- Girls charged over sickening brawl
- Obama has the last laugh
- Man found dead in Pakenham street
- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
We must admit to racism?
Renowned brain surgeon Charlie Teo says Australian is the best country in the world but must admit it has a problem with racism.
Teo, who is the son of Chinese immigrants and will deliver the Australia Day address this year, says even his daughters have been the victim of racial abuse.
But he adds immigrants who come here need to be "respectful".
Doctor Mukesh Haikerwal, who himself recieved an Australia Day honour, says the prevalence of racism here has diminished overtime but it's still a problem.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell speaks to Charlie Teo - have your say
he is right i have been affected by racism and i have to say it's not rightDESTINY Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:13 AM
REascisam isn and melissa & i think we should do all we can to stamp it out at ever turn.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORNIA & FERNTREE Saturday 24 March, 2012 - 9:05 AM
Why are people taking such offense? If you are not racist, then be happy that someone is calling on the racists to take account of their actions and attitudes. You know they still exist out there!!! If you ARE racist then you cannot blame the man whose daughter has often missed out on a "fair go" for telling you he doesnt like that. Maybe you are someone who sits on the fence and just 'tolerates' other ethnicities??? The message for you is to take a chance to embrace instead of merely tolerate...Martin Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 6:19 AM
I am upset to hear that Charlie Teo intends to use the Australia Day Speech to point out to us that "racism exists"in Australia. Wouldn't it be great if we as a nation, came together to celebrate what a wonderful country we all live in, this country that his parents chose to travel to, a country where he has excelled in his chosen profession, a country that has given him the wonderful opportunity to be selected as Australian of the Year. He has fought his battles as I witnessed on a 60 minutes story, and also I remember all the wonderful support he received from the public even though members in the medical area where arguing with his ideas. I have lived in the Middle East for 12 years, and now travel back and forth from my wonderful Melbourne. I believe that Australians should hear what a wonderful country Australia is, highlight all the many positives that can be shared. Let us use this Australia Day to celebrate our goodness.jeannine burton Monday 23 January, 2012 - 9:57 PM
Again it is Australia Day, exactly a year after the last one. Another list of those who have been awarded honours for work, which, their mates, who have standing in the community have attributed to them. I think it is a time to reflect, from the politician, Governor, professional, tradesman to the student, on what you have done to earn your place in society. Is it luck that you are where you are, or is the result of daily effort on your part? Are you worth your salary, are you worth your keep? If it is luck, then you owe it to those whom you serve to increase your efforts to justify your existence, not to mention your pay.Azinnia Saturday 21 January, 2012 - 10:01 PM
I only tolerate migrants because the Govt. says I must.
These people say Australia is backward because we originated from convict stock, hell we have sure built a terrific country free from war that this lot run to for freedom - sure hate us for that!
As for naturalisation, you cannot change your nationality, you are what you are born, show me a migrant who says they are Australian - they say they are Italian, Greek, Vietnamese then add Australian - what the???
They are not to be trusted with the safety of this country.Faye Saturday 21 January, 2012 - 8:28 AM