- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Teen YouTube star strikes it big
There is nothing like a good news story.
How many thousands of teenagers across the World film themselves singing in the hope of being discovered?
Well, Lucinda Nicholls, 14, from Perth did just that, and now she's in London at Abbey Road Studios recording her own song and fronting a major advertising campaign.
The articulate young lady spoke to Ross and John this morning, saying she wrote the song for a friend who had very low self-esteem and didn't 'realise how beautiful she was.'
"I just filmed it off my laptop and put it onto YouTube for my friend.
"Next thing we know my Mum got a call from a 40-something year old man in Manchester who wanted to use my song in a kitchen ad. I couldn't believe that A. This was happening, B. It was in England and C. It was for a Kitchen," Lucinda said.
The song, titled 'Inside & Out,' has been released on the iTunes store and is available for purchase.
"It's going pretty well on the charts. I was behind Rolf Harris at one point and then I jumped ahead of Shakira," a modest Lucinda said.
* After the interview 3AW Breakfast discovered that Lucinda is the daughter of journalist John Nicholls who works for 6PR (3AW's sister station) in Perth. Small world!
PLAY: 14-year old Lucinda Nicholls with Ross and John
beautiful lucinda , you are supporting michael jackson legacy if you become successful with your lyrics stay a peaceful warrior fight to the death of the of the mind & body the spirit lives on beautiful inside .kind regards .[ michael jackson exposes luminatti site]. divine will, within all of us .will Friday 29 March, 2013 - 8:11 PM
Christine, you completely miss the point of the song. the voice is irrelevant. if the song works and saves one person, it is well worth hearing.Fiona C Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
Sorry but her voice is not very good and can't see why she has had 2K hits on youtube. Stay at school and study hard dear.Christine Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:07 AM
Came onto the 3AW website to find a list of servoes selling diesel and found you instead !!!
I'm the Lucky one
Good luck :)Michael Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Luce, has to be song of the year. Just beautiful. Wonderful lyrics and touchingly sung. The whole family stopped and listened when I played it and that's a first.Geoff Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 12:09 PM
Why don't you fly to Melbourne to meet with 3AW Announcer Tom Elliott and commision your song for 3AW Drive when he hosts it on Monday 14th January 2013?
This will mean 3AW will need to pay you royalities for everytime they play your song to start in finish 3AW Drive with Tom Elliott. Look at how much money you can make from our song Lucinda.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULY Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 5:32 PM