- Truck smoulders on Eastlink
- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Al Black on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam's government was so bad it had to be sacked, and his legacy was to inspire Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard to ... more
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
Tony Shaw: 'Not one AFL player will miss a game'
Former Collingwood Captain Tony Shaw doesn't believe a single AFL player will miss a match as a result of the drug scandal that has rocked Australian sport.
Shaw has lashed out at the investigation, saying it is a case of political 'grandstanding'.
"Grandstanding no doubt. The politicians. Like one politician said 'We will catch you. This is it. Do not go down that track. You will pay a price," Shaw told Neil Mitchell.
"I don't think any players will miss a game through this.
"There is no way known that the AFL would rub out 25 players from 1 club. They will plead ignorance, they will get a slap of the hand," he said.
Tony Shaw is a very naive man, if found 'Guilty' Essendon players will be suspended and at best can expect 6 months out of the game. Ian Robson is done as CEO and James Hird will never coach again. Welcome to the real world Tony Shaw. The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
Tony Shaw has no idea how this will unfold and implode the Essendon Football Club.GlennF Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 3:59 PM
essendon should be found guilty..players should be banned....james hird should be sacked for allowing it to happen..as he says the buck stops with him..as should bomber thompson..no excuses...ken Monday 11 February, 2013 - 11:11 AM
your right tony they will meet and think up more crap for us to swallow stick the football where it fits because i will not donate to support their habbit. Im sure the kangaroos are not involved because they have no money to buy anybarry Sunday 10 February, 2013 - 6:11 PM
I would love to see Demetriou the shock person to go out of this........Jillian Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 4:24 PM
at least tony shaw can say the obvious.
of course no afl player or teaam will miss out...
he knows as do most of us, they are all above the law of this land..
all comes down to money eh...greedy sods, the lot of themchris watts Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 3:48 PM
@Jake, well now we know that Andrew (and I believe the heads of other codes) has been gagged by ASADA and they are running the show. So we are all going to have to wait till ASADA find it convenient to tell us if our club is involved. This enquiry has potentially caused permanent damage to all codes in Australia by not revealing teams and players involved.Willow Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 11:30 AM