- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Teen YouTube star strikes it big
There is nothing like a good news story.
How many thousands of teenagers across the World film themselves singing in the hope of being discovered?
Well, Lucinda Nicholls, 14, from Perth did just that, and now she's in London at Abbey Road Studios recording her own song and fronting a major advertising campaign.
The articulate young lady spoke to Ross and John this morning, saying she wrote the song for a friend who had very low self-esteem and didn't 'realise how beautiful she was.'
"I just filmed it off my laptop and put it onto YouTube for my friend.
"Next thing we know my Mum got a call from a 40-something year old man in Manchester who wanted to use my song in a kitchen ad. I couldn't believe that A. This was happening, B. It was in England and C. It was for a Kitchen," Lucinda said.
The song, titled 'Inside & Out,' has been released on the iTunes store and is available for purchase.
"It's going pretty well on the charts. I was behind Rolf Harris at one point and then I jumped ahead of Shakira," a modest Lucinda said.
* After the interview 3AW Breakfast discovered that Lucinda is the daughter of journalist John Nicholls who works for 6PR (3AW's sister station) in Perth. Small world!
PLAY: 14-year old Lucinda Nicholls with Ross and John
beautiful lucinda , you are supporting michael jackson legacy if you become successful with your lyrics stay a peaceful warrior fight to the death of the of the mind & body the spirit lives on beautiful inside .kind regards .[ michael jackson exposes luminatti site]. divine will, within all of us .will Friday 29 March, 2013 - 8:11 PM
Christine, you completely miss the point of the song. the voice is irrelevant. if the song works and saves one person, it is well worth hearing.Fiona C Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
Sorry but her voice is not very good and can't see why she has had 2K hits on youtube. Stay at school and study hard dear.Christine Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:07 AM
Came onto the 3AW website to find a list of servoes selling diesel and found you instead !!!
I'm the Lucky one
Good luck :)Michael Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Luce, has to be song of the year. Just beautiful. Wonderful lyrics and touchingly sung. The whole family stopped and listened when I played it and that's a first.Geoff Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 12:09 PM
Why don't you fly to Melbourne to meet with 3AW Announcer Tom Elliott and commision your song for 3AW Drive when he hosts it on Monday 14th January 2013?
This will mean 3AW will need to pay you royalities for everytime they play your song to start in finish 3AW Drive with Tom Elliott. Look at how much money you can make from our song Lucinda.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULY Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 5:32 PM