- Mum killer was on parole for rape
- Parolee killer jailed for life
- Corcoran wants out of Essendon
- Apollo theatre ceiling collapses
- Two murder charges over Wayne Amey death
- Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett
- Ashes theft: 'They steal your memories'
- Protests: East-West drilling begins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bushiepete on Parolee killer jailed for life justice hollingworth thank you you got this right.. more
- jgl Melb on Parolee killer jailed for life It appears the community outrage at ridiculously lenient sentencing is at last being heard. more
- Christine on Protests: East-West drilling begins So let's do a poll on how many tax payers are happy about the time police are spending at this site. If you're not dole ... more
- Logic on Protests: East-West drilling begins Carol. The fact that most people do not want the tunnel was confirmed by last month's Neilsen poll. That's where the 74% ... more
- Jan Lannan on Corcoran wants out of Essendon So another 1 has left the sinking ship so much 4 staying 2gether thru thick & thin when Carlton we down we all stuck thru ... more
- Lisa on Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett We never got a hand-out in years gone past. We saved to have our Children. What is the Country coming to, just throw out ... more
- mandy on Donna, Mandy to be excused What a bunch of low life losers that poor child never stood a chance its a shame child protection authorities here don't do ... more
- mandy on Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett I couldn't agree with Jeff more scrap the paid parental leave and sort out important priorities. more
- Samuel J on Protester, 60, claims she was 'punched ... Rosie got what she deserved. Law and order must prevail in this country. The police were doing their job. more
- Logic on Protests: East-West drilling begins Can we please have the Doncaster rail that was promised instead? No protests, nobody forced from their home, jobs created, ... more
- ian on Protests: East-West drilling begins Bring the water cannons in. more
- Pradman on Ashes theft: 'They steal your memories' '...other valuable items'? more
- PJ on 'Haters will hate': Tim Wilson He's not a socialist do the Lefties have filled his Twitter full of tweets of hate.And then this from the President of the ... more
- Willow on Abbott must renege on promises: Kennett I am a Liberal devotee but if I was to turn against Mr Abbott it would be the Paid Parental Scheme that would do it. ... more
- Justin on Protests: East-West drilling begins I wonder how Stephen Mayne's union colleagues feel about him protesting against long term infrastructure works for ... more
- Peggy on Donna, Mandy to be excused It doens't make sense why these women are excused when there reason to believe this poor child was tortured.Who are they ... more
- Carol on Protests: East-West drilling begins Yeh right... Kate.. 74% dont want it???.. I would count again, seems more WANT it than dont from the people I speak to... ... more
- Dee on Protests: East-West drilling begins Measuring the support of protesters by how many "likes" a Facebook page gets? Bahahahaha Do these people live in the real ... more
- Justin on Protests: East-West drilling begins I was involved in the protest against the North South Pipeline. The ALP at the time and the inner city latte set labelled us ... more
- Linda on Protests: East-West drilling begins @ Mandy. My husband has attended many protest, including the McDonalds protest in Tecoma. It is the aim of protesters to get ... more
Victoria's crime rate on the rise again
The Victorian crime rate has increased again, with police saying it's due in large part to increased reporting of family violence.
Overall crime went up nearly 8 per cent last year compared to the year before.
Family violence offences increased by almost 40 per cent, drug offences were up 17 per cent and there was a 15 per cent jump in assaults.
The statistics compare the 12 months to December 2012 with the 12 months to December 2011.
Police Minister Peter Ryan maintains Victoria is a safe place to live despite the increase and rejects claims the government's law and order policies aren't working.
"Across the spectrum of things we are doing all we can as a government to address this. The police of course, they have many more police out there" he told 3AW News.
"Detected crime is driving a lot of this so we are seeing what we are seeing but the government if intent on its course" he said.
DEER PARK: Detectives from Keilor Downs Embona are appealing for public assistance following an armed robbery at a service station in Deer Park. The man approached the counter, produced a knife and made a demand for cash.
Gee, this subject is certainly bringing some worms out of the wood.David T. Friday 1 March, 2013 - 6:02 PM
Bye bye ted.....Gazza Friday 1 March, 2013 - 2:19 PM
If I am not mistaken coppers have been campaigning for more wages than means something is missing somewhere. Their job? what job?rob Friday 1 March, 2013 - 12:21 PM
Naa, not real. Just ask Tony LeG. In fact coppers sent him on holidays and pretend he is taking little bit longer to get back.Kirk Friday 1 March, 2013 - 12:08 PM
So to anticrime Friday 1 March, 2013 - 8:47 AM; given there hasn't been any reports of the data collection methodology being changed one can only assume the same misreporting is continuing?
Or that it never existed in the first place.
And if it does exist why did your wife do it? Doesn't that means she supports misreporting?PH Friday 1 March, 2013 - 11:22 AM
Simple solution More Speed camera's to boost the revenue pot to catch all those criminals doing 3 kph over the limit on our freeways. ( oh I forgot these speed camera's are in black spot areas only)Harry Brown Friday 1 March, 2013 - 8:50 AM