- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
UFO lands in East Malvern?
UPDATE: A caller to Neil Mitchell is 100% sure the East Malvern UFO is a shoe rack storage device.
Nick told listeners you can easily find one on Ebay for $70.
However, if you still think it might be something else, let us know below.
EARLIER: A story in the Stonnington Leader today details the mysterious case of an alleged UFO (Unidentified flying object) landing on the nature strip of East Malvern man, Ron Budge's property.
Neil Mitchell sent Program Reporter Seb Costello to investigate the strange device:
"It looks like a white paddle steam wheel surrounded in clear plastic," Seb told Neil. "I wonder if a few weeks ago when we were all distracted by the Transit of Venus, a certain life form decided to descend on East Malvern."
Ron Budge told Neil many of his neighbours tried to guess what the object is, but to no avail.
"We have not the slightest idea," a baffled Ron said.
Once identified, Ron plans to convert the device into an exercise wheel for his chihuahua, Precious.
IMAGE: Ron Budge, Precious and the bizarre device
DO you know what the object in question is? Leave your comment in the field below.
PLAY: Seb Costello and Ron Budge describe the strange device
IMAGE: (Seb Costello)
this is a shoe tumbler which fits into a clothes dryer so as to dry runners and sand shoes etcjohn cauchi Friday 29 June, 2012 - 6:33 PM
What i find more disturbing is his dog's name is "Precious".
'Silence of the Lambs' anyone? :PBec Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 12:26 AM
ItS the inside of a tumbel dryer well a bit of it anyway. Ufo hahaBen Glossop Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 12:18 AM
I know what it is a its the inside of a tumbel dryer. Thats all. UFO hahaBen Glossop Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 12:15 AM
SHOE RACK Holds 20-30 pairs of shoes. is on ebay for $68.50 and is in Melbourne.Cliff Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 1:11 PM
@ Ben? What the heck? a UFO doesn't necessarily have to be a space craft from the planet Nebulon. Maybe it's a prototype of the Melbourne Eye?doctor moonshine Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 12:37 PM