- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Workers warned not to take a 'sickie'
Workers seeking a five day weekend are being warned not to take a "sickie" today with employers expected to demand evidence of their employee's health.
The Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry says employers can expect to have to show a doctors certificate.
Manager of Workplace Relations Policy Alexandra Marriott says the number of sick days taken always increases around public holidays.
"We always see a spike in 'sickies' on around public holidays and Christmas is no exception to that,"
"A lot of business are encouraging staff to take today as annual leave and putting policies in place to make sure they are not unfairly impacted by workers taking 'sickies' today" she told 3AW News.
@Katrina, you are getting paid double.
You get paid for the day and then you get paid for a day off because you worked on a public holiday. That's getting paid twice, that's getting paid double because you are still getting a day off.
I am not saying you shouldn't. Just saying you are.
When we choose careers we know the hours expected of us and so we should accept that. Someone has to work on public holidays and I think those people should be compensated for it. Getting another day off because you had to work on a public holiday is ok by me.Peggy Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Even the parking officers had the day off. There were cars parked all the way up the clearway in Sydney Rd. :Pmylene Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 12:18 AM
Look at the moaners'comments re 16yrs with no day off.Tell us mona who chose the job/occupation ehh!your dad your mum- and Mona wants a perfect world with no trouble.Perhaps she will get to see her kids in court on the wrong side of the dock, and learn robots only exist in cartoons.Your choice well paid mona"What do want a medal for being employed .You must be gen fat x WITH THE I AM GOD MINDSET,please look at me!too full of what job she is doing or else too well paid Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Michael, At least you live in the "REAL"world. Not like "MYLENE".IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:36 PM
No certicate ??"SUFFER" Oh-Oh.? half the Doctors are on the Take.?IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:33 PM
I working on Reception at a church admin centre. And boy, is it quiet.
Merry Christmas everyone.Debs Monday 24 December, 2012 - 1:23 PM