- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Target to stock 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie
Major retailer Target has announced it will stock lingerie based on the novel Fifty Shades of Grey from September 26, prompting an immediate backlash from women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist.
The E L James novel has been an international best-seller: a tale of a submissive woman and dominant man.
Target says the collection is styled on pieces Anastasia receives from Christian (the two main characters), saying it wants to "lift the Fifty Shades of Grey story off the pages and into the wardrobes of Australian women."
The range includes g-strings and suspenders while promotional images include a woman with ribbons strapped to her wrists and lace masks.
Women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist strongly opposes the themed lingerie.
"This is part of the mainstreaming of Fifty Shades of Grey in which the woman is a victim. There are many harmful aspects to this pornographic genre and now Target is turning it into a money-spinner.'
"So many people don't realise that Anastasia has to sign a contract agreeing to submit to any particular sex act that Christian Grey wants. This is a normalising of what are harmful practices which keep women subordinate in our culture."
She hasn't seen the lingerie but believes the theme "would be introducing bondage and S & M themes to children very early and Target might want to have a re-think."
What are your thoughts on Target stocking Fifty Shades of Grey themed lingerie?
Lets hope they don't make any in sizes bigger than 8-10......Gazza Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:40 PM
Stupid female models.
This crap clothing is not new, pander to males, you idiot women - then demand respect.Vera Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 8:17 AM
I bet that was the best $ 1.50 you have ever spentJim Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 6:03 PM
Why are so many people so precious? Target are planning to sell underwear, they are not offering Bondage sessions. Get over it. Go Target....Robert Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 4:06 PM
What about the guys too much emphasis on the women.mandy Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 3:18 PM
I support Melinda. Consider the effect on our young generation, please.Andrew Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 12:15 PM