- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
Target to stock 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie
Major retailer Target has announced it will stock lingerie based on the novel Fifty Shades of Grey from September 26, prompting an immediate backlash from women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist.
The E L James novel has been an international best-seller: a tale of a submissive woman and dominant man.
Target says the collection is styled on pieces Anastasia receives from Christian (the two main characters), saying it wants to "lift the Fifty Shades of Grey story off the pages and into the wardrobes of Australian women."
The range includes g-strings and suspenders while promotional images include a woman with ribbons strapped to her wrists and lace masks.
Women's advocate Melinda Tankard Reist strongly opposes the themed lingerie.
"This is part of the mainstreaming of Fifty Shades of Grey in which the woman is a victim. There are many harmful aspects to this pornographic genre and now Target is turning it into a money-spinner.'
"So many people don't realise that Anastasia has to sign a contract agreeing to submit to any particular sex act that Christian Grey wants. This is a normalising of what are harmful practices which keep women subordinate in our culture."
She hasn't seen the lingerie but believes the theme "would be introducing bondage and S & M themes to children very early and Target might want to have a re-think."
What are your thoughts on Target stocking Fifty Shades of Grey themed lingerie?
Lets hope they don't make any in sizes bigger than 8-10......Gazza Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:40 PM
Stupid female models.
This crap clothing is not new, pander to males, you idiot women - then demand respect.Vera Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 8:17 AM
I bet that was the best $ 1.50 you have ever spentJim Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 6:03 PM
Why are so many people so precious? Target are planning to sell underwear, they are not offering Bondage sessions. Get over it. Go Target....Robert Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 4:06 PM
What about the guys too much emphasis on the women.mandy Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 3:18 PM
I support Melinda. Consider the effect on our young generation, please.Andrew Tuesday 10 September, 2013 - 12:15 PM