- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- Girl, 11, flees windowless van
- Woman killed in Cranbourne horse fall
- Burnt body discovered along train tracks
- Man critical after one-car Hampton smash
- Geelong ruckman Dawson Simpson caught drink-driving
- Man found dead in Noble Park
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
- jgl Melb on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? When,not if,he walks out he'll do so in an upright manner.The chip on each shoulder will take care of that. more
Truckie busted nearly four times over the limit
The driver of a B-Double prime mover is facing serious charges after he was caught drink driving in Warragul overnight.
Police were called to the Princes Freeway just after 10 last night after motorists called Triple Zero to report a B-Double prime mover being driven erratically.
Officers intercepted the truck near the Drouin overpass where they witnessed him knock over a number of road signs before coming to a halt.
They breath-tested the 55-year-old driver who allegedly returned a reading of .195.
Acting Sergeant Ellane Clarke from the Warragul Traffic Management Unit says the man could hardly stand.
"I attended out at the scene. He was severely affected by alcohol. He was very slurred in his speech" she told Neil Mitchell.
"He would give no explanation to us at all as to why he's done what he has done,"
"I’m just horrified to see what I saw last night. I can’t believe that someone would get behind a 68-tonne truck and drive at that limit" she said.
The man from Junction Village has had his license suspended.
He's also expected to be charged with offences including reckless conduct endangering a person.
The driver of a B-Double prime mover is facing serious charges after he was caught drink driving on Princes Fwy at Warragul. Blew point 195— Yvette Gray (@yvettegray3AW) November 27, 2012
LISTEN: Acting Sergeant Elaine Clark from the Warrigal Traffic Management Unit speaks with Denis Walter
Drunk driving of 68-tonne truck? my goshRemovalist Perth Friday 14 June, 2013 - 3:02 PM
We dont NEED B DOUBLE ON THE ROADS Why do trucks all ways speed I dont under stand why im told to cut my speed but they can do what they want....marie Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 8:18 PM
No worries - install a Lindsay Fox black box unit - problem solved!
Eh - no it won't!
Funny that...Solmon's Sword Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:22 AM
having been in construction industry i'd like to see the b double driver stripped of his licence for life unless he has a good reason for it. but the sad thing is it mightnt stop him driving on the road.but if he got caught again ,jailBarney Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 9:43 PM
Thank Heaven he was intercepted safely and before he killed anyone. Talk about "Death On Wheels"!David T. Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 1:30 PM
As a driver of a bdouble vehicle I am disgusted by the actions of this person.
This is what we dont need to hear or see.
People who do this make it so much harder for the people who do the right thing.dean roberts Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 1:22 PM