- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- Marathon hero, hamburger lover
- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
Workers warned not to take a 'sickie'
Workers seeking a five day weekend are being warned not to take a "sickie" today with employers expected to demand evidence of their employee's health.
The Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry says employers can expect to have to show a doctors certificate.
Manager of Workplace Relations Policy Alexandra Marriott says the number of sick days taken always increases around public holidays.
"We always see a spike in 'sickies' on around public holidays and Christmas is no exception to that,"
"A lot of business are encouraging staff to take today as annual leave and putting policies in place to make sure they are not unfairly impacted by workers taking 'sickies' today" she told 3AW News.
@Katrina, you are getting paid double.
You get paid for the day and then you get paid for a day off because you worked on a public holiday. That's getting paid twice, that's getting paid double because you are still getting a day off.
I am not saying you shouldn't. Just saying you are.
When we choose careers we know the hours expected of us and so we should accept that. Someone has to work on public holidays and I think those people should be compensated for it. Getting another day off because you had to work on a public holiday is ok by me.Peggy Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Even the parking officers had the day off. There were cars parked all the way up the clearway in Sydney Rd. :Pmylene Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 12:18 AM
Look at the moaners'comments re 16yrs with no day off.Tell us mona who chose the job/occupation ehh!your dad your mum- and Mona wants a perfect world with no trouble.Perhaps she will get to see her kids in court on the wrong side of the dock, and learn robots only exist in cartoons.Your choice well paid mona"What do want a medal for being employed .You must be gen fat x WITH THE I AM GOD MINDSET,please look at me!too full of what job she is doing or else too well paid Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Michael, At least you live in the "REAL"world. Not like "MYLENE".IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:36 PM
No certicate ??"SUFFER" Oh-Oh.? half the Doctors are on the Take.?IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:33 PM
I working on Reception at a church admin centre. And boy, is it quiet.
Merry Christmas everyone.Debs Monday 24 December, 2012 - 1:23 PM