- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Victoria's 'booziest' sporting day revealed
A new study has revealed that Melbourne Cup day is the ‘booziest day’ on the Victorian Sporting Calender.
VicHealth, Eastern Health and Turning Point analysed data from ambulance, emergency departments, police and traffic accidents taken between 2000 and 2009.
They concluded that Cup Day is the worst for alcohol intoxication and assaults, with the AFL Grand Final a close second.
Dr Belinda Lloyd from the Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre told Ross and John there are a number of reasons why Melbourne Cup Day takes out the top spot in the study.
"I think that there a few things happening, we certainly have a culture of drinking and drunkenness associated with that particular event,"
"Combing that with the public holiday it certainly appears to be a time that people don’t necessarily think about the consequences of their actions, and unfortunately there can be come really serious outcomes" she said.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will be interesting to see how many elegantly dressed females in their killer heels get pissed off their faces and make big idiots of themselves. Then they get carted off to hossy and take a bed from someone who is really ill.GIW Saturday 3 November, 2012 - 11:44 AM
Dan, you forgot bastard petrol companies put up their petrol before long weekends (its just gone up to $1.50 per litre)Jane Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 5:34 PM
Like Dave said, I just can't believe that people actually get paid to come up with garbage like this. How can I get a job analysing data? I'll tell you what, I'll give you some of mine for free.
People tend to stay up late on new years eve.
People tend to eat a lot of chocolate on Easter Sunday.
The traffic is always a nightmare on the Thursday before Good Friday.
People tend to go shopping for presents at Christmas time.
There's never enough grand final tickets.
Politicians tend to go overseas to warmer climates during our winter.
People who live in poor neighbourhoods tend to eat more takeaway food.
There are more poker machines in poor neighbourhoods than in affluent ones.
Now, how much have I saved the government by telling them this?
And thank you 3AW for keeping us informed of all the really important news that we can't live without.Dan from Wheelers Hill Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 3:12 PM
as usual , 3AW is on top of the world news.. highly intelligent , informative articles..Who needs The Guardian or AlJazeera when you have your own , aussie made , legend , best in the best country in the world 3AW .bruce smith Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 1:13 PM
Its all about look at moi syndrome with the 20 yr old male and female bracket they really have no idea how stupid they look when they get drunk and disorderly Kath and Kim definately had it right with that one.poptart Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 11:53 AM
Really.. wow how much were these people payed to find this result... I could have told them that and I would have only charged them a slab.David Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 8:28 AM