- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Victoria's 'booziest' sporting day revealed
A new study has revealed that Melbourne Cup day is the ‘booziest day’ on the Victorian Sporting Calender.
VicHealth, Eastern Health and Turning Point analysed data from ambulance, emergency departments, police and traffic accidents taken between 2000 and 2009.
They concluded that Cup Day is the worst for alcohol intoxication and assaults, with the AFL Grand Final a close second.
Dr Belinda Lloyd from the Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre told Ross and John there are a number of reasons why Melbourne Cup Day takes out the top spot in the study.
"I think that there a few things happening, we certainly have a culture of drinking and drunkenness associated with that particular event,"
"Combing that with the public holiday it certainly appears to be a time that people don’t necessarily think about the consequences of their actions, and unfortunately there can be come really serious outcomes" she said.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will be interesting to see how many elegantly dressed females in their killer heels get pissed off their faces and make big idiots of themselves. Then they get carted off to hossy and take a bed from someone who is really ill.GIW Saturday 3 November, 2012 - 11:44 AM
Dan, you forgot bastard petrol companies put up their petrol before long weekends (its just gone up to $1.50 per litre)Jane Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 5:34 PM
Like Dave said, I just can't believe that people actually get paid to come up with garbage like this. How can I get a job analysing data? I'll tell you what, I'll give you some of mine for free.
People tend to stay up late on new years eve.
People tend to eat a lot of chocolate on Easter Sunday.
The traffic is always a nightmare on the Thursday before Good Friday.
People tend to go shopping for presents at Christmas time.
There's never enough grand final tickets.
Politicians tend to go overseas to warmer climates during our winter.
People who live in poor neighbourhoods tend to eat more takeaway food.
There are more poker machines in poor neighbourhoods than in affluent ones.
Now, how much have I saved the government by telling them this?
And thank you 3AW for keeping us informed of all the really important news that we can't live without.Dan from Wheelers Hill Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 3:12 PM
as usual , 3AW is on top of the world news.. highly intelligent , informative articles..Who needs The Guardian or AlJazeera when you have your own , aussie made , legend , best in the best country in the world 3AW .bruce smith Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 1:13 PM
Its all about look at moi syndrome with the 20 yr old male and female bracket they really have no idea how stupid they look when they get drunk and disorderly Kath and Kim definately had it right with that one.poptart Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 11:53 AM
Really.. wow how much were these people payed to find this result... I could have told them that and I would have only charged them a slab.David Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 8:28 AM