- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Hunt on for Sunshine stabber
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- New way to snap naughty drivers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Separate truck incidents wreak havoc for commuters
Two separate incidents involving trucks have wreaked havoc for commuters in Melbourne today.
For over two hours, Drivers on the Monash Freeway faced heavy delays after a B-Double truck caught fire near the Warrigal Road exit just before 11AM.
Caller Anna told Neil Mitchell the flames were erupting from the top of the truck at 10:50AM.
Luckily, the driver was unharmed.
Thanks to Twitter user @siteaccess for sending us this photo.
Meanwhile, trains on the Craigieburn line between North Melbourne and Essendon have been suspended after a truck wedged itself under a bridge near Newmarket Station in Flemington.
The crash caused a power outage, affecting signals.
Buses are temporarily replacing trains.
Thanks to Twitter user @MUMTOO2 for this image
Sooner they print these signs in Chinese the betterljtw Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 5:56 PM
sue was more than likely eating her toast while driving to workalan holden Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:39 PM
Wonder how long the bloke that hit the bridge has been driving trucks??probably one of those driving school recruits, if so he needs a refresher course>!Steve Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 3:29 PM
went past that today traffic was slow i was in the far right lane a truck driver in the lane next to me decided he wanted to come into my lane didnt care i was there lucky there was abit of room to the right of me as i had to dodge him yet horn going off at him did he stop nooooo sick of truck drivers on the monash they are crazyluke Friday 25 January, 2013 - 6:47 PM
@Dan, I believe he is in the emergency lane. Probably parked, you can see the barrier right next to him.
@ tm. There is no emergency lane there. It's actually the right-hand running lane. There's only about three feet from the edge of the running lane to the concrete barrier. You can even see the traffic banked up behind him in his mirror.
CheersDan from Wheelers Hill Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM
With regards to the truck driver and the bridge...
I dont understand the problem.
He was delivering a bridge snd simply ran out of gas!Nick Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM