- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
South Australia could strike it rich after massive oil find
New oil extraction technology could help unearth more than $20-trillion worth of oil from South Australia's Coober Pedy region.
Brisbane company Linc Energy says it's believes up to 230-billion barrels of oil could be underground which would be enough to make Australia a self sufficient oil producer.
Reporter Cameron England from the Adelaide Advertiser says it's a significant development.
"They've known that there has been oil there for quite some time but it hasn't been what they call 'economic', it hasn't been easy to get out" he told Ross and John.
MAP: Coober Pedy, South Australia
The Americans and British will take the "lions" share of the profits because our govt. will say they invested in it. We have tens of billions of dollars in Superannuation lets use that to keep the oil field in Australians ownership.
I am sick off seeing this country being sold off to foreigners!Bob the Aussie Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 10:38 PM
The South Australian Government will give this away like they always do and make nothing for the State.
When Tom Playford was Premier South Australia benifited and grew from projects.
Government fails to see the reserve is owned by the people of S.A. and all work and infrastructure should be implemented in S.A. all processing the same.
But what will happen the big multi Nationals will come in and tell Government what they want and how many tax payer dollars they require and all the benifits go offshore.
Look at Rann and that bike rider who the State paid big bucks to, I can remember seeing a Premier acting like an excited puppy running around the legs of Armstrong and now made a fool off.
The Government should learn a lesson from that and next time show these people who owns the deposit and what is expected to mine it so the state and the people benifit.jc Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
OK you lot; It has yet to be established whether or not the field is able to be developed with today's technology; the size of the field; if it is economically viable; and if it is, when. There are more things the company must consider: These include Labor's unfriendly "Green" policies, Taxes on mining and petroleum production, The potential for Australia to be run by a competent Government, etc.David T. Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:48 PM
Seriously there whats the big deal - USA will want a cut and will scare our government into believing we will be invaded by China. The UK will claim we are under their Crown and will take a cut. The oil company and mining companies will take their share, not to mention the investors (the Rich). Prices of Oil will rise and we will still be working hard to make ends meat. Who Cares I say...KRIS Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 4:40 PM
Presserve it for future generations. BARJOJosip Barbir Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 11:28 AM
Caltex is closing its refineries and importing petrol from Singapore. Good chance for Australia to refine its own.
This will postpone the coming electric car (severely overpriced) and the foreign takeover of our power stations.
Maybe we can own something that benefits Australia for a change. Ban foreign investment in it.Fred Pointyup Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 9:47 AM