- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Toilet rolls and egg cartons banned from Knox Kindergarten
Knox Council has banned Kindergarten children from bringing egg cartons and toilet paper rolls to school as part of their arts and crafts activities.
The decision has been met with backlash from parents, many of whom feel the council is overreacting to children's health and sanitation.
Boronia Mum Emily Webb is sending her three-year-old daughter to Knox Kinder next year and she told Neil Mitchell it's a 'shame' kids won't be able to use items that have been utilised during playtime for decades.
"I think it's a bit silly, I use those items at home with my girl, so I can't say I understand the decision," she said.
"But what I've heard from other Mums, the smell of eggs to anaphylactics could set them off and as far as toilet paper rolls go, I guess they've been banned because they're around toilets and germs."
But Neil Mitchell pointed out that when kids go to Kinder, they use the toilet, the handles and the rolls all the time.
Emily also speculated one of the reasons children today are more susceptible to allergies is because they're constantly being quarantined from germs.
"Banning toilet paper rolls and egg cartons is just not practical and quite honestly, very silly," she said.
PLAY: Mum Emily Webb with Neil Mitchell
Rubbish Ivan, she's a paranoid idiot. The duty of care should be for your own child (educating, treating their allergies, arranging their needs), not getting every one else involved in individual health problems.Kane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 6:02 PM
@mike f there are some valid points made by @Miss M, which you have so arrogantly attacked. OK, she has a few typos. @mike f, you may wish to look at your own poorly constructed sentences before casting stones. There is nothing political in what she has written so your redneck ranting bile would be better served on legitimate left looneys.
@Kane, you are just a rude ignorant insulting pig who may benefit from one's own advice.
For both of you clowns, why not debate the issues rather than attack the person.Ivan@kinnane Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 12:14 PM
@Miss M, go back to school and learn how to spell and how to write a sentence, if you are a kindergarten teacher as you imply,you are a disgrace.
This is just more bureaucratic rubbish from the looney left.mike f Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 11:36 AM
I would like to hear an expert's opinion regarding egg cartons before judging - is this possible please? Secondly, toilet rolls, for heavens sake (oh am I allowed to say "heavens"?). Let's not wear clothes anymore, after all we don't know where they have been.Dumb & Dumber Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 11:59 PM
miss M, I suggest you jump in a long drop toilet and drown in there, hahaKane Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 7:11 PM
Banning egg cartons is sensible because even the small traces of egg can endanger the life of a child. It doesn't seem silly to just say, 'lets not have them in our centre to avoid all risk and use something else because there is plenty of other material that can be used fro crafts'. Did you know that these kinders have access to 'egg cartons' but are made especially for craft?? So it isn't a total loss, they just don't want egg cartons that have had egg in them!!! Also you will be suprised how often you get toilet rolls smelling of pee or even wet. Once again it is easy to ban and you can buy these out of craft retailers as well. I will just add, that many items that come from home for 'craft' come into centre not properly washed or still with traces of food. Now they might be non-allergy food but can you imagine the stink and your child touching fowel rotton food? A good example is the good old milk bottle - they are never washed out with hot water properly. There are amzing families who do clean properly, but it is amazing how often they are not.miss M Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 6:46 PM