- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
Tony Shaw: 'Not one AFL player will miss a game'
Former Collingwood Captain Tony Shaw doesn't believe a single AFL player will miss a match as a result of the drug scandal that has rocked Australian sport.
Shaw has lashed out at the investigation, saying it is a case of political 'grandstanding'.
"Grandstanding no doubt. The politicians. Like one politician said 'We will catch you. This is it. Do not go down that track. You will pay a price," Shaw told Neil Mitchell.
"I don't think any players will miss a game through this.
"There is no way known that the AFL would rub out 25 players from 1 club. They will plead ignorance, they will get a slap of the hand," he said.
Tony Shaw is a very naive man, if found 'Guilty' Essendon players will be suspended and at best can expect 6 months out of the game. Ian Robson is done as CEO and James Hird will never coach again. Welcome to the real world Tony Shaw. The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
Tony Shaw has no idea how this will unfold and implode the Essendon Football Club.GlennF Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 3:59 PM
essendon should be found guilty..players should be banned....james hird should be sacked for allowing it to happen..as he says the buck stops with him..as should bomber thompson..no excuses...ken Monday 11 February, 2013 - 11:11 AM
your right tony they will meet and think up more crap for us to swallow stick the football where it fits because i will not donate to support their habbit. Im sure the kangaroos are not involved because they have no money to buy anybarry Sunday 10 February, 2013 - 6:11 PM
I would love to see Demetriou the shock person to go out of this........Jillian Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 4:24 PM
at least tony shaw can say the obvious.
of course no afl player or teaam will miss out...
he knows as do most of us, they are all above the law of this land..
all comes down to money eh...greedy sods, the lot of themchris watts Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 3:48 PM
@Jake, well now we know that Andrew (and I believe the heads of other codes) has been gagged by ASADA and they are running the show. So we are all going to have to wait till ASADA find it convenient to tell us if our club is involved. This enquiry has potentially caused permanent damage to all codes in Australia by not revealing teams and players involved.Willow Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 11:30 AM