- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Workers warned not to take a 'sickie'
Workers seeking a five day weekend are being warned not to take a "sickie" today with employers expected to demand evidence of their employee's health.
The Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry says employers can expect to have to show a doctors certificate.
Manager of Workplace Relations Policy Alexandra Marriott says the number of sick days taken always increases around public holidays.
"We always see a spike in 'sickies' on around public holidays and Christmas is no exception to that,"
"A lot of business are encouraging staff to take today as annual leave and putting policies in place to make sure they are not unfairly impacted by workers taking 'sickies' today" she told 3AW News.
@Katrina, you are getting paid double.
You get paid for the day and then you get paid for a day off because you worked on a public holiday. That's getting paid twice, that's getting paid double because you are still getting a day off.
I am not saying you shouldn't. Just saying you are.
When we choose careers we know the hours expected of us and so we should accept that. Someone has to work on public holidays and I think those people should be compensated for it. Getting another day off because you had to work on a public holiday is ok by me.Peggy Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Even the parking officers had the day off. There were cars parked all the way up the clearway in Sydney Rd. :Pmylene Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 12:18 AM
Look at the moaners'comments re 16yrs with no day off.Tell us mona who chose the job/occupation ehh!your dad your mum- and Mona wants a perfect world with no trouble.Perhaps she will get to see her kids in court on the wrong side of the dock, and learn robots only exist in cartoons.Your choice well paid mona"What do want a medal for being employed .You must be gen fat x WITH THE I AM GOD MINDSET,please look at me!too full of what job she is doing or else too well paid Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Michael, At least you live in the "REAL"world. Not like "MYLENE".IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:36 PM
No certicate ??"SUFFER" Oh-Oh.? half the Doctors are on the Take.?IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:33 PM
I working on Reception at a church admin centre. And boy, is it quiet.
Merry Christmas everyone.Debs Monday 24 December, 2012 - 1:23 PM