- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Separate truck incidents wreak havoc for commuters
Two separate incidents involving trucks have wreaked havoc for commuters in Melbourne today.
For over two hours, Drivers on the Monash Freeway faced heavy delays after a B-Double truck caught fire near the Warrigal Road exit just before 11AM.
Caller Anna told Neil Mitchell the flames were erupting from the top of the truck at 10:50AM.
Luckily, the driver was unharmed.
Thanks to Twitter user @siteaccess for sending us this photo.
Meanwhile, trains on the Craigieburn line between North Melbourne and Essendon have been suspended after a truck wedged itself under a bridge near Newmarket Station in Flemington.
The crash caused a power outage, affecting signals.
Buses are temporarily replacing trains.
Thanks to Twitter user @MUMTOO2 for this image
Sooner they print these signs in Chinese the betterljtw Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 5:56 PM
sue was more than likely eating her toast while driving to workalan holden Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:39 PM
Wonder how long the bloke that hit the bridge has been driving trucks??probably one of those driving school recruits, if so he needs a refresher course>!Steve Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 3:29 PM
went past that today traffic was slow i was in the far right lane a truck driver in the lane next to me decided he wanted to come into my lane didnt care i was there lucky there was abit of room to the right of me as i had to dodge him yet horn going off at him did he stop nooooo sick of truck drivers on the monash they are crazyluke Friday 25 January, 2013 - 6:47 PM
@Dan, I believe he is in the emergency lane. Probably parked, you can see the barrier right next to him.
@ tm. There is no emergency lane there. It's actually the right-hand running lane. There's only about three feet from the edge of the running lane to the concrete barrier. You can even see the traffic banked up behind him in his mirror.
CheersDan from Wheelers Hill Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM
With regards to the truck driver and the bridge...
I dont understand the problem.
He was delivering a bridge snd simply ran out of gas!Nick Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM