- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Sadistic rapist Antonio Luguancio on the run
UPDATE: Police say they've been in contact overnight with sadistic rapist Antonio Luguancio, who's on the run, after warrants were issued for his arrest.
He was on bail on weapons and drugs charges when he allegedly attcked his de facto at the weekend.
A major media blitz was launched yesterday to find Loguancio
Assistant Commissioner Steve Fontana says they have serious concerns about his behaviour.
"We know he hasn't gone bush but we're worried he may be armed and we know he's quite agitated at the moment," Fontana said.
"We just want him to turn himself in peacefully."
The Assistant Commissioner says Loguancio is in a seriously unstable psychological position, fluctuating between threats of self harm to threats against members of the public and police.
THURSDAY: One of the state's most dangerous criminals is on the run, prompting a major police search and a warning to the public.
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of 40-year-old Antonio Luguancio, also known as Mad Dog.
He is considered extremely violent and has previously served time for serious rape offences.
Police say he is wanted in relation to assaults committed in the West Heidelberg area last Saturday.
It's believed he may be frequenting the Heidelberg, inner metropolitan and Dandenong areas.
Ross and John spoke to Crime writer Sly of the Underworld Thursday morning, who said 'Mad Dog' is extremely dangerous and the fugitive squad is working around the clock.
"There is no question he's breached parole. Together with the public and police, hopefully we'll get a good resolution."
Members of the public should not approach him but immediately contact triple zero (000) or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
PLAY: Sly of the Underworld on Luguancio's parole
Glad to see this piece of crap is now dead. He was pathetic.david thomas Monday 4 March, 2013 - 1:01 AM
Women seem to love men like this in Australia and judges and magistrates seem to love them to pieces as well.SvetlanaBabe Friday 1 March, 2013 - 11:05 PM
I didn't like the comment on the radio that police are concerned for him what's with that. I hope he goes down in a hail of bullets but I suppose that only happens to teenage boys in skate parks!poptart Friday 1 March, 2013 - 5:14 PM
Corrections Victoria gave this maniac a rehabilitation and release permit and the parole board had set the release date as December 2012 originally they are responsible,come out and explain why you released him you faceless,weak pen pushers.mandy Friday 1 March, 2013 - 4:16 PM
It begs the question why the judgement of the big wigs should not be questioned by the hard working taxpaying innocent community.
I suppose their judgement is based on the sate of the red juice they had for lunch.
No one is safe.Kylie Friday 1 March, 2013 - 12:17 PM
Don't worry he just took off to compete with the boaties in exercising their rights for freedom in our community.Jane Friday 1 March, 2013 - 12:13 PM