- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Victorian teachers to strike on February 14
Teachers in state schools will strike for 24-hours just two weeks after the start of the new school year.
They will walk out on Thursday February 14 over the Baillieu Government's failure to negotiate a pay deal despite the teacher's union lowering its demands 5 weeks ago.
Teachers Union state president Mary Bluett says she's bitterly disappointed for teachers, students and parents.
NICK MCCALLUM TRANSCRIPT:
A short time ago Teachers announced it’s rolling on - They’re escalating their fight with the state government over pay.
They’ll strike on February 14 next year and will refuse to work more than a 38 hour week from term one.
That means that the school camps so many kids look forward to will not go ahead.
The teachers have modified their claim to a 12% rise over three years.
The State Government has not responded to that claim and won’t even meet with the teachers.
It’s being pig headed and intransigent.
Mr Baillieu got himself into this pickle in the first place by claiming he’d make our teachers the best paid in Australia.
He should personally intervene, get in a room with the teachers and sort it out.
Our kids futures are at stake.
garry, you are nearly as big a bulls**t artist as mylene. Go suck up to your union bosses but keep the kids out of it, there is no way they will fully understand why they are being let down by their teachers. Bet you didn't condemn Juliar for backing down on her "there will be no carbon tax under my leadership". Yes, teach your kids to rely on unions backing them all their lives and good luck when they turn out to be idiots like you!.GIW Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:28 PM
my daughters were upset when they heard that teachers were not going to write any comments on their reports this year.they work very hard for good marks and enjoy encouraging comments.however after explaining teds actions(lies)the girls are happy to forget the comments and support their teachers.im sure most award earning would...garry Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 7:34 PM
take a 2 month summer break then go on strike, then you get a two week fall break, get a real job cindarellasfrank robb Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 4:50 PM
Then I am not paying school fees. Stop making it about money, and make it about the job, which is to teach our children, not teach them how to stop work because they don't get their own way.
I support pay conditions for teachers. I do not support them not writing comments on reports or making our children miss out! Do your job, that you are employed to do. I will not be paying school fees.Kylee Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Still holding us all to ransom, eh Bluett! Kids just starting school, not yet yet settled in and teachers go on strike. Great message to our children by the feral Unions. Go on admit it, you are not prepared to negotiate UNLESS it is under YOUR terms but that is nothing new with Unions and that is why our manufacturing industry is in ruins. We are all angry that you are holding our children, against their will, as hostages and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. (Interesting, my Security Code to post this comment is FRBFKU, gotta luv that).Not a Fair Fight Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
They wouldn't dare to protest during there holidays, get back to work, & stop your winging, you should be thankful you have a job.janetp Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:57 AM