- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
Victoria's 'booziest' sporting day revealed
A new study has revealed that Melbourne Cup day is the ‘booziest day’ on the Victorian Sporting Calender.
VicHealth, Eastern Health and Turning Point analysed data from ambulance, emergency departments, police and traffic accidents taken between 2000 and 2009.
They concluded that Cup Day is the worst for alcohol intoxication and assaults, with the AFL Grand Final a close second.
Dr Belinda Lloyd from the Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre told Ross and John there are a number of reasons why Melbourne Cup Day takes out the top spot in the study.
"I think that there a few things happening, we certainly have a culture of drinking and drunkenness associated with that particular event,"
"Combing that with the public holiday it certainly appears to be a time that people don’t necessarily think about the consequences of their actions, and unfortunately there can be come really serious outcomes" she said.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will be interesting to see how many elegantly dressed females in their killer heels get pissed off their faces and make big idiots of themselves. Then they get carted off to hossy and take a bed from someone who is really ill.GIW Saturday 3 November, 2012 - 11:44 AM
Dan, you forgot bastard petrol companies put up their petrol before long weekends (its just gone up to $1.50 per litre)Jane Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 5:34 PM
Like Dave said, I just can't believe that people actually get paid to come up with garbage like this. How can I get a job analysing data? I'll tell you what, I'll give you some of mine for free.
People tend to stay up late on new years eve.
People tend to eat a lot of chocolate on Easter Sunday.
The traffic is always a nightmare on the Thursday before Good Friday.
People tend to go shopping for presents at Christmas time.
There's never enough grand final tickets.
Politicians tend to go overseas to warmer climates during our winter.
People who live in poor neighbourhoods tend to eat more takeaway food.
There are more poker machines in poor neighbourhoods than in affluent ones.
Now, how much have I saved the government by telling them this?
And thank you 3AW for keeping us informed of all the really important news that we can't live without.Dan from Wheelers Hill Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 3:12 PM
as usual , 3AW is on top of the world news.. highly intelligent , informative articles..Who needs The Guardian or AlJazeera when you have your own , aussie made , legend , best in the best country in the world 3AW .bruce smith Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 1:13 PM
Its all about look at moi syndrome with the 20 yr old male and female bracket they really have no idea how stupid they look when they get drunk and disorderly Kath and Kim definately had it right with that one.poptart Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 11:53 AM
Really.. wow how much were these people payed to find this result... I could have told them that and I would have only charged them a slab.David Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 8:28 AM