- Policeman in hospital after hit-run ram
- CFMEU's Grocon blockade unlawful: Supreme Court
- AFL footballer's stalker 'hacked Facebook', organised 'orgy'
- Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at Ashwood bottle shop
- Two men charged with eight counts of rape
- Rumour as tweet: NSW Waratahs' embarrassing post
- London: Two more suspects arrested following brutal beheading
- Elderly assault victim passes away
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sneha on High school grades aren't everything im an asian and im a good student, im not amazing but i am usually getting above average scores around 80+. i may be asian ... more
- fay silk on Two men charged with eight counts of ... 1. bring back hanging for rape.2. if these poor women had access to guns and the training to use them then they would be ... more
- fay silk on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Its hard to think how many would come to Gina's funeral and how many thousands will come to Hazel Hawkes! one is a selfish ... more
- fay silk on CFMEU's Grocon blockade unlawful: ... What a surprise! Not. The so called law courts would always rule against workers right to protest organize and withdraw ... more
- sad but so what?! on Hazel Hawke passes away What is she famous for? Being the ex-wife of Bob Hawke. That's it! Why is the media making such a big deal? Is this going to ... more
- Jean on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Words fail me as to how anyone could do such a cowardly and barbaric act to another human being. Its beyond belief that ... more
- sandra on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... intelligence and INTEGRITY thats a bit rich more
- Rich on Teenager stabbed amid armed hold up at ... Not to detract from the fact that the kid is recovering in hospital but why is there a 17 year old working in a liquor store? more
- mylene on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Shouldn't there be some kind of disclosure about how much of Fairfax Ms Rinehart holds? It's the only poll I've ever ready ... more
- Peggy on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Every time I think about this it truly disturbs me. This was so horrible that it's hard to accept that a human can do this. ... more
- Monica on London: Two more suspects arrested ... Tragic story and for what? He died in the name allah to display peace and tolerance. Are we really ready to embrace this? more
- James Shaw on Providing incentive is the key to ... TomYour arrogance these last few weeks has been astounding. Tonight, 23 May, you had the audacity to claim you were not ... more
- geert on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... anyone remember geert wilders in australia 6 months ago i believe he was warning us about exactly this, wake up australia!!! more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Jon Anderson rates the 'Four Kings': ... Hagler is my all time favourite boxer & I tried to copy him when I fought, except I wasn't a southpaw. Ray Leonard was the ... more
- Gazza on Hazel Hawke passes away A legend of the workers for the workers.RIP Hazel........ more
- mandy on Hazel Hawke passes away A strong and talented woman I admired her views. more
- mandy on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... What a disgrace an innocent man slaughtered with the blood dripping from that monsters murderous hands they should have been ... more
- Rob on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... What a weird video. At 17 seconds a lady is walking straight up to him and then it is edited by some one. Then at the end, ... more
- Name & Shame on Elderly man fighting for life, police ... How dare this low life force this elderly couple of the road and ruin what little time they have left on this earth. more
- Not Welcome Here on Terror in London: UK soldier hacked to ... If these murderers and all those who have such a hatred for the country they live in, why not go back to their ... more
Turnbull fed up with 'dumbed down' reporting
LISTEN BELOW: Malcalm Turnbull speaks with Justin Smith
Federal Shadow Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull says Australia needs to keep up with the changing face of news as politicians and broadcasters get away with lying to the public.
On Thursday night he used a speech at the Woodford Folk Festival to accuse the media and politicians of treating Aussies with contempt by dumbing down complex issues into "one-line soundbites".
This morning Mr Turnbull told Justin Smith that while politicians shouldn't get away with lies journalists need to go back to fact-checking instead of being sucked into deadlines.
"I think the members of the public that I speak to or who speak to me are completely fed up and sick to death with one-liners and every political issue being dumbed down into soundbites,"
"The feedback that I get that Australian's recognise our very complex challenges and they expect their leaders to explain them" he said.
LISTEN: Malcolm Turnbull speaks with Justin Smith
Surely he not referring to the herald "mouse",the daily bush pigeon and the courier snail,all noted for changing dates and not printing years on items,even holding and publishing articles from ten years ago.Hell he just may be right!argus.tuffd Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 11:33 AM
Surely he not referring to the herald "mouse",the daily bush pigeon and the courier snail,all noted for changing dates and not printing years on items,even holding and publishing articles from ten years ago.Hell he just may be right!argus.tuffd Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 11:31 AM
Turnbull backed the carbon tax because it was and still is, the right thing to do. Turnbull has shown great integrity and deserves another chance to lead this country.Peter Jeffries Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM
@Willow - of course he is a labor party hack within the liberal party! Wasn't it Wran, then labor party premier of nsw who introduced him at a civic function as "a future premier of nsw" - I well recall!!Samuel Kyrikos Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 6:35 AM
@Willow - of course he is a labor party hack within the liberal party! Wasn't it Wran, then labor party premier of nsw who introduced him at a civic function as "a future premier of nsw" - I well recall!!Samuel Kyrikos Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 6:34 AM
God I hate the Liberal Party - but I'd vote for Turnbull in a heartbeat.Peter Hillster Friday 28 December, 2012 - 6:58 PM