- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Social media forced North to act
North Melbourne says it hasn't let Sudanese rookie Majak Daw down after suspending him, claiming "football's a tough game".
The 20-year-old's been sent down to train with Werribee indefinitely for lying to coach Brad Scott.
Daw was caught partying at a nightclub when he should have been home rehabilitating a knee injury.
He also owes a team-mate money and questions have been raised after he began a relationship with a team-mate's former girlfriend.
The club's under fire for not immediately detailing the reasons for his supension but Eugene Arocca says they'll wear it.
Arocca also said he has never seen rumours as vitriolic than the ones he saw posted on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook on Wednesday, which he says forced the club to come clean on why Daw was suspended.
PLAY: Eugene Arocca speaks to Neil Mitchell about Majak Daw
UPDATE: North Melbourne coach Brad Scott denies there is anything majorly sinister behind the indefinite suspension of Majak Daw and has revealed on 3AW the player lying to the coach is why the 20-year-old was banned.
VIDEO: Majak Daw talks about racism with Neil Mitchell in 2011
VIDEO: Matthew Lloyd discusses who he thinks will make the top 8 in 2012 and also discusses the leadership, or lack thereof, at certain clubs with the new season just around the corner. Click on the image of Lloyd for more, including an interview with James Hird.
North Melbourne CEO Eugene Arocca is a racist for describing Majak as:
"This is a chap who was in Egypt for three years with his family as a 12-year-old. I think lying might have been a part of the way they had to survive. I think you've got to take that into account."
Recently much as been done to stamp out racism based on simplistic generalisations that convey a sense of inferiority in the victim and false superiority of the inadvertant racist - in this case, Eugene Arocca.
Telling the truth is just as important a value to poor families as it is rich families. Should all refugees from war torn countries now labelled more likely to be liars? Should all indigenous players from remote communities with rampant poverty and social problems be considered more likely to lie?
The corollary is that people only need lie about things involving breaking social justice mores involving rules and laws.
It is grossly irresponsible for an AFL CEO to characterise anybody overcoming hardship and poverty requiring a skillset of a liar.
Neil please follow this up as the cliche of poor people struggling against violence or oppression being more likely to be liars stinks!Mike Friday 10 February, 2012 - 8:53 AM
What's all the fuss over this bloke? he is lucky they didn't sack him,hard to trust him now>!Steve Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 2:51 PM
Phillip, my point exactly!Pam B Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 12:24 PM
To PamB: Facebook doesn't defame peoples personalities, people defame peoples personalities!Phillip Molly Malone Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 12:03 PM
This Facebook is absolute rubbish. It causes so much trouble, and will only get worse. People need to get a life!Pam B Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 11:05 AM
Verbal gymnastics.One wonders where it's taught,maybe at law school,maybe at Collingwould,with Eddie as head tutor,whatever,Eug' certainly excells.As for the editor of the leading newspaper,as mentioned,he certainly played Eug'on a break by getting him to come clean.jgl Melb Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 10:48 AM