- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- Blockbuster Easter to kickstart 2015
- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Victoria's 'booziest' sporting day revealed
A new study has revealed that Melbourne Cup day is the ‘booziest day’ on the Victorian Sporting Calender.
VicHealth, Eastern Health and Turning Point analysed data from ambulance, emergency departments, police and traffic accidents taken between 2000 and 2009.
They concluded that Cup Day is the worst for alcohol intoxication and assaults, with the AFL Grand Final a close second.
Dr Belinda Lloyd from the Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre told Ross and John there are a number of reasons why Melbourne Cup Day takes out the top spot in the study.
"I think that there a few things happening, we certainly have a culture of drinking and drunkenness associated with that particular event,"
"Combing that with the public holiday it certainly appears to be a time that people don’t necessarily think about the consequences of their actions, and unfortunately there can be come really serious outcomes" she said.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will be interesting to see how many elegantly dressed females in their killer heels get pissed off their faces and make big idiots of themselves. Then they get carted off to hossy and take a bed from someone who is really ill.GIW Saturday 3 November, 2012 - 11:44 AM
Dan, you forgot bastard petrol companies put up their petrol before long weekends (its just gone up to $1.50 per litre)Jane Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 5:34 PM
Like Dave said, I just can't believe that people actually get paid to come up with garbage like this. How can I get a job analysing data? I'll tell you what, I'll give you some of mine for free.
People tend to stay up late on new years eve.
People tend to eat a lot of chocolate on Easter Sunday.
The traffic is always a nightmare on the Thursday before Good Friday.
People tend to go shopping for presents at Christmas time.
There's never enough grand final tickets.
Politicians tend to go overseas to warmer climates during our winter.
People who live in poor neighbourhoods tend to eat more takeaway food.
There are more poker machines in poor neighbourhoods than in affluent ones.
Now, how much have I saved the government by telling them this?
And thank you 3AW for keeping us informed of all the really important news that we can't live without.Dan from Wheelers Hill Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 3:12 PM
as usual , 3AW is on top of the world news.. highly intelligent , informative articles..Who needs The Guardian or AlJazeera when you have your own , aussie made , legend , best in the best country in the world 3AW .bruce smith Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 1:13 PM
Its all about look at moi syndrome with the 20 yr old male and female bracket they really have no idea how stupid they look when they get drunk and disorderly Kath and Kim definately had it right with that one.poptart Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 11:53 AM
Really.. wow how much were these people payed to find this result... I could have told them that and I would have only charged them a slab.David Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 8:28 AM