- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Target to stock 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie
Major retailer Target has announced it will stock lingerie based on the novel Fifty Shades of Grey from September 26, prompting an immediate backlash from women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist.
The E L James novel has been an international best-seller: a tale of a submissive woman and dominant man.
Target says the collection is styled on pieces Anastasia receives from Christian (the two main characters), saying it wants to "lift the Fifty Shades of Grey story off the pages and into the wardrobes of Australian women."
The range includes g-strings and suspenders while promotional images include a woman with ribbons strapped to her wrists and lace masks.
Women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist strongly opposes the themed lingerie.
"This is part of the mainstreaming of Fifty Shades of Grey in which the woman is a victim. There are many harmful aspects to this pornographic genre and now Target is turning it into a money-spinner.'
"So many people don't realise that Anastasia has to sign a contract agreeing to submit to any particular sex act that Christian Grey wants. This is a normalising of what are harmful practices which keep women subordinate in our culture."
She hasn't seen the lingerie but believes the theme "would be introducing bondage and S & M themes to children very early and Target might want to have a re-think."
What are your thoughts on Target stocking Fifty Shades of Grey themed lingerie?
Lets hope they don't make any in sizes bigger than 8-10......Gazza Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:40 PM
Stupid female models.
This crap clothing is not new, pander to males, you idiot women - then demand respect.Vera Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 8:17 AM
I bet that was the best $ 1.50 you have ever spentJim Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 6:03 PM
Why are so many people so precious? Target are planning to sell underwear, they are not offering Bondage sessions. Get over it. Go Target....Robert Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 4:06 PM
What about the guys too much emphasis on the women.mandy Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 3:18 PM
I support Melinda. Consider the effect on our young generation, please.Andrew Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 12:15 PM