- Thousands remember on Anzac Day
- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Target to stock 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie
Major retailer Target has announced it will stock lingerie based on the novel Fifty Shades of Grey from September 26, prompting an immediate backlash from women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist.
The E L James novel has been an international best-seller: a tale of a submissive woman and dominant man.
Target says the collection is styled on pieces Anastasia receives from Christian (the two main characters), saying it wants to "lift the Fifty Shades of Grey story off the pages and into the wardrobes of Australian women."
The range includes g-strings and suspenders while promotional images include a woman with ribbons strapped to her wrists and lace masks.
Women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist strongly opposes the themed lingerie.
"This is part of the mainstreaming of Fifty Shades of Grey in which the woman is a victim. There are many harmful aspects to this pornographic genre and now Target is turning it into a money-spinner.'
"So many people don't realise that Anastasia has to sign a contract agreeing to submit to any particular sex act that Christian Grey wants. This is a normalising of what are harmful practices which keep women subordinate in our culture."
She hasn't seen the lingerie but believes the theme "would be introducing bondage and S & M themes to children very early and Target might want to have a re-think."
What are your thoughts on Target stocking Fifty Shades of Grey themed lingerie?
Lets hope they don't make any in sizes bigger than 8-10......Gazza Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:40 PM
Stupid female models.
This crap clothing is not new, pander to males, you idiot women - then demand respect.Vera Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 8:17 AM
I bet that was the best $ 1.50 you have ever spentJim Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 6:03 PM
Why are so many people so precious? Target are planning to sell underwear, they are not offering Bondage sessions. Get over it. Go Target....Robert Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 4:06 PM
What about the guys too much emphasis on the women.mandy Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 3:18 PM
I support Melinda. Consider the effect on our young generation, please.Andrew Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 12:15 PM