- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Toilet rolls and egg cartons banned from Knox Kindergarten
Knox Council has banned Kindergarten children from bringing egg cartons and toilet paper rolls to school as part of their arts and crafts activities.
The decision has been met with backlash from parents, many of whom feel the council is overreacting to children's health and sanitation.
Boronia Mum Emily Webb is sending her three-year-old daughter to Knox Kinder next year and she told Neil Mitchell it's a 'shame' kids won't be able to use items that have been utilised during playtime for decades.
"I think it's a bit silly, I use those items at home with my girl, so I can't say I understand the decision," she said.
"But what I've heard from other Mums, the smell of eggs to anaphylactics could set them off and as far as toilet paper rolls go, I guess they've been banned because they're around toilets and germs."
But Neil Mitchell pointed out that when kids go to Kinder, they use the toilet, the handles and the rolls all the time.
Emily also speculated one of the reasons children today are more susceptible to allergies is because they're constantly being quarantined from germs.
"Banning toilet paper rolls and egg cartons is just not practical and quite honestly, very silly," she said.
PLAY: Mum Emily Webb with Neil Mitchell
Rubbish Ivan, she's a paranoid idiot. The duty of care should be for your own child (educating, treating their allergies, arranging their needs), not getting every one else involved in individual health problems.Kane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:02 PM
@mike f there are some valid points made by @Miss M, which you have so arrogantly attacked. OK, she has a few typos. @mike f, you may wish to look at your own poorly constructed sentences before casting stones. There is nothing political in what she has written so your redneck ranting bile would be better served on legitimate left looneys.
@Kane, you are just a rude ignorant insulting pig who may benefit from one's own advice.
For both of you clowns, why not debate the issues rather than attack the person.Ivan@kinnane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:14 PM
@Miss M, go back to school and learn how to spell and how to write a sentence, if you are a kindergarten teacher as you imply,you are a disgrace.
This is just more bureaucratic rubbish from the looney left.mike f Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:36 AM
I would like to hear an expert's opinion regarding egg cartons before judging - is this possible please? Secondly, toilet rolls, for heavens sake (oh am I allowed to say "heavens"?). Let's not wear clothes anymore, after all we don't know where they have been.Dumb & Dumber Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 11:59 PM
miss M, I suggest you jump in a long drop toilet and drown in there, hahaKane Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:11 PM
Banning egg cartons is sensible because even the small traces of egg can endanger the life of a child. It doesn't seem silly to just say, 'lets not have them in our centre to avoid all risk and use something else because there is plenty of other material that can be used fro crafts'. Did you know that these kinders have access to 'egg cartons' but are made especially for craft?? So it isn't a total loss, they just don't want egg cartons that have had egg in them!!! Also you will be suprised how often you get toilet rolls smelling of pee or even wet. Once again it is easy to ban and you can buy these out of craft retailers as well. I will just add, that many items that come from home for 'craft' come into centre not properly washed or still with traces of food. Now they might be non-allergy food but can you imagine the stink and your child touching fowel rotton food? A good example is the good old milk bottle - they are never washed out with hot water properly. There are amzing families who do clean properly, but it is amazing how often they are not.miss M Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 6:46 PM