- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
When the war is over?
Prime Minister Julia Gillard confirms the bulk of Australian troops will return home from Afghanistan earlier than expected.
Local Afghan troops will begin to take over from Austrailan forces in the Uruzgan Province later this year. The process is expected to take up to eighteen months to complete.
Former Australian diplomat Bruce Haigh told 3AW Breakfast that the decision is a significant one that is likely to have been made "in the last 24 hours".
"They will be doing it because the Americans are going to do. America can't afford to stay there any longer," Bruce Haigh said.
"The war is a failure, or the occupation of Afghanistan is a failure, so people want to pull out. I mean they don't want to take any more casualties. Especially with Obama running into an election" he said.
LISTEN BELOW: Former Australian diplomat Bruce Haigh speaks with Ross and John
Defence Minister Stephen Smith has maintained on ABC's Four Corners program that the fight in Afghanistan isn't in vain, despite a former Military Commander saying the war shouldn't have come at a human cost.
LISTEN: Former Australian diplomat Bruce Haigh who has worked in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Gillard, will use this for her own interest at the next election>!Steve Thursday 19 April, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Gillard is going to use this as a political vote for the election next year, and so is Obama, and more of our brave men will die or injured
for this inhuman so called Lady..Peter Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 4:21 PM
Afghanistanâ??s leadership is not too dissimilar to ours.
Both regimes are drunk with power and completely corrupt.
Australia now have a socialist government as corrupt as any in any 3rd world hell hole & are unable to do anything as they line their pockets & set us up for depression or recession.
We are having a very hard time unseating a very corrupt govt here & when we try to make out feelings known are dismissed as people of no consequence or incontinence.
How can the disparate tribes fight the Saudi or Iranian backed Taliban against forced marriage, theocracy, oppression of women, illiterate girls & reject the Islamic fundamentalism of the Taliban?
The Afghan Diasporas should return and help clean up their country instead of agitating to change our country into the one they supposedly fled from.
Every Afghan man in Australia should be returned to their country to serve in their army until such time the Taliban are defeated.
Why should the cowardly males of Afghanistan be allow to run away from their country & live the good life in Australia, 99% of them on Welfare payments, while we send troops to defend their wives and families?
The people do NOT need to see or hear Juliar endlessly droning on about bringing our boys home with typical LIEbor spin.
No ONE in Australia seriously thinks that JuLIARS move to withdraw Australian troops early from Afghanistan OR attend the Gallipoli ANZAC service is anything but political.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 4:35 PM
Nobody ever wins a war, and we have lost so many beautiful men and boys - for what? Bring them home now!Pam B Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 4:19 PM
War = Tax so its about time and what a joke this war wascol Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 11:02 AM
Very sad, when you consider the Americans and Australians are doing this for electoral gain.the serial pest Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 10:20 AM