- Two murdered with kids in the house
- One killed in South Yarra apartment fire
- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Graeme on Myki confusion forces closure of ... One big mistake the Libs did when they got into power....not scrap this crap system and return to the old one. If it isn't ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad The Bulldogs also new a new song and no more a silly cheer squad yelling Woof woof it is so stupid....the doggies are ..it. more
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
When the war is over?
Prime Minister Julia Gillard confirms the bulk of Australian troops will return home from Afghanistan earlier than expected.
Local Afghan troops will begin to take over from Austrailan forces in the Uruzgan Province later this year. The process is expected to take up to eighteen months to complete.
Former Australian diplomat Bruce Haigh told 3AW Breakfast that the decision is a significant one that is likely to have been made "in the last 24 hours".
"They will be doing it because the Americans are going to do. America can't afford to stay there any longer," Bruce Haigh said.
"The war is a failure, or the occupation of Afghanistan is a failure, so people want to pull out. I mean they don't want to take any more casualties. Especially with Obama running into an election" he said.
LISTEN BELOW: Former Australian diplomat Bruce Haigh speaks with Ross and John
Defence Minister Stephen Smith has maintained on ABC's Four Corners program that the fight in Afghanistan isn't in vain, despite a former Military Commander saying the war shouldn't have come at a human cost.
LISTEN: Former Australian diplomat Bruce Haigh who has worked in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Gillard, will use this for her own interest at the next election>!Steve Thursday 19 April, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Gillard is going to use this as a political vote for the election next year, and so is Obama, and more of our brave men will die or injured
for this inhuman so called Lady..Peter Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 4:21 PM
Afghanistanâ??s leadership is not too dissimilar to ours.
Both regimes are drunk with power and completely corrupt.
Australia now have a socialist government as corrupt as any in any 3rd world hell hole & are unable to do anything as they line their pockets & set us up for depression or recession.
We are having a very hard time unseating a very corrupt govt here & when we try to make out feelings known are dismissed as people of no consequence or incontinence.
How can the disparate tribes fight the Saudi or Iranian backed Taliban against forced marriage, theocracy, oppression of women, illiterate girls & reject the Islamic fundamentalism of the Taliban?
The Afghan Diasporas should return and help clean up their country instead of agitating to change our country into the one they supposedly fled from.
Every Afghan man in Australia should be returned to their country to serve in their army until such time the Taliban are defeated.
Why should the cowardly males of Afghanistan be allow to run away from their country & live the good life in Australia, 99% of them on Welfare payments, while we send troops to defend their wives and families?
The people do NOT need to see or hear Juliar endlessly droning on about bringing our boys home with typical LIEbor spin.
No ONE in Australia seriously thinks that JuLIARS move to withdraw Australian troops early from Afghanistan OR attend the Gallipoli ANZAC service is anything but political.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 4:35 PM
Nobody ever wins a war, and we have lost so many beautiful men and boys - for what? Bring them home now!Pam B Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 4:19 PM
War = Tax so its about time and what a joke this war wascol Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 11:02 AM
Very sad, when you consider the Americans and Australians are doing this for electoral gain.the serial pest Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 10:20 AM