- Public transport price rise
- Sports star parents' scary ambo wait
- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Shields on ASADA set to charge Bombers: Sly Ahmed Saad has been individually penalised for his indiscretion so when are the Bomber players going to be charged ,Watson ... more
- Sinbad on Sly's Policeman of the year award Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ahhhh 'fruitloop'....time to fortify the gates, set the alarms and take a double dose of ... more
- Emerald on GWS joins gay marriage debate I don't think anyone coming out in support of marriage equality is playing politics, only homophobes would see it that way. more
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
Toilet rolls and egg cartons banned from Knox Kindergarten
Knox Council has banned Kindergarten children from bringing egg cartons and toilet paper rolls to school as part of their arts and crafts activities.
The decision has been met with backlash from parents, many of whom feel the council is overreacting to children's health and sanitation.
Boronia Mum Emily Webb is sending her three-year-old daughter to Knox Kinder next year and she told Neil Mitchell it's a 'shame' kids won't be able to use items that have been utilised during playtime for decades.
"I think it's a bit silly, I use those items at home with my girl, so I can't say I understand the decision," she said.
"But what I've heard from other Mums, the smell of eggs to anaphylactics could set them off and as far as toilet paper rolls go, I guess they've been banned because they're around toilets and germs."
But Neil Mitchell pointed out that when kids go to Kinder, they use the toilet, the handles and the rolls all the time.
Emily also speculated one of the reasons children today are more susceptible to allergies is because they're constantly being quarantined from germs.
"Banning toilet paper rolls and egg cartons is just not practical and quite honestly, very silly," she said.
PLAY: Mum Emily Webb with Neil Mitchell
Rubbish Ivan, she's a paranoid idiot. The duty of care should be for your own child (educating, treating their allergies, arranging their needs), not getting every one else involved in individual health problems.Kane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:02 PM
@mike f there are some valid points made by @Miss M, which you have so arrogantly attacked. OK, she has a few typos. @mike f, you may wish to look at your own poorly constructed sentences before casting stones. There is nothing political in what she has written so your redneck ranting bile would be better served on legitimate left looneys.
@Kane, you are just a rude ignorant insulting pig who may benefit from one's own advice.
For both of you clowns, why not debate the issues rather than attack the person.Ivan@kinnane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:14 PM
@Miss M, go back to school and learn how to spell and how to write a sentence, if you are a kindergarten teacher as you imply,you are a disgrace.
This is just more bureaucratic rubbish from the looney left.mike f Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:36 AM
I would like to hear an expert's opinion regarding egg cartons before judging - is this possible please? Secondly, toilet rolls, for heavens sake (oh am I allowed to say "heavens"?). Let's not wear clothes anymore, after all we don't know where they have been.Dumb & Dumber Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 11:59 PM
miss M, I suggest you jump in a long drop toilet and drown in there, hahaKane Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:11 PM
Banning egg cartons is sensible because even the small traces of egg can endanger the life of a child. It doesn't seem silly to just say, 'lets not have them in our centre to avoid all risk and use something else because there is plenty of other material that can be used fro crafts'. Did you know that these kinders have access to 'egg cartons' but are made especially for craft?? So it isn't a total loss, they just don't want egg cartons that have had egg in them!!! Also you will be suprised how often you get toilet rolls smelling of pee or even wet. Once again it is easy to ban and you can buy these out of craft retailers as well. I will just add, that many items that come from home for 'craft' come into centre not properly washed or still with traces of food. Now they might be non-allergy food but can you imagine the stink and your child touching fowel rotton food? A good example is the good old milk bottle - they are never washed out with hot water properly. There are amzing families who do clean properly, but it is amazing how often they are not.miss M Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 6:46 PM