- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
Toilet rolls and egg cartons banned from Knox Kindergarten
Knox Council has banned Kindergarten children from bringing egg cartons and toilet paper rolls to school as part of their arts and crafts activities.
The decision has been met with backlash from parents, many of whom feel the council is overreacting to children's health and sanitation.
Boronia Mum Emily Webb is sending her three-year-old daughter to Knox Kinder next year and she told Neil Mitchell it's a 'shame' kids won't be able to use items that have been utilised during playtime for decades.
"I think it's a bit silly, I use those items at home with my girl, so I can't say I understand the decision," she said.
"But what I've heard from other Mums, the smell of eggs to anaphylactics could set them off and as far as toilet paper rolls go, I guess they've been banned because they're around toilets and germs."
But Neil Mitchell pointed out that when kids go to Kinder, they use the toilet, the handles and the rolls all the time.
Emily also speculated one of the reasons children today are more susceptible to allergies is because they're constantly being quarantined from germs.
"Banning toilet paper rolls and egg cartons is just not practical and quite honestly, very silly," she said.
PLAY: Mum Emily Webb with Neil Mitchell
Rubbish Ivan, she's a paranoid idiot. The duty of care should be for your own child (educating, treating their allergies, arranging their needs), not getting every one else involved in individual health problems.Kane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:02 PM
@mike f there are some valid points made by @Miss M, which you have so arrogantly attacked. OK, she has a few typos. @mike f, you may wish to look at your own poorly constructed sentences before casting stones. There is nothing political in what she has written so your redneck ranting bile would be better served on legitimate left looneys.
@Kane, you are just a rude ignorant insulting pig who may benefit from one's own advice.
For both of you clowns, why not debate the issues rather than attack the person.Ivan@kinnane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:14 PM
@Miss M, go back to school and learn how to spell and how to write a sentence, if you are a kindergarten teacher as you imply,you are a disgrace.
This is just more bureaucratic rubbish from the looney left.mike f Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:36 AM
I would like to hear an expert's opinion regarding egg cartons before judging - is this possible please? Secondly, toilet rolls, for heavens sake (oh am I allowed to say "heavens"?). Let's not wear clothes anymore, after all we don't know where they have been.Dumb & Dumber Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 11:59 PM
miss M, I suggest you jump in a long drop toilet and drown in there, hahaKane Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:11 PM
Banning egg cartons is sensible because even the small traces of egg can endanger the life of a child. It doesn't seem silly to just say, 'lets not have them in our centre to avoid all risk and use something else because there is plenty of other material that can be used fro crafts'. Did you know that these kinders have access to 'egg cartons' but are made especially for craft?? So it isn't a total loss, they just don't want egg cartons that have had egg in them!!! Also you will be suprised how often you get toilet rolls smelling of pee or even wet. Once again it is easy to ban and you can buy these out of craft retailers as well. I will just add, that many items that come from home for 'craft' come into centre not properly washed or still with traces of food. Now they might be non-allergy food but can you imagine the stink and your child touching fowel rotton food? A good example is the good old milk bottle - they are never washed out with hot water properly. There are amzing families who do clean properly, but it is amazing how often they are not.miss M Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 6:46 PM