- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Target to stock 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie
Major retailer Target has announced it will stock lingerie based on the novel Fifty Shades of Grey from September 26, prompting an immediate backlash from women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist.
The E L James novel has been an international best-seller: a tale of a submissive woman and dominant man.
Target says the collection is styled on pieces Anastasia receives from Christian (the two main characters), saying it wants to "lift the Fifty Shades of Grey story off the pages and into the wardrobes of Australian women."
The range includes g-strings and suspenders while promotional images include a woman with ribbons strapped to her wrists and lace masks.
Women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist strongly opposes the themed lingerie.
"This is part of the mainstreaming of Fifty Shades of Grey in which the woman is a victim. There are many harmful aspects to this pornographic genre and now Target is turning it into a money-spinner.'
"So many people don't realise that Anastasia has to sign a contract agreeing to submit to any particular sex act that Christian Grey wants. This is a normalising of what are harmful practices which keep women subordinate in our culture."
She hasn't seen the lingerie but believes the theme "would be introducing bondage and S & M themes to children very early and Target might want to have a re-think."
What are your thoughts on Target stocking Fifty Shades of Grey themed lingerie?
Lets hope they don't make any in sizes bigger than 8-10......Gazza Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:40 PM
Stupid female models.
This crap clothing is not new, pander to males, you idiot women - then demand respect.Vera Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 8:17 AM
I bet that was the best $ 1.50 you have ever spentJim Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 6:03 PM
Why are so many people so precious? Target are planning to sell underwear, they are not offering Bondage sessions. Get over it. Go Target....Robert Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 4:06 PM
What about the guys too much emphasis on the women.mandy Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 3:18 PM
I support Melinda. Consider the effect on our young generation, please.Andrew Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 12:15 PM