- Essendon footballer in hospital after alleged stabbing
- Top five Melbourne cycling danger spots revealed
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing dog amongst rubble
- Tornado death toll revised to 24, including nine children
- Elderly woman critical after home invasion stabbing
- Noble Park deliberate hit-run: Man arrested
- Elderly woman stabbed in neck during home invasion
- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
- mandy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The parents need to have a go at whoever sent it and why and JAMES it was the NRL it has nothing to do with channel 9 Melb ... more
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
Separate truck incidents wreak havoc for commuters
Two separate incidents involving trucks have wreaked havoc for commuters in Melbourne today.
For over two hours, Drivers on the Monash Freeway faced heavy delays after a B-Double truck caught fire near the Warrigal Road exit just before 11AM.
Caller Anna told Neil Mitchell the flames were erupting from the top of the truck at 10:50AM.
Luckily, the driver was unharmed.
Thanks to Twitter user @siteaccess for sending us this photo.
Meanwhile, trains on the Craigieburn line between North Melbourne and Essendon have been suspended after a truck wedged itself under a bridge near Newmarket Station in Flemington.
The crash caused a power outage, affecting signals.
Buses are temporarily replacing trains.
Thanks to Twitter user @MUMTOO2 for this image
Sooner they print these signs in Chinese the betterljtw Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 5:56 PM
sue was more than likely eating her toast while driving to workalan holden Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:39 PM
Wonder how long the bloke that hit the bridge has been driving trucks??probably one of those driving school recruits, if so he needs a refresher course>!Steve Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 3:29 PM
went past that today traffic was slow i was in the far right lane a truck driver in the lane next to me decided he wanted to come into my lane didnt care i was there lucky there was abit of room to the right of me as i had to dodge him yet horn going off at him did he stop nooooo sick of truck drivers on the monash they are crazyluke Friday 25 January, 2013 - 6:47 PM
@Dan, I believe he is in the emergency lane. Probably parked, you can see the barrier right next to him.
@ tm. There is no emergency lane there. It's actually the right-hand running lane. There's only about three feet from the edge of the running lane to the concrete barrier. You can even see the traffic banked up behind him in his mirror.
CheersDan from Wheelers Hill Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM
With regards to the truck driver and the bridge...
I dont understand the problem.
He was delivering a bridge snd simply ran out of gas!Nick Friday 25 January, 2013 - 4:30 PM