peter-Garrett-Dryococelus-Australis! SimpleCatinka Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 11:52 AM
@Ivan@kinnane - but let's not condemn and innocent stick insect with such a curse.Jake Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 3:53 AM
Tim Holding - low-life, bottom end of food chain, green and parasitic insect.Ivan@kinnane Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:57 PM