- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
State government unveils parolee crackdown legislation
Elsa Corp, murdered by a parolee in 2010. (Photo: Supplied)
1PM UPDATE: The Baillieu Government has unveiled sweeping changes to Victoria's parole system - which will see sex offenders and serious violent offenders sent back to jail.
The changes were spearheaded by the Corp family whose daughter Elsa was murdered by a parolee in 2010.
Under the changes, sex offenders and serious violent offenders convicted of a sex or violent offence while on parole will automatically have their parole cancelled.
Corrections Minister Andrew McIntosh said the changes are consistent with community expectations. He denied the tightening of the law will put extra pressure on jails.
EARLIER: 3AW Breakfast expects the state government will today announce legislation set to crack down on offenders who commit crimes while on parole, with new laws requiring them to be sent straight back to jail.
The morning the Rumour File heard the Baillieu government is set to announce the new laws as early as today, with a family of a murder victim confirming he has been summoned to meet Minister for Corrections and Crime Prevention Andrew McIntosh this morning.
Andy Corp, father of Elsa Corp who was murdered by a parolee in 2010, told Ross and John while the prospect of the announcement was great news, he remained cynical.
"We put to the government in November four major points which are half (an) A4 page regarding parolees who commit serious crimes while on parole,” he said.
”In our case, our daughter was murdered by a parolee who was arrested three times on parole, his parole wasn't revoked, he was also on bail, he had a ten-year history of very poor performance, judges had said that he had very low chances of rehab.”
A spokesperson for Andrew McIntosh would neither confirm nor deny the rumour, but said that the government had been talking about this happening for a couple of weeks.
LISTEN: Andy Corp speaks with Ross and John:
As a parolee who was framed by callous uncaring murderers,and who has served forty years for a crime I have not committed, I am sick to death of innocence abused. Murder is murder. Stop worrying about the over crowding of prisons. Lock `em up and leave `em. Do the crime do the time!Parolee Thursday 18 April, 2013 - 3:28 AM
Not wrong Mylene. Pity the Brumby Government didn't take note!!jason Monday 11 February, 2013 - 3:48 PM
Don't let these horrid people out of jail, ever!! Beautiful people are losing their lives in horrific circumstances, and it's hell for the victim and surviving victims of homicide.Sonia Monday 11 February, 2013 - 1:43 PM
Is time, that authority had act on this absurd lack of respect for life of women's.
My hope is that others state will follow the example and that the Juridical arm of the law will be implement with seriousness.Luigi Rosolin Monday 11 February, 2013 - 1:06 PM
The parole board quietly set free a convicted child killer into the community last week he served 16 out of his 19 yr sentence thanks for that parole board.mandy Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 8:29 AM
Wow. So of you break your parole for committing a similar crime to the one that put you into jail the first time you go back to jail. What an original concept :pmylene Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 11:17 PM