- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
'Wake up, is this a game?'
A car travelling on the wrong side of the road has led to a crash claiming the lives of five people in Lara at the weekend.
Victoria Police believe a car carrying one female was driving on the wrong side of the Princes Freeway near Avalon Road, when it collided with a Melbourne-bound car just after 1:00am on Saturday morning.
The sole female, and two males and two females from the other car, all died at the scene.
Geelong Journalist Jacinta Bolling was one of the first arrivals at the scene and said she witnessed the driver of the overloaded crashed car plead with his passengers to "stop playing" as they lay dead in the mangled wreckage.
"The driver who was behind the wheel started shouting and screaming," Ms Bolling told Neil Mitchell.
"He was saying to them 'Guys wake up, is this a game? I don't want to play any more this isn't funny, I just want to stop playing this game'."
Jacinta considers herself lucky she and her husband weren't involved in the crash.
"That could have been us. It was so eerie.
"We're just counting our lucky stars actually," she said.
Two other males passengers were seriously injured and were transported to The Alfred Hospital. One was airlifted in a critical condition.
Flowers are placed on Princes Highway. Photo: Joseph Feil
Anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the vehicle on the Freeway prior to the collision is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
Chris I am entitled to my opinion and I will stick with it and don't tell me to be careful about what I write you idiot!mandy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:45 PM
some people have good opinions some bad we should'nt be blaming people on what they done or how unlucky other's where we should be looking at how this happened and how we can not make this happen again i'm sure the police don't want to see this sort of carnage on our roads and i have seen a car crash like this before and that was the worst thing ive seen in my life so normal people driving there cars don't want to come accross that carnage on our roads if goverments where really wanting to do something slow the cars down for starters make it harder to get licence make us go back to sit exam every 5 yearsdarrin Monday 10 December, 2012 - 10:03 PM
Mandy - you're an idiot
of course people should say RIP - do you not want them to REST IN PEACE ?????
I understand what you're saying but think before you type next time, if their friends and family read your comment they would be disgusted.Chris Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:17 PM
It makes me so dam angry and frustrated that these innocent people were killed due to this stupid moron and also what annoys me is people saying RIP its not at all appropriate when someone has been violently killed in a car crash there's nothing peaceful about that let's get real.mandy Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:27 PM
So allegedly drove for 25 km on the wrong side of the road? Yet nothing done to stop this driver during this time. where was the highway patrol police? More importantly why didn't the speed cameras do something? After all they save lives and slow drivers down! Wake up oz until we can admit that we have a bad culture, bad driver behaviour together with a drug and alcohol problem in society nothing will change. Lives will be lost whilst the cash still rolls in! Shall we buy some more cameras Mr BailleuMighty mick Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:44 PM
No this is not a game, it is a car accident. People don't respawn in real life, and you cannot restart this game. Because of your criminal negligence, those passengers are now dead. Congradulations.
As an important side note: It is common for people to fall unconcious after a crash. When this happens the head can slump forward and block the wind pipe. YOU SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY TILTED THEIR HEADS BACK SO THEY CAN BREATHE. They may not have died from the impact. But instead died because you didn't know what to do in an emergency!Benjamin Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:08 PM