- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Victoria Police advertising on bikie gang website
I just didn’t believe it, but it is 100 per cent true.
I have proof (see below).
Victoria Police, through the state government, and some of Australia’s leading companies like Telstra and Qantas have been financially supporting one of the roughest, most dangerous outlaw motorcycle gangs in the country.
That’s how it seems.
The gang is the Mongols.
They describe themselves as the ‘baddest motorcycle gang in the world’.
LISTEN BELOW: Police union says the 'brand has been trashed'
They describe themselves as ‘one-per centers’.
They are allegedly into money-laundering, robbery, extortion, violent crime and firearms.
They are taking over another gang – the Finks. In Australia, they are recruiting and building.
In South Australia, they have been talking about banning these people from entering the country.
And here in Victoria, the police are supporting them!
This is precisely the type of motorcycle gang the police in three states are targetting with hundreds of raids and tough new laws.
The website promotes their gang and is specifically designed to help support their members in jail - people who, they say, are only there because of police persecution.
One of the ads – as large as life on the website – is directly below the Mongols headline and says “protective services officers - now recruiting”.
Perhaps they want Mongols as PSOs.
Police Minister Kim Wells said it was "embarrassing and totally unacceptable", but blamed the error on Google.
"Google have admitted that they've made the mistake," he told 3AW Mornings.
"This sort of advertising shouldn't happen."
Mr Wells said the advertisements cost one cent per click, equating to about $2 thus far.
"No public money will be paid for this Google stuff-up," he said.
Police Association secretary Greg Davies said it was disappointing the police force's 160-year reputation had been "trashed".
"I think it's very unfortunate," he told 3AW Mornings.
"These things do sometimes happen ... but this is a real shame."
LISTEN: Greg Davies with Neil Mitchell
If the bikies break the law, confiscate their drivers license and make them take public transport !
Maybe they will then start tattooing "Translink" on their foreheads too !bus Sunday 20 October, 2013 - 4:51 PM
There's a 'member's only' site for downloading movies and tv series and the only advertising you ever see is for the State Government.mylene Monday 14 October, 2013 - 12:28 PM
This is what is known as an "epic fail". Being so out of touch, Mr Mitchell would have no idea what that means.Brian Giffin Monday 14 October, 2013 - 12:06 PM
Dear Neil, I think you got this all wrong.
What you are actually seeing is a Google adsense ad on this webpage. From what you said this morning about travelling to Queensland gave it more sense as well. You are wondering why.
I am assuming you booked your flights online, or recently check flights for a trip somewhere. And also you pay your phone bill online, or you use a service other than Telstra. What happens when you do that is that those websites leaves what you called cookies on your computer. You probably visited a government website as well recently.
The way these ads work is by targeting previous sites you have visited. It grabs the information from your cookies downloaded on your computer and tells the ad that you were looking at flights, visiting government pages, and looking at a phone service page. Once the ad grabs your cookies, it will show you advertisements to what you previously visited or interested in.
Also there is a marketing technique called "retargeting" for example, if you were looking at flights with Qantas, but didn't purchase anything. The cookies will tell the ad that, and Qantas has set their ads to re-targeting you.
This is all internet marketing, it has nothing to do with those companies or Victoria police, and I believe you owe then an apology. Clear your cache and cookies from all your web browsers from the settings on your browser and look at the page again. I can guarantee you that you will see something different.
This is something you cannot control, unless you PERSONALLY set your browser not to except cookies.
So in simple terms... you put the ad there. not Victoria police. Problem Solved... Know your facts!Will Borland Monday 14 October, 2013 - 10:11 AM
Talk about being blown out of proportion NEIL MITCHELL ! When I heard you announce this at 0837 this morning, I thought it was actually something worth listening to. We then find out that its just a simple error, not deliberately made by anyone. For gods sake, report 'real' facts.Matt Monday 14 October, 2013 - 9:12 AM