- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
Tracey Spicer opens up about 'endemic bullying and sexism'
Journalist Tracey Spicer has written an impassioned letter on behalf of all women in the media industry who have had dealings with misogynist men.
IMAGE: Tracey Spicer at Channel 10.
Tracey says she was originally asked to write the piece as part of the 'Women of Letters' program but it has since gone viral online.
“The title was ‘Write a letter to the moment the light went on’ and suddenly the light did go on for me,”
“I thought I’m sick of being treated like this, I’m going to write a letter on behalf of all the woman in the industry who have been through what I’ve been through” she told Neil Mitchell.
Tracey says she has subjected to an range of insults and abuse throughout her time in the media but admits ‘it was much worse 15-20 years ago’.
‘At the time you kind of laugh along and think ‘Oh well they’re just joking and then over the years you think ‘No... this is actually endemic bullying and sexism and it has to be labelled for what it is’ she said.
About to go on 3AW in Melbourne to talk about sexism in the media. If you have some thoughts, give them a call. #auspol— Tracey Spicer (@spicertracey) October 25, 2012
Hang on a Minute Melissa & I say ti you Tracey you should never have to be subjected tio sexism yiu are doing such a grea jiob. in is nothing to do with being told what to do it is how yiu are treated at work.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 7:34 PM
oh dear not another self-serving victim...er... Tracey, who elected you to speak on behalf of all the women in the industry??? Enquiring minds want to knowEnquiring minds want to know Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 3:04 PM
We should not forget also how bitchy,power happy and downright nasty some women can be.Have I seen the claws come out over the years.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 1:46 PM
To all you cynical skeptics what if your mothers or daughters were subjected to harassment and bullying by a control freak would you react the same way? I will answer No of course not so you are all hypocrites.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 12:54 PM
Tracey, sexism aside, if you don't want to be told what to do, then work for yourself.David Evans Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:20 PM
she obviously got her job due to looks,now she is old job gone.its called reality not misogynisygarry Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:05 PM