- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- Government workers cashed in on cosy deals, IBAC hears
- 'Bring them home': Government calls for action
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
UFO lands in East Malvern?
UPDATE: A caller to Neil Mitchell is 100% sure the East Malvern UFO is a shoe rack storage device.
Nick told listeners you can easily find one on Ebay for $70.
However, if you still think it might be something else, let us know below.
EARLIER: A story in the Stonnington Leader today details the mysterious case of an alleged UFO (Unidentified flying object) landing on the nature strip of East Malvern man, Ron Budge's property.
Neil Mitchell sent Program Reporter Seb Costello to investigate the strange device:
"It looks like a white paddle steam wheel surrounded in clear plastic," Seb told Neil. "I wonder if a few weeks ago when we were all distracted by the Transit of Venus, a certain life form decided to descend on East Malvern."
Ron Budge told Neil many of his neighbours tried to guess what the object is, but to no avail.
"We have not the slightest idea," a baffled Ron said.
Once identified, Ron plans to convert the device into an exercise wheel for his chihuahua, Precious.
IMAGE: Ron Budge, Precious and the bizarre device
DO you know what the object in question is? Leave your comment in the field below.
PLAY: Seb Costello and Ron Budge describe the strange device
IMAGE: (Seb Costello)
this is a shoe tumbler which fits into a clothes dryer so as to dry runners and sand shoes etcjohn cauchi Friday 29 June, 2012 - 6:33 PM
What i find more disturbing is his dog's name is "Precious".
'Silence of the Lambs' anyone? :PBec Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 12:26 AM
ItS the inside of a tumbel dryer well a bit of it anyway. Ufo hahaBen Glossop Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 12:18 AM
I know what it is a its the inside of a tumbel dryer. Thats all. UFO hahaBen Glossop Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 12:15 AM
SHOE RACK Holds 20-30 pairs of shoes. is on ebay for $68.50 and is in Melbourne.Cliff Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 1:11 PM
@ Ben? What the heck? a UFO doesn't necessarily have to be a space craft from the planet Nebulon. Maybe it's a prototype of the Melbourne Eye?doctor moonshine Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 12:37 PM