- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- Nine refuse to apologise for 'ugly' baby remark
- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- Tony Mokbel loses appeal against drug trafficking conviction
- Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with Neil Mitchell over anti-boxing comments
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- dan on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... Unfortunately when Neil comes out with 'ban boxing' it waters down what is a fair argument, that there should be more ... more
- David on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Great idea more trains and less trucks on the road. When was the last time you saw train do a delivery to a building site or ... more
- Turkey on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To many bottom feeders in the road transport game these days. more
- Luke on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Thank God we don't have the East-West Link, otherwise traffic would be backed up on the Eastern as well!!!!!!! more
- Tony on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What the hell is wrong with this society? Every comment is about blaming someone, blaming the government or winging about ... more
- Mad Rooster on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Checked Vic Roads app at 7.04am (30 mins after accident) and it says traffic on Tulla / Citylink from Brunswick Rd to ... more
- Jillian on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Why do things like this happen during the peak hour on any working day? more
- MAC on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Or your could try catching public transport....UH-no, wait, cant do that, would shrink our tiny manhood to much not to BE IN ... more
- Rumpole on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... More trains and rail freight and less trucks on the road! The 600 people on my train made it to work this morning and i got ... more
- david mccrossan on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Get facts right please. Its not a b double. Its a truck and dog. Used for carting sand gravel etc more
- Harry Brown on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Successive Governments fail to introduce sensible road rules like they have in UK.Trucks are only allowed in left two ... more
- Jim on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What goes around comes around...speed, tailgating...hospital! more
- Josh on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya: What an irresponsible comment! At least give the investigation a chance to assess the cause of the crash before ... more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... @ Bofya Kinetiks.How about waiting to find out what happened before making stupid comments, you fool. As for 3AW, it's not a ... more
- Brian Tunstead on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya Kinetiks did you witness this crash? If not, what gives you the right to automatically judge and assume the ... more
- Juy Legh on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I have an autistic grandson. I doubt that he will ever get anything from this scheme. The proof will be in the outcomes, ... more
- Jim on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament She wasn't crying about anything other than how badly defeated she is going to be in September. September too far away! more
- Ben on Victoria's most wanted man, Graham Gene ... Well he has just been tipped off. more
- sara on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I'm crying too Julia. Please. I'm in agony. Resign. Now. Don't wait until September. Your wonderful government has led me to ... more
- Polly on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament Julia Gillard would cry,lie,and knife you in the back to stay in power...what a piece of work more
South Australia could strike it rich after massive oil find
New oil extraction technology could help unearth more than $20-trillion worth of oil from South Australia's Coober Pedy region.
Brisbane company Linc Energy says it's believes up to 230-billion barrels of oil could be underground which would be enough to make Australia a self sufficient oil producer.
Reporter Cameron England from the Adelaide Advertiser says it's a significant development.
"They've known that there has been oil there for quite some time but it hasn't been what they call 'economic', it hasn't been easy to get out" he told Ross and John.
MAP: Coober Pedy, South Australia
The Americans and British will take the "lions" share of the profits because our govt. will say they invested in it. We have tens of billions of dollars in Superannuation lets use that to keep the oil field in Australians ownership.
I am sick off seeing this country being sold off to foreigners!Bob the Aussie Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:38 PM
The South Australian Government will give this away like they always do and make nothing for the State.
When Tom Playford was Premier South Australia benifited and grew from projects.
Government fails to see the reserve is owned by the people of S.A. and all work and infrastructure should be implemented in S.A. all processing the same.
But what will happen the big multi Nationals will come in and tell Government what they want and how many tax payer dollars they require and all the benifits go offshore.
Look at Rann and that bike rider who the State paid big bucks to, I can remember seeing a Premier acting like an excited puppy running around the legs of Armstrong and now made a fool off.
The Government should learn a lesson from that and next time show these people who owns the deposit and what is expected to mine it so the state and the people benifit.jc Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
OK you lot; It has yet to be established whether or not the field is able to be developed with today's technology; the size of the field; if it is economically viable; and if it is, when. There are more things the company must consider: These include Labor's unfriendly "Green" policies, Taxes on mining and petroleum production, The potential for Australia to be run by a competent Government, etc.David T. Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:48 PM
Seriously there whats the big deal - USA will want a cut and will scare our government into believing we will be invaded by China. The UK will claim we are under their Crown and will take a cut. The oil company and mining companies will take their share, not to mention the investors (the Rich). Prices of Oil will rise and we will still be working hard to make ends meat. Who Cares I say...KRIS Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 4:40 PM
Presserve it for future generations. BARJOJosip Barbir Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
Caltex is closing its refineries and importing petrol from Singapore. Good chance for Australia to refine its own.
This will postpone the coming electric car (severely overpriced) and the foreign takeover of our power stations.
Maybe we can own something that benefits Australia for a change. Ban foreign investment in it.Fred Pointyup Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 9:47 AM