- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Victorian teachers to strike on February 14
Teachers in state schools will strike for 24-hours just two weeks after the start of the new school year.
They will walk out on Thursday February 14 over the Baillieu Government's failure to negotiate a pay deal despite the teacher's union lowering its demands 5 weeks ago.
Teachers Union state president Mary Bluett says she's bitterly disappointed for teachers, students and parents.
NICK MCCALLUM TRANSCRIPT:
A short time ago Teachers announced it’s rolling on - They’re escalating their fight with the state government over pay.
They’ll strike on February 14 next year and will refuse to work more than a 38 hour week from term one.
That means that the school camps so many kids look forward to will not go ahead.
The teachers have modified their claim to a 12% rise over three years.
The State Government has not responded to that claim and won’t even meet with the teachers.
It’s being pig headed and intransigent.
Mr Baillieu got himself into this pickle in the first place by claiming he’d make our teachers the best paid in Australia.
He should personally intervene, get in a room with the teachers and sort it out.
Our kids futures are at stake.
garry, you are nearly as big a bulls**t artist as mylene. Go suck up to your union bosses but keep the kids out of it, there is no way they will fully understand why they are being let down by their teachers. Bet you didn't condemn Juliar for backing down on her "there will be no carbon tax under my leadership". Yes, teach your kids to rely on unions backing them all their lives and good luck when they turn out to be idiots like you!.GIW Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:28 PM
my daughters were upset when they heard that teachers were not going to write any comments on their reports this year.they work very hard for good marks and enjoy encouraging comments.however after explaining teds actions(lies)the girls are happy to forget the comments and support their teachers.im sure most award earning would...garry Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 7:34 PM
take a 2 month summer break then go on strike, then you get a two week fall break, get a real job cindarellasfrank robb Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 4:50 PM
Then I am not paying school fees. Stop making it about money, and make it about the job, which is to teach our children, not teach them how to stop work because they don't get their own way.
I support pay conditions for teachers. I do not support them not writing comments on reports or making our children miss out! Do your job, that you are employed to do. I will not be paying school fees.Kylee Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Still holding us all to ransom, eh Bluett! Kids just starting school, not yet yet settled in and teachers go on strike. Great message to our children by the feral Unions. Go on admit it, you are not prepared to negotiate UNLESS it is under YOUR terms but that is nothing new with Unions and that is why our manufacturing industry is in ruins. We are all angry that you are holding our children, against their will, as hostages and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. (Interesting, my Security Code to post this comment is FRBFKU, gotta luv that).Not a Fair Fight Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
They wouldn't dare to protest during there holidays, get back to work, & stop your winging, you should be thankful you have a job.janetp Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:57 AM