- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- Postal pong leaves workers ill
- Armed bandit flees with Sunbury United cash
- Man fights for life after Dandenong car crash
- Police hunt injured thief
- Two arrested after Glenroy gunshots
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
'Wake up, is this a game?'
A car travelling on the wrong side of the road has led to a crash claiming the lives of five people in Lara at the weekend.
Victoria Police believe a car carrying one female was driving on the wrong side of the Princes Freeway near Avalon Road, when it collided with a Melbourne-bound car just after 1:00am on Saturday morning.
The sole female, and two males and two females from the other car, all died at the scene.
Geelong Journalist Jacinta Bolling was one of the first arrivals at the scene and said she witnessed the driver of the overloaded crashed car plead with his passengers to "stop playing" as they lay dead in the mangled wreckage.
"The driver who was behind the wheel started shouting and screaming," Ms Bolling told Neil Mitchell.
"He was saying to them 'Guys wake up, is this a game? I don't want to play any more this isn't funny, I just want to stop playing this game'."
Jacinta considers herself lucky she and her husband weren't involved in the crash.
"That could have been us. It was so eerie.
"We're just counting our lucky stars actually," she said.
Two other males passengers were seriously injured and were transported to The Alfred Hospital. One was airlifted in a critical condition.
Flowers are placed on Princes Highway. Photo: Joseph Feil
Anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the vehicle on the Freeway prior to the collision is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.
Chris I am entitled to my opinion and I will stick with it and don't tell me to be careful about what I write you idiot!mandy Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 1:45 PM
some people have good opinions some bad we should'nt be blaming people on what they done or how unlucky other's where we should be looking at how this happened and how we can not make this happen again i'm sure the police don't want to see this sort of carnage on our roads and i have seen a car crash like this before and that was the worst thing ive seen in my life so normal people driving there cars don't want to come accross that carnage on our roads if goverments where really wanting to do something slow the cars down for starters make it harder to get licence make us go back to sit exam every 5 yearsdarrin Monday 10 December, 2012 - 10:03 PM
Mandy - you're an idiot
of course people should say RIP - do you not want them to REST IN PEACE ?????
I understand what you're saying but think before you type next time, if their friends and family read your comment they would be disgusted.Chris Monday 10 December, 2012 - 7:17 PM
It makes me so dam angry and frustrated that these innocent people were killed due to this stupid moron and also what annoys me is people saying RIP its not at all appropriate when someone has been violently killed in a car crash there's nothing peaceful about that let's get real.mandy Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:27 PM
So allegedly drove for 25 km on the wrong side of the road? Yet nothing done to stop this driver during this time. where was the highway patrol police? More importantly why didn't the speed cameras do something? After all they save lives and slow drivers down! Wake up oz until we can admit that we have a bad culture, bad driver behaviour together with a drug and alcohol problem in society nothing will change. Lives will be lost whilst the cash still rolls in! Shall we buy some more cameras Mr BailleuMighty mick Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:44 PM
No this is not a game, it is a car accident. People don't respawn in real life, and you cannot restart this game. Because of your criminal negligence, those passengers are now dead. Congradulations.
As an important side note: It is common for people to fall unconcious after a crash. When this happens the head can slump forward and block the wind pipe. YOU SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY TILTED THEIR HEADS BACK SO THEY CAN BREATHE. They may not have died from the impact. But instead died because you didn't know what to do in an emergency!Benjamin Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:08 PM