- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
Telstra Customer hit with $28,000 bill
Telstra says they'll refund a customer's 28-thousand dollar bill after his phone was stolen on an overseas holiday.
Rayden Crawley was in Barcelona when he lost his phone and frantically contacted the Telco to cut his account.
However, instead of fixing it, they pulled the full amount off his credit card.
Crawley had been going back-and-forth with Telstra for weeks and finally contacted the Mitchell Program as a last resort.
"I first went to the Barcelona police station and filed a report when the phone was stolen. Then I contacted Telstra via email and I heard back the next morning saying they'd put a bar on the number," Crawley said.
"When I came back to Australia, I rang Telstra and they told me I have a $28,000 bill. I nearly fell over."
Crawley was told his case would be sent to the 'forensic department' and that he'd need to fax his police report and statutory declaration for the money to be reimbursed.
Two weeks later though, $27,853 had been charged to his American Express card. He later found out that Telstra didn't cut his number until 36 hours after he filed the complaint.
"They knew it had been barred, but they didn't have the relevant information. I was transferred from one person to another before I got onto the credit department."
Crawley originally told Neil Mitchell there was little he can do if Telstra doesn't do the right thing and refund his credit card.
Telstra apologised for the mistake just before midday and said they will immediately refund the man's account.
LISTEN: Rayden Crawley with Neil Mitchell
In many years of handling customer relations in the automotive industry, I learned something that many of today's companies apparently don't know, or have forgotten. It takes 10 times more effort (and cost) to gain a new customer than to keep a current one. These companies should realise that a current customer is an investment.David T. Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:33 PM
Another reason for NOT giving these big companies your credit card or direct debit authorisation!!!!David R Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:31 AM