- Terror raids: Hundreds of police swoop in Sydney and Brisbane
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
Tracey Spicer opens up about 'endemic bullying and sexism'
Journalist Tracey Spicer has written an impassioned letter on behalf of all women in the media industry who have had dealings with misogynist men.
IMAGE: Tracey Spicer at Channel 10.
Tracey says she was originally asked to write the piece as part of the 'Women of Letters' program but it has since gone viral online.
“The title was ‘Write a letter to the moment the light went on’ and suddenly the light did go on for me,”
“I thought I’m sick of being treated like this, I’m going to write a letter on behalf of all the woman in the industry who have been through what I’ve been through” she told Neil Mitchell.
Tracey says she has subjected to an range of insults and abuse throughout her time in the media but admits ‘it was much worse 15-20 years ago’.
‘At the time you kind of laugh along and think ‘Oh well they’re just joking and then over the years you think ‘No... this is actually endemic bullying and sexism and it has to be labelled for what it is’ she said.
About to go on 3AW in Melbourne to talk about sexism in the media. If you have some thoughts, give them a call. #auspol— Tracey Spicer (@spicertracey) October 25, 2012
Hang on a Minute Melissa & I say ti you Tracey you should never have to be subjected tio sexism yiu are doing such a grea jiob. in is nothing to do with being told what to do it is how yiu are treated at work.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 7:34 PM
oh dear not another self-serving victim...er... Tracey, who elected you to speak on behalf of all the women in the industry??? Enquiring minds want to knowEnquiring minds want to know Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 3:04 PM
We should not forget also how bitchy,power happy and downright nasty some women can be.Have I seen the claws come out over the years.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 1:46 PM
To all you cynical skeptics what if your mothers or daughters were subjected to harassment and bullying by a control freak would you react the same way? I will answer No of course not so you are all hypocrites.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 12:54 PM
Tracey, sexism aside, if you don't want to be told what to do, then work for yourself.David Evans Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:20 PM
she obviously got her job due to looks,now she is old job gone.its called reality not misogynisygarry Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:05 PM