- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Victorian teachers to strike on February 14
Teachers in state schools will strike for 24-hours just two weeks after the start of the new school year.
They will walk out on Thursday February 14 over the Baillieu Government's failure to negotiate a pay deal despite the teacher's union lowering its demands 5 weeks ago.
Teachers Union state president Mary Bluett says she's bitterly disappointed for teachers, students and parents.
NICK MCCALLUM TRANSCRIPT:
A short time ago Teachers announced it’s rolling on - They’re escalating their fight with the state government over pay.
They’ll strike on February 14 next year and will refuse to work more than a 38 hour week from term one.
That means that the school camps so many kids look forward to will not go ahead.
The teachers have modified their claim to a 12% rise over three years.
The State Government has not responded to that claim and won’t even meet with the teachers.
It’s being pig headed and intransigent.
Mr Baillieu got himself into this pickle in the first place by claiming he’d make our teachers the best paid in Australia.
He should personally intervene, get in a room with the teachers and sort it out.
Our kids futures are at stake.
garry, you are nearly as big a bulls**t artist as mylene. Go suck up to your union bosses but keep the kids out of it, there is no way they will fully understand why they are being let down by their teachers. Bet you didn't condemn Juliar for backing down on her "there will be no carbon tax under my leadership". Yes, teach your kids to rely on unions backing them all their lives and good luck when they turn out to be idiots like you!.GIW Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:28 PM
my daughters were upset when they heard that teachers were not going to write any comments on their reports this year.they work very hard for good marks and enjoy encouraging comments.however after explaining teds actions(lies)the girls are happy to forget the comments and support their teachers.im sure most award earning would...garry Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 7:34 PM
take a 2 month summer break then go on strike, then you get a two week fall break, get a real job cindarellasfrank robb Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 4:50 PM
Then I am not paying school fees. Stop making it about money, and make it about the job, which is to teach our children, not teach them how to stop work because they don't get their own way.
I support pay conditions for teachers. I do not support them not writing comments on reports or making our children miss out! Do your job, that you are employed to do. I will not be paying school fees.Kylee Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 12:27 PM
Still holding us all to ransom, eh Bluett! Kids just starting school, not yet yet settled in and teachers go on strike. Great message to our children by the feral Unions. Go on admit it, you are not prepared to negotiate UNLESS it is under YOUR terms but that is nothing new with Unions and that is why our manufacturing industry is in ruins. We are all angry that you are holding our children, against their will, as hostages and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. (Interesting, my Security Code to post this comment is FRBFKU, gotta luv that).Not a Fair Fight Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 10:23 AM
They wouldn't dare to protest during there holidays, get back to work, & stop your winging, you should be thankful you have a job.janetp Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:57 AM