- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
South Australia could strike it rich after massive oil find
New oil extraction technology could help unearth more than $20-trillion worth of oil from South Australia's Coober Pedy region.
Brisbane company Linc Energy says it's believes up to 230-billion barrels of oil could be underground which would be enough to make Australia a self sufficient oil producer.
Reporter Cameron England from the Adelaide Advertiser says it's a significant development.
"They've known that there has been oil there for quite some time but it hasn't been what they call 'economic', it hasn't been easy to get out" he told Ross and John.
MAP: Coober Pedy, South Australia
The Americans and British will take the "lions" share of the profits because our govt. will say they invested in it. We have tens of billions of dollars in Superannuation lets use that to keep the oil field in Australians ownership.
I am sick off seeing this country being sold off to foreigners!Bob the Aussie Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:38 PM
The South Australian Government will give this away like they always do and make nothing for the State.
When Tom Playford was Premier South Australia benifited and grew from projects.
Government fails to see the reserve is owned by the people of S.A. and all work and infrastructure should be implemented in S.A. all processing the same.
But what will happen the big multi Nationals will come in and tell Government what they want and how many tax payer dollars they require and all the benifits go offshore.
Look at Rann and that bike rider who the State paid big bucks to, I can remember seeing a Premier acting like an excited puppy running around the legs of Armstrong and now made a fool off.
The Government should learn a lesson from that and next time show these people who owns the deposit and what is expected to mine it so the state and the people benifit.jc Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
OK you lot; It has yet to be established whether or not the field is able to be developed with today's technology; the size of the field; if it is economically viable; and if it is, when. There are more things the company must consider: These include Labor's unfriendly "Green" policies, Taxes on mining and petroleum production, The potential for Australia to be run by a competent Government, etc.David T. Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:48 PM
Seriously there whats the big deal - USA will want a cut and will scare our government into believing we will be invaded by China. The UK will claim we are under their Crown and will take a cut. The oil company and mining companies will take their share, not to mention the investors (the Rich). Prices of Oil will rise and we will still be working hard to make ends meat. Who Cares I say...KRIS Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 4:40 PM
Presserve it for future generations. BARJOJosip Barbir Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
Caltex is closing its refineries and importing petrol from Singapore. Good chance for Australia to refine its own.
This will postpone the coming electric car (severely overpriced) and the foreign takeover of our power stations.
Maybe we can own something that benefits Australia for a change. Ban foreign investment in it.Fred Pointyup Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 9:47 AM