- Operation Unification: Police across country target illegal firearms
- Elderly man fighting for life, police hunt truck driver
- Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to death in street
- Serious head injuries in Hazelwood Power Station fall
- Footscray train station stabbing
- One person trapped after army base tank collision
- Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges
- Essendon footballer in hospital after alleged stabbing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
Toilet rolls and egg cartons banned from Knox Kindergarten
Knox Council has banned Kindergarten children from bringing egg cartons and toilet paper rolls to school as part of their arts and crafts activities.
The decision has been met with backlash from parents, many of whom feel the council is overreacting to children's health and sanitation.
Boronia Mum Emily Webb is sending her three-year-old daughter to Knox Kinder next year and she told Neil Mitchell it's a 'shame' kids won't be able to use items that have been utilised during playtime for decades.
"I think it's a bit silly, I use those items at home with my girl, so I can't say I understand the decision," she said.
"But what I've heard from other Mums, the smell of eggs to anaphylactics could set them off and as far as toilet paper rolls go, I guess they've been banned because they're around toilets and germs."
But Neil Mitchell pointed out that when kids go to Kinder, they use the toilet, the handles and the rolls all the time.
Emily also speculated one of the reasons children today are more susceptible to allergies is because they're constantly being quarantined from germs.
"Banning toilet paper rolls and egg cartons is just not practical and quite honestly, very silly," she said.
PLAY: Mum Emily Webb with Neil Mitchell
Rubbish Ivan, she's a paranoid idiot. The duty of care should be for your own child (educating, treating their allergies, arranging their needs), not getting every one else involved in individual health problems.Kane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:02 PM
@mike f there are some valid points made by @Miss M, which you have so arrogantly attacked. OK, she has a few typos. @mike f, you may wish to look at your own poorly constructed sentences before casting stones. There is nothing political in what she has written so your redneck ranting bile would be better served on legitimate left looneys.
@Kane, you are just a rude ignorant insulting pig who may benefit from one's own advice.
For both of you clowns, why not debate the issues rather than attack the person.Ivan@kinnane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:14 PM
@Miss M, go back to school and learn how to spell and how to write a sentence, if you are a kindergarten teacher as you imply,you are a disgrace.
This is just more bureaucratic rubbish from the looney left.mike f Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:36 AM
I would like to hear an expert's opinion regarding egg cartons before judging - is this possible please? Secondly, toilet rolls, for heavens sake (oh am I allowed to say "heavens"?). Let's not wear clothes anymore, after all we don't know where they have been.Dumb & Dumber Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 11:59 PM
miss M, I suggest you jump in a long drop toilet and drown in there, hahaKane Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:11 PM
Banning egg cartons is sensible because even the small traces of egg can endanger the life of a child. It doesn't seem silly to just say, 'lets not have them in our centre to avoid all risk and use something else because there is plenty of other material that can be used fro crafts'. Did you know that these kinders have access to 'egg cartons' but are made especially for craft?? So it isn't a total loss, they just don't want egg cartons that have had egg in them!!! Also you will be suprised how often you get toilet rolls smelling of pee or even wet. Once again it is easy to ban and you can buy these out of craft retailers as well. I will just add, that many items that come from home for 'craft' come into centre not properly washed or still with traces of food. Now they might be non-allergy food but can you imagine the stink and your child touching fowel rotton food? A good example is the good old milk bottle - they are never washed out with hot water properly. There are amzing families who do clean properly, but it is amazing how often they are not.miss M Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 6:46 PM