- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
Teen YouTube star strikes it big
There is nothing like a good news story.
How many thousands of teenagers across the World film themselves singing in the hope of being discovered?
Well, Lucinda Nicholls, 14, from Perth did just that, and now she's in London at Abbey Road Studios recording her own song and fronting a major advertising campaign.
The articulate young lady spoke to Ross and John this morning, saying she wrote the song for a friend who had very low self-esteem and didn't 'realise how beautiful she was.'
"I just filmed it off my laptop and put it onto YouTube for my friend.
"Next thing we know my Mum got a call from a 40-something year old man in Manchester who wanted to use my song in a kitchen ad. I couldn't believe that A. This was happening, B. It was in England and C. It was for a Kitchen," Lucinda said.
The song, titled 'Inside & Out,' has been released on the iTunes store and is available for purchase.
"It's going pretty well on the charts. I was behind Rolf Harris at one point and then I jumped ahead of Shakira," a modest Lucinda said.
* After the interview 3AW Breakfast discovered that Lucinda is the daughter of journalist John Nicholls who works for 6PR (3AW's sister station) in Perth. Small world!
PLAY: 14-year old Lucinda Nicholls with Ross and John
beautiful lucinda , you are supporting michael jackson legacy if you become successful with your lyrics stay a peaceful warrior fight to the death of the of the mind & body the spirit lives on beautiful inside .kind regards .[ michael jackson exposes luminatti site]. divine will, within all of us .will Friday 29 March, 2013 - 8:11 PM
Christine, you completely miss the point of the song. the voice is irrelevant. if the song works and saves one person, it is well worth hearing.Fiona C Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
Sorry but her voice is not very good and can't see why she has had 2K hits on youtube. Stay at school and study hard dear.Christine Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:07 AM
Came onto the 3AW website to find a list of servoes selling diesel and found you instead !!!
I'm the Lucky one
Good luck :)Michael Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Luce, has to be song of the year. Just beautiful. Wonderful lyrics and touchingly sung. The whole family stopped and listened when I played it and that's a first.Geoff Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 12:09 PM
Why don't you fly to Melbourne to meet with 3AW Announcer Tom Elliott and commision your song for 3AW Drive when he hosts it on Monday 14th January 2013?
This will mean 3AW will need to pay you royalities for everytime they play your song to start in finish 3AW Drive with Tom Elliott. Look at how much money you can make from our song Lucinda.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULY Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 5:32 PM