- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Hunt on for Sunshine stabber
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- New way to snap naughty drivers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
We must admit to racism?
Renowned brain surgeon Charlie Teo says Australian is the best country in the world but must admit it has a problem with racism.
Teo, who is the son of Chinese immigrants and will deliver the Australia Day address this year, says even his daughters have been the victim of racial abuse.
But he adds immigrants who come here need to be "respectful".
Doctor Mukesh Haikerwal, who himself recieved an Australia Day honour, says the prevalence of racism here has diminished overtime but it's still a problem.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell speaks to Charlie Teo - have your say
he is right i have been affected by racism and i have to say it's not rightDESTINY Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:13 AM
REascisam isn and melissa & i think we should do all we can to stamp it out at ever turn.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORNIA & FERNTREE Saturday 24 March, 2012 - 9:05 AM
Why are people taking such offense? If you are not racist, then be happy that someone is calling on the racists to take account of their actions and attitudes. You know they still exist out there!!! If you ARE racist then you cannot blame the man whose daughter has often missed out on a "fair go" for telling you he doesnt like that. Maybe you are someone who sits on the fence and just 'tolerates' other ethnicities??? The message for you is to take a chance to embrace instead of merely tolerate...Martin Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 6:19 AM
I am upset to hear that Charlie Teo intends to use the Australia Day Speech to point out to us that "racism exists"in Australia. Wouldn't it be great if we as a nation, came together to celebrate what a wonderful country we all live in, this country that his parents chose to travel to, a country where he has excelled in his chosen profession, a country that has given him the wonderful opportunity to be selected as Australian of the Year. He has fought his battles as I witnessed on a 60 minutes story, and also I remember all the wonderful support he received from the public even though members in the medical area where arguing with his ideas. I have lived in the Middle East for 12 years, and now travel back and forth from my wonderful Melbourne. I believe that Australians should hear what a wonderful country Australia is, highlight all the many positives that can be shared. Let us use this Australia Day to celebrate our goodness.jeannine burton Monday 23 January, 2012 - 9:57 PM
Again it is Australia Day, exactly a year after the last one. Another list of those who have been awarded honours for work, which, their mates, who have standing in the community have attributed to them. I think it is a time to reflect, from the politician, Governor, professional, tradesman to the student, on what you have done to earn your place in society. Is it luck that you are where you are, or is the result of daily effort on your part? Are you worth your salary, are you worth your keep? If it is luck, then you owe it to those whom you serve to increase your efforts to justify your existence, not to mention your pay.Azinnia Saturday 21 January, 2012 - 10:01 PM
I only tolerate migrants because the Govt. says I must.
These people say Australia is backward because we originated from convict stock, hell we have sure built a terrific country free from war that this lot run to for freedom - sure hate us for that!
As for naturalisation, you cannot change your nationality, you are what you are born, show me a migrant who says they are Australian - they say they are Italian, Greek, Vietnamese then add Australian - what the???
They are not to be trusted with the safety of this country.Faye Saturday 21 January, 2012 - 8:28 AM