- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' baby remark
- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
- jgl Melb on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... Despite any and all efforts to the contrary, an idiot,especially those of the arrogant genre,will never be educated. more
- Peggy on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... What a pity that the person witnessing this did not take note of the rego.What sort of a low life would do this? Cowards ... more
- Paddy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... I can just hear the Judge seeking guidance from the Chief Judge how "ugly" might be determined and after much back and forth ... more
- Willow on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Hang on here, believe it was a friend who sent this to the NRL Footy Sshow. Perhaps the family should be pointing their ire ... more
- Mal on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... That what happens when you put photo's on facebook, it a public forum and anybody who puts anything on it deserves the ... more
- Aria Judilla on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Poor kid has no hope in life anyway - his parents watch the footy show. more
- Robert Rich on Cleveland's Charles Ramsey Songified God Bless You Man more
- linda on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... This is poo TV at its best more
- steve on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... We need a train to go to the airport but city link gets looked after very well wake up victoria more
- Frank on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... TRUCKS GOING THROUGH TRAIN CROSSINGS WHILE THE BOOM GATES ARE DOWN TRUCKS ARE ALLWAYS IN RUSH.. PETROL TANKERS ROLLING OVER ... more
- wayne on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To David 17 may - people have got the a right to make a comment dont call peoples comment stupid..I belive a normal Train ... more
- Mark on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... I wish all us truck drivers get some balls and just stop driving for a week and then you would see all these pathetic ... more
- Rory macneill on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... It's bit like a man debating with a bearded woman. more
- Malcolm Deetlefs on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... As an undersized youth and pushed around, my father took me to a boxing in South Africa. After ten years in the sport I grew ... more
- DavidR on Heartless Clayton thief steals from ... How does a thief know who he is stealing from??? more
- bc on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... dennis got his pay rise should get mighty mick gatto in the ring with napthine with the support of all victorians and sit ... more
Scheme to protect fare evaders
Online activists who've set up a scheme claiming to shield fare evaders from fines have been given till tomorrow to scrap their campaign or face possible police action.
For 20-dollars a month, evaders are being offered "Tramsurance" to cover the cost of any penalties if they're caught travelling without a ticket.
The scheme follows a crackdown on fare evasion and the ever-increasing cost of public transport.
Those who have signed up for the 'Tramsurance Newsletter' receive this introductory email:
Thanks for your interest!
We're really glad you're considering joining us. We're passionate about changing Melbourne's public transport system to be cheaper and fairer for all. If you want help us along - or just want to get to work or uni for a reasonable amount of money - we'll be there for you.
"We're not encouraging people to fare evade, but if there is a demand for this type of service, we're willing to cater to it," co-founder Tom Pisel told Neil Mitchell.
"You're either going to end up a millionaire or in jail," Neil Mitchell said.
The Lord Mayor doesn't envision the movement taking off:
"I admire initiative, but this could get these kids in a whole lot of trouble. I reckon they need a stern talking to from their Mothers," Robert Doyle said.
IMAGE: Brainchild Tom Pisel
PLAY: Tramsurance co-founder Tom Pisel on 3AW
JULIAN KNIGHT: Hoddle Street killer Julian Knight has reportedly been refused parole and told he has no hope of release in the foreseeable future. The Herald Sun reports the Victorian Parole Board found Knight was still a danger to the community.
BOLTE BRIDGE: Citylink has defended the police response to a bomb scare on the Bolte Bridge which caused peak hour gridlock. The man at the center of the incident remains under police guard at the Alfred hospital.
The idiots need to go and live in other cities where public transport is more expensive or non-existant - everyone has to pay their way - life isn't a free ride no matter how much labour panders to Australians who have no idea how lucky they are.Jackie Friday 6 July, 2012 - 12:48 AM
Steve, you utter moron, Myki was introduced by the LIBERAL govt back before bracks, labor simply carried it through.Chris Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 9:37 PM
Myki,another failure of the incompetent previous Labor money wasters,and this government should have scrapped it>.Steve Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 2:46 PM
its not the consumers fault that the government wasted millions setting up myki when there were plenty of established cheaper alternatives, so why do we have to pay so much, it was brax and brumbys mistake not ours.Banana McCoon Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 2:28 PM
May be public transport could learn a thing or two here. Make it attractive enough price wise and more will pay and use it. A Flat attractive monthly price could be the answer.Steve Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Would a student Myki cost more than $20 a month??mylene Thursday 5 July, 2012 - 11:25 AM