- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
South Australia could strike it rich after massive oil find
New oil extraction technology could help unearth more than $20-trillion worth of oil from South Australia's Coober Pedy region.
Brisbane company Linc Energy says it's believes up to 230-billion barrels of oil could be underground which would be enough to make Australia a self sufficient oil producer.
Reporter Cameron England from the Adelaide Advertiser says it's a significant development.
"They've known that there has been oil there for quite some time but it hasn't been what they call 'economic', it hasn't been easy to get out" he told Ross and John.
MAP: Coober Pedy, South Australia
The Americans and British will take the "lions" share of the profits because our govt. will say they invested in it. We have tens of billions of dollars in Superannuation lets use that to keep the oil field in Australians ownership.
I am sick off seeing this country being sold off to foreigners!Bob the Aussie Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:38 PM
The South Australian Government will give this away like they always do and make nothing for the State.
When Tom Playford was Premier South Australia benifited and grew from projects.
Government fails to see the reserve is owned by the people of S.A. and all work and infrastructure should be implemented in S.A. all processing the same.
But what will happen the big multi Nationals will come in and tell Government what they want and how many tax payer dollars they require and all the benifits go offshore.
Look at Rann and that bike rider who the State paid big bucks to, I can remember seeing a Premier acting like an excited puppy running around the legs of Armstrong and now made a fool off.
The Government should learn a lesson from that and next time show these people who owns the deposit and what is expected to mine it so the state and the people benifit.jc Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
OK you lot; It has yet to be established whether or not the field is able to be developed with today's technology; the size of the field; if it is economically viable; and if it is, when. There are more things the company must consider: These include Labor's unfriendly "Green" policies, Taxes on mining and petroleum production, The potential for Australia to be run by a competent Government, etc.David T. Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:48 PM
Seriously there whats the big deal - USA will want a cut and will scare our government into believing we will be invaded by China. The UK will claim we are under their Crown and will take a cut. The oil company and mining companies will take their share, not to mention the investors (the Rich). Prices of Oil will rise and we will still be working hard to make ends meat. Who Cares I say...KRIS Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 4:40 PM
Presserve it for future generations. BARJOJosip Barbir Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
Caltex is closing its refineries and importing petrol from Singapore. Good chance for Australia to refine its own.
This will postpone the coming electric car (severely overpriced) and the foreign takeover of our power stations.
Maybe we can own something that benefits Australia for a change. Ban foreign investment in it.Fred Pointyup Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 9:47 AM