- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- Woman badly burned in shocking Ardeer assault
- Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow
- Man arrested after home invasion
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
Separate truck incidents wreak havoc for commuters
Two separate incidents involving trucks have wreaked havoc for commuters in Melbourne today.
For over two hours, Drivers on the Monash Freeway faced heavy delays after a B-Double truck caught fire near the Warrigal Road exit just before 11AM.
Caller Anna told Neil Mitchell the flames were erupting from the top of the truck at 10:50AM.
Luckily, the driver was unharmed.
Thanks to Twitter user @siteaccess for sending us this photo.
Meanwhile, trains on the Craigieburn line between North Melbourne and Essendon have been suspended after a truck wedged itself under a bridge near Newmarket Station in Flemington.
The crash caused a power outage, affecting signals.
Buses are temporarily replacing trains.
Thanks to Twitter user @MUMTOO2 for this image
Sooner they print these signs in Chinese the betterljtw Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 5:56 PM
sue was more than likely eating her toast while driving to workalan holden Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:39 PM
Wonder how long the bloke that hit the bridge has been driving trucks??probably one of those driving school recruits, if so he needs a refresher course>!Steve Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 3:29 PM
went past that today traffic was slow i was in the far right lane a truck driver in the lane next to me decided he wanted to come into my lane didnt care i was there lucky there was abit of room to the right of me as i had to dodge him yet horn going off at him did he stop nooooo sick of truck drivers on the monash they are crazyluke Friday 25 January, 2013 - 6:47 PM
@Dan, I believe he is in the emergency lane. Probably parked, you can see the barrier right next to him.
@ tm. There is no emergency lane there. It's actually the right-hand running lane. There's only about three feet from the edge of the running lane to the concrete barrier. You can even see the traffic banked up behind him in his mirror.
CheersDan from Wheelers Hill Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM
With regards to the truck driver and the bridge...
I dont understand the problem.
He was delivering a bridge snd simply ran out of gas!Nick Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM