- Operation Unification: Police across country target illegal firearms
- Elderly man fighting for life, police hunt truck driver
- Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to death in street
- Serious head injuries in Hazelwood Power Station fall
- Footscray train station stabbing
- One person trapped after army base tank collision
- Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges
- Essendon footballer in hospital after alleged stabbing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
Teen YouTube star strikes it big
There is nothing like a good news story.
How many thousands of teenagers across the World film themselves singing in the hope of being discovered?
Well, Lucinda Nicholls, 14, from Perth did just that, and now she's in London at Abbey Road Studios recording her own song and fronting a major advertising campaign.
The articulate young lady spoke to Ross and John this morning, saying she wrote the song for a friend who had very low self-esteem and didn't 'realise how beautiful she was.'
"I just filmed it off my laptop and put it onto YouTube for my friend.
"Next thing we know my Mum got a call from a 40-something year old man in Manchester who wanted to use my song in a kitchen ad. I couldn't believe that A. This was happening, B. It was in England and C. It was for a Kitchen," Lucinda said.
The song, titled 'Inside & Out,' has been released on the iTunes store and is available for purchase.
"It's going pretty well on the charts. I was behind Rolf Harris at one point and then I jumped ahead of Shakira," a modest Lucinda said.
* After the interview 3AW Breakfast discovered that Lucinda is the daughter of journalist John Nicholls who works for 6PR (3AW's sister station) in Perth. Small world!
PLAY: 14-year old Lucinda Nicholls with Ross and John
beautiful lucinda , you are supporting michael jackson legacy if you become successful with your lyrics stay a peaceful warrior fight to the death of the of the mind & body the spirit lives on beautiful inside .kind regards .[ michael jackson exposes luminatti site]. divine will, within all of us .will Friday 29 March, 2013 - 8:11 PM
Christine, you completely miss the point of the song. the voice is irrelevant. if the song works and saves one person, it is well worth hearing.Fiona C Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
Sorry but her voice is not very good and can't see why she has had 2K hits on youtube. Stay at school and study hard dear.Christine Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:07 AM
Came onto the 3AW website to find a list of servoes selling diesel and found you instead !!!
I'm the Lucky one
Good luck :)Michael Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Luce, has to be song of the year. Just beautiful. Wonderful lyrics and touchingly sung. The whole family stopped and listened when I played it and that's a first.Geoff Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 12:09 PM
Why don't you fly to Melbourne to meet with 3AW Announcer Tom Elliott and commision your song for 3AW Drive when he hosts it on Monday 14th January 2013?
This will mean 3AW will need to pay you royalities for everytime they play your song to start in finish 3AW Drive with Tom Elliott. Look at how much money you can make from our song Lucinda.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULY Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 5:32 PM