- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Tracey Spicer opens up about 'endemic bullying and sexism'
Journalist Tracey Spicer has written an impassioned letter on behalf of all women in the media industry who have had dealings with misogynist men.
IMAGE: Tracey Spicer at Channel 10.
Tracey says she was originally asked to write the piece as part of the 'Women of Letters' program but it has since gone viral online.
“The title was ‘Write a letter to the moment the light went on’ and suddenly the light did go on for me,”
“I thought I’m sick of being treated like this, I’m going to write a letter on behalf of all the woman in the industry who have been through what I’ve been through” she told Neil Mitchell.
Tracey says she has subjected to an range of insults and abuse throughout her time in the media but admits ‘it was much worse 15-20 years ago’.
‘At the time you kind of laugh along and think ‘Oh well they’re just joking and then over the years you think ‘No... this is actually endemic bullying and sexism and it has to be labelled for what it is’ she said.
About to go on 3AW in Melbourne to talk about sexism in the media. If you have some thoughts, give them a call. #auspol— Tracey Spicer (@spicertracey) October 25, 2012
Hang on a Minute Melissa & I say ti you Tracey you should never have to be subjected tio sexism yiu are doing such a grea jiob. in is nothing to do with being told what to do it is how yiu are treated at work.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 7:34 PM
oh dear not another self-serving victim...er... Tracey, who elected you to speak on behalf of all the women in the industry??? Enquiring minds want to knowEnquiring minds want to know Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 3:04 PM
We should not forget also how bitchy,power happy and downright nasty some women can be.Have I seen the claws come out over the years.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 1:46 PM
To all you cynical skeptics what if your mothers or daughters were subjected to harassment and bullying by a control freak would you react the same way? I will answer No of course not so you are all hypocrites.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 12:54 PM
Tracey, sexism aside, if you don't want to be told what to do, then work for yourself.David Evans Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:20 PM
she obviously got her job due to looks,now she is old job gone.its called reality not misogynisygarry Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:05 PM