- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Social media forced North to act
North Melbourne says it hasn't let Sudanese rookie Majak Daw down after suspending him, claiming "football's a tough game".
The 20-year-old's been sent down to train with Werribee indefinitely for lying to coach Brad Scott.
Daw was caught partying at a nightclub when he should have been home rehabilitating a knee injury.
He also owes a team-mate money and questions have been raised after he began a relationship with a team-mate's former girlfriend.
The club's under fire for not immediately detailing the reasons for his supension but Eugene Arocca says they'll wear it.
Arocca also said he has never seen rumours as vitriolic than the ones he saw posted on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook on Wednesday, which he says forced the club to come clean on why Daw was suspended.
PLAY: Eugene Arocca speaks to Neil Mitchell about Majak Daw
UPDATE: North Melbourne coach Brad Scott denies there is anything majorly sinister behind the indefinite suspension of Majak Daw and has revealed on 3AW the player lying to the coach is why the 20-year-old was banned.
VIDEO: Majak Daw talks about racism with Neil Mitchell in 2011
VIDEO: Matthew Lloyd discusses who he thinks will make the top 8 in 2012 and also discusses the leadership, or lack thereof, at certain clubs with the new season just around the corner. Click on the image of Lloyd for more, including an interview with James Hird.
North Melbourne CEO Eugene Arocca is a racist for describing Majak as:
"This is a chap who was in Egypt for three years with his family as a 12-year-old. I think lying might have been a part of the way they had to survive. I think you've got to take that into account."
Recently much as been done to stamp out racism based on simplistic generalisations that convey a sense of inferiority in the victim and false superiority of the inadvertant racist - in this case, Eugene Arocca.
Telling the truth is just as important a value to poor families as it is rich families. Should all refugees from war torn countries now labelled more likely to be liars? Should all indigenous players from remote communities with rampant poverty and social problems be considered more likely to lie?
The corollary is that people only need lie about things involving breaking social justice mores involving rules and laws.
It is grossly irresponsible for an AFL CEO to characterise anybody overcoming hardship and poverty requiring a skillset of a liar.
Neil please follow this up as the cliche of poor people struggling against violence or oppression being more likely to be liars stinks!Mike Friday 10 February, 2012 - 8:53 AM
What's all the fuss over this bloke? he is lucky they didn't sack him,hard to trust him now>!Steve Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 2:51 PM
Phillip, my point exactly!Pam B Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 12:24 PM
To PamB: Facebook doesn't defame peoples personalities, people defame peoples personalities!Phillip Molly Malone Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 12:03 PM
This Facebook is absolute rubbish. It causes so much trouble, and will only get worse. People need to get a life!Pam B Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 11:05 AM
Verbal gymnastics.One wonders where it's taught,maybe at law school,maybe at Collingwould,with Eddie as head tutor,whatever,Eug' certainly excells.As for the editor of the leading newspaper,as mentioned,he certainly played Eug'on a break by getting him to come clean.jgl Melb Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 10:48 AM