- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
Scheme to protect fare evaders
Online activists who've set up a scheme claiming to shield fare evaders from fines have been given till tomorrow to scrap their campaign or face possible police action.
For 20-dollars a month, evaders are being offered "Tramsurance" to cover the cost of any penalties if they're caught travelling without a ticket.
The scheme follows a crackdown on fare evasion and the ever-increasing cost of public transport.
Those who have signed up for the 'Tramsurance Newsletter' receive this introductory email:
Thanks for your interest!
We're really glad you're considering joining us. We're passionate about changing Melbourne's public transport system to be cheaper and fairer for all. If you want help us along - or just want to get to work or uni for a reasonable amount of money - we'll be there for you.
"We're not encouraging people to fare evade, but if there is a demand for this type of service, we're willing to cater to it," co-founder Tom Pisel told Neil Mitchell.
"You're either going to end up a millionaire or in jail," Neil Mitchell said.
The Lord Mayor doesn't envision the movement taking off:
"I admire initiative, but this could get these kids in a whole lot of trouble. I reckon they need a stern talking to from their Mothers," Robert Doyle said.
IMAGE: Brainchild Tom Pisel
PLAY: Tramsurance co-founder Tom Pisel on 3AW
JULIAN KNIGHT: Hoddle Street killer Julian Knight has reportedly been refused parole and told he has no hope of release in the foreseeable future. The Herald Sun reports the Victorian Parole Board found Knight was still a danger to the community.
BOLTE BRIDGE: Citylink has defended the police response to a bomb scare on the Bolte Bridge which caused peak hour gridlock. The man at the center of the incident remains under police guard at the Alfred hospital.
The idiots need to go and live in other cities where public transport is more expensive or non-existant - everyone has to pay their way - life isn't a free ride no matter how much labour panders to Australians who have no idea how lucky they are.Jackie Friday 6 July, 2012 - 12:48 AM
Steve, you utter moron, Myki was introduced by the LIBERAL govt back before bracks, labor simply carried it through.Chris Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Myki,another failure of the incompetent previous Labor money wasters,and this government should have scrapped it>.Steve Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 2:46 PM
its not the consumers fault that the government wasted millions setting up myki when there were plenty of established cheaper alternatives, so why do we have to pay so much, it was brax and brumbys mistake not ours.Banana McCoon Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 2:28 PM
May be public transport could learn a thing or two here. Make it attractive enough price wise and more will pay and use it. A Flat attractive monthly price could be the answer.Steve Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Would a student Myki cost more than $20 a month??mylene Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 11:25 AM