- Man arrested after police chase
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- Blockbuster Easter to kickstart 2015
- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted This is a most distressing case, but we cannot allow ourselves to get to a point where people are above being questioned. ... more
- Tess on Why Rosie Batty erupted Two parents both love the children equally it's not one parents right to say they love(d) their child more than the other! ... more
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
Tony Shaw: 'Not one AFL player will miss a game'
Former Collingwood Captain Tony Shaw doesn't believe a single AFL player will miss a match as a result of the drug scandal that has rocked Australian sport.
Shaw has lashed out at the investigation, saying it is a case of political 'grandstanding'.
"Grandstanding no doubt. The politicians. Like one politician said 'We will catch you. This is it. Do not go down that track. You will pay a price," Shaw told Neil Mitchell.
"I don't think any players will miss a game through this.
"There is no way known that the AFL would rub out 25 players from 1 club. They will plead ignorance, they will get a slap of the hand," he said.
Tony Shaw is a very naive man, if found 'Guilty' Essendon players will be suspended and at best can expect 6 months out of the game. Ian Robson is done as CEO and James Hird will never coach again. Welcome to the real world Tony Shaw. The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
Tony Shaw has no idea how this will unfold and implode the Essendon Football Club.GlennF Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 3:59 PM
essendon should be found guilty..players should be banned....james hird should be sacked for allowing it to happen..as he says the buck stops with him..as should bomber thompson..no excuses...ken Monday 11 February, 2013 - 11:11 AM
your right tony they will meet and think up more crap for us to swallow stick the football where it fits because i will not donate to support their habbit. Im sure the kangaroos are not involved because they have no money to buy anybarry Sunday 10 February, 2013 - 6:11 PM
I would love to see Demetriou the shock person to go out of this........Jillian Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 4:24 PM
at least tony shaw can say the obvious.
of course no afl player or teaam will miss out...
he knows as do most of us, they are all above the law of this land..
all comes down to money eh...greedy sods, the lot of themchris watts Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 3:48 PM
@Jake, well now we know that Andrew (and I believe the heads of other codes) has been gagged by ASADA and they are running the show. So we are all going to have to wait till ASADA find it convenient to tell us if our club is involved. This enquiry has potentially caused permanent damage to all codes in Australia by not revealing teams and players involved.Willow Saturday 9 February, 2013 - 11:30 AM