- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Victoria's 'booziest' sporting day revealed
A new study has revealed that Melbourne Cup day is the ‘booziest day’ on the Victorian Sporting Calender.
VicHealth, Eastern Health and Turning Point analysed data from ambulance, emergency departments, police and traffic accidents taken between 2000 and 2009.
They concluded that Cup Day is the worst for alcohol intoxication and assaults, with the AFL Grand Final a close second.
Dr Belinda Lloyd from the Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre told Ross and John there are a number of reasons why Melbourne Cup Day takes out the top spot in the study.
"I think that there a few things happening, we certainly have a culture of drinking and drunkenness associated with that particular event,"
"Combing that with the public holiday it certainly appears to be a time that people don’t necessarily think about the consequences of their actions, and unfortunately there can be come really serious outcomes" she said.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will be interesting to see how many elegantly dressed females in their killer heels get pissed off their faces and make big idiots of themselves. Then they get carted off to hossy and take a bed from someone who is really ill.GIW Saturday 3 November, 2012 - 11:44 AM
Dan, you forgot bastard petrol companies put up their petrol before long weekends (its just gone up to $1.50 per litre)Jane Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 5:34 PM
Like Dave said, I just can't believe that people actually get paid to come up with garbage like this. How can I get a job analysing data? I'll tell you what, I'll give you some of mine for free.
People tend to stay up late on new years eve.
People tend to eat a lot of chocolate on Easter Sunday.
The traffic is always a nightmare on the Thursday before Good Friday.
People tend to go shopping for presents at Christmas time.
There's never enough grand final tickets.
Politicians tend to go overseas to warmer climates during our winter.
People who live in poor neighbourhoods tend to eat more takeaway food.
There are more poker machines in poor neighbourhoods than in affluent ones.
Now, how much have I saved the government by telling them this?
And thank you 3AW for keeping us informed of all the really important news that we can't live without.Dan from Wheelers Hill Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 3:12 PM
as usual , 3AW is on top of the world news.. highly intelligent , informative articles..Who needs The Guardian or AlJazeera when you have your own , aussie made , legend , best in the best country in the world 3AW .bruce smith Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 1:13 PM
Its all about look at moi syndrome with the 20 yr old male and female bracket they really have no idea how stupid they look when they get drunk and disorderly Kath and Kim definately had it right with that one.poptart Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 11:53 AM
Really.. wow how much were these people payed to find this result... I could have told them that and I would have only charged them a slab.David Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 8:28 AM