- Police hunting beach thieves
- Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay?
- One killed in Wimmera Hwy smash
- Murder suspect in dispute over plaster work, courts hears
- 3AW fast-tracks historic Ashes coverage
- 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept
- Two murdered with kids in the house
- One killed in South Yarra apartment fire
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
- Janet P on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What a disgusting low life. more
- Fat Controller on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Come on people itâ??s been around long enough by now I would have thought the constant whining would have subsided by now. ... more
- Roger on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Stupid system. I used my Myki the other day and noticed it had expired a month before (just after I previously used it)No ... more
- Sonya on Myki confusion forces closure of ... What I dont understand is why Myki passes expire? and why the complicated process of transferring credit from the old pass ... more
- Big Al on Myki confusion forces closure of ... This is like a really bad marriage. How long do you hang onto the disaster? At what point do you let go? I would suggest the ... more
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- john_at on Having issues streaming 3AW? www.australianliveradio.com provides a trouble-free steam of 3AW using Windows Media Player more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Was it $100K 'dead' or alive, or is this just a bleating somebody trying to evade justice yet again?Knowing our 'justice' ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Auto Repair Tempe on Holden recalls 50,000 imported cars Driving holden barina is really amazing if we don't find any technical problem. I have bought 2009 holden barina since long ... more
- Peggy on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene.How long do we have to put up with you?A truly great man has died. Many could learn from him. more
- It's So Simple on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just cut your losses now. Re-instate conductors and staff at every station. Install cameras for extra security. I am 120% ... more
- Joyfull on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Sadly, he will probably be treated quite well here in our jail. This country looks after criminals far better than our own ... more
- Rod on Myki confusion forces closure of ... My car had to be serviced so was forced onto public transport. Had a charged Myki ticket in my wallet which was purchased at ... more
- Gazza on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... 6 years what a sick joke...... more
- nik on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MET CARD was the best go JEFF KENNET Neil pressure the state government to make myki take daily tickets more
- Keith A Tudor on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... I trust this mongrel dog gets floggings in gaol! However, he will probably be a "protected animal' in there - sadly. more
Summer Heights High principal joins MLC school board
A former Principal who dabbled in heading up the fictional schooling world through her role in comedy series ‘Summer Heights High’ has been granted a seat on Methodist Ladies College school board.
Speaking with Ross and John, Elida Brereton, said she was looking forward to the new role after being appointed last night and believed the controversy surrounding former MLC Principal Rosa Storelli’s sacking had let to many other schools assessing their own governance.
"I think we've done a service to a lot of other schools," she said.
"I gather there's been a bit of a flurry by school councils and boards to check their own constitution.
"Hopefully some good will come out of it in that respect."
Ms Brereton’s scholastic career includes 15 years as Principal at Camberwell High School as well as her role as ‘Ms Margaret Murray’ in Chris Lilley’s hit comedy series.
Ms Brereton said she wasn’t aware of any discontent among the present prestigious Kew school board, which will now also include former journalist Amanda Buckley and lawyer Majorie Nicholas.
"I believe they do speak with one voice at the moment," she said.
The new MLC board member said she hoped her start would be as uncontroversial as possible.
"I'll understand if it starts off that way, but I'd love to think that we'll move on," she said.
"I think it's good that there's going to be an examination of governance and process.
"Hopefully it will be done right and in future years the governance will be very clear."