- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- New way to snap naughty drivers
- Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain over Easter
- We will build the airport link: Napthine
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Victorian teachers to strike on February 14
Teachers in state schools will strike for 24-hours just two weeks after the start of the new school year.
They will walk out on Thursday February 14 over the Baillieu Government's failure to negotiate a pay deal despite the teacher's union lowering its demands 5 weeks ago.
Teachers Union state president Mary Bluett says she's bitterly disappointed for teachers, students and parents.
NICK MCCALLUM TRANSCRIPT:
A short time ago Teachers announced it’s rolling on - They’re escalating their fight with the state government over pay.
They’ll strike on February 14 next year and will refuse to work more than a 38 hour week from term one.
That means that the school camps so many kids look forward to will not go ahead.
The teachers have modified their claim to a 12% rise over three years.
The State Government has not responded to that claim and won’t even meet with the teachers.
It’s being pig headed and intransigent.
Mr Baillieu got himself into this pickle in the first place by claiming he’d make our teachers the best paid in Australia.
He should personally intervene, get in a room with the teachers and sort it out.
Our kids futures are at stake.
garry, you are nearly as big a bulls**t artist as mylene. Go suck up to your union bosses but keep the kids out of it, there is no way they will fully understand why they are being let down by their teachers. Bet you didn't condemn Juliar for backing down on her "there will be no carbon tax under my leadership". Yes, teach your kids to rely on unions backing them all their lives and good luck when they turn out to be idiots like you!.GIW Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:28 PM
my daughters were upset when they heard that teachers were not going to write any comments on their reports this year.they work very hard for good marks and enjoy encouraging comments.however after explaining teds actions(lies)the girls are happy to forget the comments and support their teachers.im sure most award earning would...garry Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 7:34 PM
take a 2 month summer break then go on strike, then you get a two week fall break, get a real job cindarellasfrank robb Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 4:50 PM
Then I am not paying school fees. Stop making it about money, and make it about the job, which is to teach our children, not teach them how to stop work because they don't get their own way.
I support pay conditions for teachers. I do not support them not writing comments on reports or making our children miss out! Do your job, that you are employed to do. I will not be paying school fees.Kylee Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Still holding us all to ransom, eh Bluett! Kids just starting school, not yet yet settled in and teachers go on strike. Great message to our children by the feral Unions. Go on admit it, you are not prepared to negotiate UNLESS it is under YOUR terms but that is nothing new with Unions and that is why our manufacturing industry is in ruins. We are all angry that you are holding our children, against their will, as hostages and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. (Interesting, my Security Code to post this comment is FRBFKU, gotta luv that).Not a Fair Fight Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
They wouldn't dare to protest during there holidays, get back to work, & stop your winging, you should be thankful you have a job.janetp Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:57 AM