- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- Government workers cashed in on cosy deals, IBAC hears
- 'Bring them home': Government calls for action
- Man killed in Burrumbuttock plane crash
- Police take unsual step in train assault case
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
Victorian teachers to strike on February 14
Teachers in state schools will strike for 24-hours just two weeks after the start of the new school year.
They will walk out on Thursday February 14 over the Baillieu Government's failure to negotiate a pay deal despite the teacher's union lowering its demands 5 weeks ago.
Teachers Union state president Mary Bluett says she's bitterly disappointed for teachers, students and parents.
NICK MCCALLUM TRANSCRIPT:
A short time ago Teachers announced it’s rolling on - They’re escalating their fight with the state government over pay.
They’ll strike on February 14 next year and will refuse to work more than a 38 hour week from term one.
That means that the school camps so many kids look forward to will not go ahead.
The teachers have modified their claim to a 12% rise over three years.
The State Government has not responded to that claim and won’t even meet with the teachers.
It’s being pig headed and intransigent.
Mr Baillieu got himself into this pickle in the first place by claiming he’d make our teachers the best paid in Australia.
He should personally intervene, get in a room with the teachers and sort it out.
Our kids futures are at stake.
garry, you are nearly as big a bulls**t artist as mylene. Go suck up to your union bosses but keep the kids out of it, there is no way they will fully understand why they are being let down by their teachers. Bet you didn't condemn Juliar for backing down on her "there will be no carbon tax under my leadership". Yes, teach your kids to rely on unions backing them all their lives and good luck when they turn out to be idiots like you!.GIW Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:28 PM
my daughters were upset when they heard that teachers were not going to write any comments on their reports this year.they work very hard for good marks and enjoy encouraging comments.however after explaining teds actions(lies)the girls are happy to forget the comments and support their teachers.im sure most award earning would...garry Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 7:34 PM
take a 2 month summer break then go on strike, then you get a two week fall break, get a real job cindarellasfrank robb Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 4:50 PM
Then I am not paying school fees. Stop making it about money, and make it about the job, which is to teach our children, not teach them how to stop work because they don't get their own way.
I support pay conditions for teachers. I do not support them not writing comments on reports or making our children miss out! Do your job, that you are employed to do. I will not be paying school fees.Kylee Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Still holding us all to ransom, eh Bluett! Kids just starting school, not yet yet settled in and teachers go on strike. Great message to our children by the feral Unions. Go on admit it, you are not prepared to negotiate UNLESS it is under YOUR terms but that is nothing new with Unions and that is why our manufacturing industry is in ruins. We are all angry that you are holding our children, against their will, as hostages and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. (Interesting, my Security Code to post this comment is FRBFKU, gotta luv that).Not a Fair Fight Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
They wouldn't dare to protest during there holidays, get back to work, & stop your winging, you should be thankful you have a job.janetp Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:57 AM