- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Teen YouTube star strikes it big
There is nothing like a good news story.
How many thousands of teenagers across the World film themselves singing in the hope of being discovered?
Well, Lucinda Nicholls, 14, from Perth did just that, and now she's in London at Abbey Road Studios recording her own song and fronting a major advertising campaign.
The articulate young lady spoke to Ross and John this morning, saying she wrote the song for a friend who had very low self-esteem and didn't 'realise how beautiful she was.'
"I just filmed it off my laptop and put it onto YouTube for my friend.
"Next thing we know my Mum got a call from a 40-something year old man in Manchester who wanted to use my song in a kitchen ad. I couldn't believe that A. This was happening, B. It was in England and C. It was for a Kitchen," Lucinda said.
The song, titled 'Inside & Out,' has been released on the iTunes store and is available for purchase.
"It's going pretty well on the charts. I was behind Rolf Harris at one point and then I jumped ahead of Shakira," a modest Lucinda said.
* After the interview 3AW Breakfast discovered that Lucinda is the daughter of journalist John Nicholls who works for 6PR (3AW's sister station) in Perth. Small world!
PLAY: 14-year old Lucinda Nicholls with Ross and John
beautiful lucinda , you are supporting michael jackson legacy if you become successful with your lyrics stay a peaceful warrior fight to the death of the of the mind & body the spirit lives on beautiful inside .kind regards .[ michael jackson exposes luminatti site]. divine will, within all of us .will Friday 29 March, 2013 - 8:11 PM
Christine, you completely miss the point of the song. the voice is irrelevant. if the song works and saves one person, it is well worth hearing.Fiona C Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
Sorry but her voice is not very good and can't see why she has had 2K hits on youtube. Stay at school and study hard dear.Christine Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:07 AM
Came onto the 3AW website to find a list of servoes selling diesel and found you instead !!!
I'm the Lucky one
Good luck :)Michael Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Luce, has to be song of the year. Just beautiful. Wonderful lyrics and touchingly sung. The whole family stopped and listened when I played it and that's a first.Geoff Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 12:09 PM
Why don't you fly to Melbourne to meet with 3AW Announcer Tom Elliott and commision your song for 3AW Drive when he hosts it on Monday 14th January 2013?
This will mean 3AW will need to pay you royalities for everytime they play your song to start in finish 3AW Drive with Tom Elliott. Look at how much money you can make from our song Lucinda.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULY Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 5:32 PM