- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Tracey Spicer opens up about 'endemic bullying and sexism'
Journalist Tracey Spicer has written an impassioned letter on behalf of all women in the media industry who have had dealings with misogynist men.
IMAGE: Tracey Spicer at Channel 10.
Tracey says she was originally asked to write the piece as part of the 'Women of Letters' program but it has since gone viral online.
“The title was ‘Write a letter to the moment the light went on’ and suddenly the light did go on for me,”
“I thought I’m sick of being treated like this, I’m going to write a letter on behalf of all the woman in the industry who have been through what I’ve been through” she told Neil Mitchell.
Tracey says she has subjected to an range of insults and abuse throughout her time in the media but admits ‘it was much worse 15-20 years ago’.
‘At the time you kind of laugh along and think ‘Oh well they’re just joking and then over the years you think ‘No... this is actually endemic bullying and sexism and it has to be labelled for what it is’ she said.
About to go on 3AW in Melbourne to talk about sexism in the media. If you have some thoughts, give them a call. #auspol— Tracey Spicer (@spicertracey) October 25, 2012
Hang on a Minute Melissa & I say ti you Tracey you should never have to be subjected tio sexism yiu are doing such a grea jiob. in is nothing to do with being told what to do it is how yiu are treated at work.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 7:34 PM
oh dear not another self-serving victim...er... Tracey, who elected you to speak on behalf of all the women in the industry??? Enquiring minds want to knowEnquiring minds want to know Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 3:04 PM
We should not forget also how bitchy,power happy and downright nasty some women can be.Have I seen the claws come out over the years.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 1:46 PM
To all you cynical skeptics what if your mothers or daughters were subjected to harassment and bullying by a control freak would you react the same way? I will answer No of course not so you are all hypocrites.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 12:54 PM
Tracey, sexism aside, if you don't want to be told what to do, then work for yourself.David Evans Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:20 PM
she obviously got her job due to looks,now she is old job gone.its called reality not misogynisygarry Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:05 PM