- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- Postal pong leaves workers ill
- Armed bandit flees with Sunbury United cash
- Man fights for life after Dandenong car crash
- Police hunt injured thief
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Social media forced North to act
North Melbourne says it hasn't let Sudanese rookie Majak Daw down after suspending him, claiming "football's a tough game".
The 20-year-old's been sent down to train with Werribee indefinitely for lying to coach Brad Scott.
Daw was caught partying at a nightclub when he should have been home rehabilitating a knee injury.
He also owes a team-mate money and questions have been raised after he began a relationship with a team-mate's former girlfriend.
The club's under fire for not immediately detailing the reasons for his supension but Eugene Arocca says they'll wear it.
Arocca also said he has never seen rumours as vitriolic than the ones he saw posted on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook on Wednesday, which he says forced the club to come clean on why Daw was suspended.
PLAY: Eugene Arocca speaks to Neil Mitchell about Majak Daw
UPDATE: North Melbourne coach Brad Scott denies there is anything majorly sinister behind the indefinite suspension of Majak Daw and has revealed on 3AW the player lying to the coach is why the 20-year-old was banned.
VIDEO: Majak Daw talks about racism with Neil Mitchell in 2011
VIDEO: Matthew Lloyd discusses who he thinks will make the top 8 in 2012 and also discusses the leadership, or lack thereof, at certain clubs with the new season just around the corner. Click on the image of Lloyd for more, including an interview with James Hird.
North Melbourne CEO Eugene Arocca is a racist for describing Majak as:
"This is a chap who was in Egypt for three years with his family as a 12-year-old. I think lying might have been a part of the way they had to survive. I think you've got to take that into account."
Recently much as been done to stamp out racism based on simplistic generalisations that convey a sense of inferiority in the victim and false superiority of the inadvertant racist - in this case, Eugene Arocca.
Telling the truth is just as important a value to poor families as it is rich families. Should all refugees from war torn countries now labelled more likely to be liars? Should all indigenous players from remote communities with rampant poverty and social problems be considered more likely to lie?
The corollary is that people only need lie about things involving breaking social justice mores involving rules and laws.
It is grossly irresponsible for an AFL CEO to characterise anybody overcoming hardship and poverty requiring a skillset of a liar.
Neil please follow this up as the cliche of poor people struggling against violence or oppression being more likely to be liars stinks!Mike Friday 10 February, 2012 - 8:53 AM
What's all the fuss over this bloke? he is lucky they didn't sack him,hard to trust him now>!Steve Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 2:51 PM
Phillip, my point exactly!Pam B Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 12:24 PM
To PamB: Facebook doesn't defame peoples personalities, people defame peoples personalities!Phillip Molly Malone Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 12:03 PM
This Facebook is absolute rubbish. It causes so much trouble, and will only get worse. People need to get a life!Pam B Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 11:05 AM
Verbal gymnastics.One wonders where it's taught,maybe at law school,maybe at Collingwould,with Eddie as head tutor,whatever,Eug' certainly excells.As for the editor of the leading newspaper,as mentioned,he certainly played Eug'on a break by getting him to come clean.jgl Melb Thursday 9 February, 2012 - 10:48 AM