- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City
- Senior cop calls for young drivers to stay on P-Plate up to age of 25
- Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay marriage
- Man deliberately struck in shocking hit-run
- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
- jgl Melb on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... Despite any and all efforts to the contrary, an idiot,especially those of the arrogant genre,will never be educated. more
- Peggy on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... What a pity that the person witnessing this did not take note of the rego.What sort of a low life would do this? Cowards ... more
- Paddy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... I can just hear the Judge seeking guidance from the Chief Judge how "ugly" might be determined and after much back and forth ... more
- Willow on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Hang on here, believe it was a friend who sent this to the NRL Footy Sshow. Perhaps the family should be pointing their ire ... more
- Mal on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... That what happens when you put photo's on facebook, it a public forum and anybody who puts anything on it deserves the ... more
- Aria Judilla on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Poor kid has no hope in life anyway - his parents watch the footy show. more
- Robert Rich on Cleveland's Charles Ramsey Songified God Bless You Man more
- linda on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... This is poo TV at its best more
- steve on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... We need a train to go to the airport but city link gets looked after very well wake up victoria more
- Frank on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... TRUCKS GOING THROUGH TRAIN CROSSINGS WHILE THE BOOM GATES ARE DOWN TRUCKS ARE ALLWAYS IN RUSH.. PETROL TANKERS ROLLING OVER ... more
- wayne on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To David 17 may - people have got the a right to make a comment dont call peoples comment stupid..I belive a normal Train ... more
- Mark on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... I wish all us truck drivers get some balls and just stop driving for a week and then you would see all these pathetic ... more
'Wake up, is this a game?'
A car travelling on the wrong side of the road has led to a crash claiming the lives of five people in Lara at the weekend.
Victoria Police believe a car carrying one female was driving on the wrong side of the Princes Freeway near Avalon Road, when it collided with a Melbourne-bound car just after 1:00am on Saturday morning.
The sole female, and two males and two females from the other car, all died at the scene.
Geelong Journalist Jacinta Bolling was one of the first arrivals at the scene and said she witnessed the driver of the overloaded crashed car plead with his passengers to "stop playing" as they lay dead in the mangled wreckage.
"The driver who was behind the wheel started shouting and screaming," Ms Bolling told Neil Mitchell.
"He was saying to them 'Guys wake up, is this a game? I don't want to play any more this isn't funny, I just want to stop playing this game'."
Jacinta considers herself lucky she and her husband weren't involved in the crash.
"That could have been us. It was so eerie.
"We're just counting our lucky stars actually," she said.
Two other males passengers were seriously injured and were transported to The Alfred Hospital. One was airlifted in a critical condition.
Flowers are placed on Princes Highway. Photo: Joseph Feil
Anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the vehicle on the Freeway prior to the collision is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
Chris I am entitled to my opinion and I will stick with it and don't tell me to be careful about what I write you idiot!mandy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:45 PM
some people have good opinions some bad we should'nt be blaming people on what they done or how unlucky other's where we should be looking at how this happened and how we can not make this happen again i'm sure the police don't want to see this sort of carnage on our roads and i have seen a car crash like this before and that was the worst thing ive seen in my life so normal people driving there cars don't want to come accross that carnage on our roads if goverments where really wanting to do something slow the cars down for starters make it harder to get licence make us go back to sit exam every 5 yearsdarrin Monday 10 December, 2012 - 10:03 PM
Mandy - you're an idiot
of course people should say RIP - do you not want them to REST IN PEACE ?????
I understand what you're saying but think before you type next time, if their friends and family read your comment they would be disgusted.Chris Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:17 PM
It makes me so dam angry and frustrated that these innocent people were killed due to this stupid moron and also what annoys me is people saying RIP its not at all appropriate when someone has been violently killed in a car crash there's nothing peaceful about that let's get real.mandy Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:27 PM
So allegedly drove for 25 km on the wrong side of the road? Yet nothing done to stop this driver during this time. where was the highway patrol police? More importantly why didn't the speed cameras do something? After all they save lives and slow drivers down! Wake up oz until we can admit that we have a bad culture, bad driver behaviour together with a drug and alcohol problem in society nothing will change. Lives will be lost whilst the cash still rolls in! Shall we buy some more cameras Mr BailleuMighty mick Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:44 PM
No this is not a game, it is a car accident. People don't respawn in real life, and you cannot restart this game. Because of your criminal negligence, those passengers are now dead. Congradulations.
As an important side note: It is common for people to fall unconcious after a crash. When this happens the head can slump forward and block the wind pipe. YOU SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY TILTED THEIR HEADS BACK SO THEY CAN BREATHE. They may not have died from the impact. But instead died because you didn't know what to do in an emergency!Benjamin Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:08 PM