- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- Woman badly burned in shocking Ardeer assault
- Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow
- Man arrested after home invasion
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
We must admit to racism?
Renowned brain surgeon Charlie Teo says Australian is the best country in the world but must admit it has a problem with racism.
Teo, who is the son of Chinese immigrants and will deliver the Australia Day address this year, says even his daughters have been the victim of racial abuse.
But he adds immigrants who come here need to be "respectful".
Doctor Mukesh Haikerwal, who himself recieved an Australia Day honour, says the prevalence of racism here has diminished overtime but it's still a problem.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell speaks to Charlie Teo - have your say
he is right i have been affected by racism and i have to say it's not rightDESTINY Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:13 AM
REascisam isn and melissa & i think we should do all we can to stamp it out at ever turn.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORNIA & FERNTREE Saturday 24 March, 2012 - 9:05 AM
Why are people taking such offense? If you are not racist, then be happy that someone is calling on the racists to take account of their actions and attitudes. You know they still exist out there!!! If you ARE racist then you cannot blame the man whose daughter has often missed out on a "fair go" for telling you he doesnt like that. Maybe you are someone who sits on the fence and just 'tolerates' other ethnicities??? The message for you is to take a chance to embrace instead of merely tolerate...Martin Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 6:19 AM
I am upset to hear that Charlie Teo intends to use the Australia Day Speech to point out to us that "racism exists"in Australia. Wouldn't it be great if we as a nation, came together to celebrate what a wonderful country we all live in, this country that his parents chose to travel to, a country where he has excelled in his chosen profession, a country that has given him the wonderful opportunity to be selected as Australian of the Year. He has fought his battles as I witnessed on a 60 minutes story, and also I remember all the wonderful support he received from the public even though members in the medical area where arguing with his ideas. I have lived in the Middle East for 12 years, and now travel back and forth from my wonderful Melbourne. I believe that Australians should hear what a wonderful country Australia is, highlight all the many positives that can be shared. Let us use this Australia Day to celebrate our goodness.jeannine burton Monday 23 January, 2012 - 9:57 PM
Again it is Australia Day, exactly a year after the last one. Another list of those who have been awarded honours for work, which, their mates, who have standing in the community have attributed to them. I think it is a time to reflect, from the politician, Governor, professional, tradesman to the student, on what you have done to earn your place in society. Is it luck that you are where you are, or is the result of daily effort on your part? Are you worth your salary, are you worth your keep? If it is luck, then you owe it to those whom you serve to increase your efforts to justify your existence, not to mention your pay.Azinnia Saturday 21 January, 2012 - 10:01 PM
I only tolerate migrants because the Govt. says I must.
These people say Australia is backward because we originated from convict stock, hell we have sure built a terrific country free from war that this lot run to for freedom - sure hate us for that!
As for naturalisation, you cannot change your nationality, you are what you are born, show me a migrant who says they are Australian - they say they are Italian, Greek, Vietnamese then add Australian - what the???
They are not to be trusted with the safety of this country.Faye Saturday 21 January, 2012 - 8:28 AM