- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Tracey Spicer opens up about 'endemic bullying and sexism'
Journalist Tracey Spicer has written an impassioned letter on behalf of all women in the media industry who have had dealings with misogynist men.
IMAGE: Tracey Spicer at Channel 10.
Tracey says she was originally asked to write the piece as part of the 'Women of Letters' program but it has since gone viral online.
“The title was ‘Write a letter to the moment the light went on’ and suddenly the light did go on for me,”
“I thought I’m sick of being treated like this, I’m going to write a letter on behalf of all the woman in the industry who have been through what I’ve been through” she told Neil Mitchell.
Tracey says she has subjected to an range of insults and abuse throughout her time in the media but admits ‘it was much worse 15-20 years ago’.
‘At the time you kind of laugh along and think ‘Oh well they’re just joking and then over the years you think ‘No... this is actually endemic bullying and sexism and it has to be labelled for what it is’ she said.
About to go on 3AW in Melbourne to talk about sexism in the media. If you have some thoughts, give them a call. #auspol— Tracey Spicer (@spicertracey) October 25, 2012
Hang on a Minute Melissa & I say ti you Tracey you should never have to be subjected tio sexism yiu are doing such a grea jiob. in is nothing to do with being told what to do it is how yiu are treated at work.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 7:34 PM
oh dear not another self-serving victim...er... Tracey, who elected you to speak on behalf of all the women in the industry??? Enquiring minds want to knowEnquiring minds want to know Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 3:04 PM
We should not forget also how bitchy,power happy and downright nasty some women can be.Have I seen the claws come out over the years.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 1:46 PM
To all you cynical skeptics what if your mothers or daughters were subjected to harassment and bullying by a control freak would you react the same way? I will answer No of course not so you are all hypocrites.poptart Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 12:54 PM
Tracey, sexism aside, if you don't want to be told what to do, then work for yourself.David Evans Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:20 PM
she obviously got her job due to looks,now she is old job gone.its called reality not misogynisygarry Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:05 PM