- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Workers warned not to take a 'sickie'
Workers seeking a five day weekend are being warned not to take a "sickie" today with employers expected to demand evidence of their employee's health.
The Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry says employers can expect to have to show a doctors certificate.
Manager of Workplace Relations Policy Alexandra Marriott says the number of sick days taken always increases around public holidays.
"We always see a spike in 'sickies' on around public holidays and Christmas is no exception to that,"
"A lot of business are encouraging staff to take today as annual leave and putting policies in place to make sure they are not unfairly impacted by workers taking 'sickies' today" she told 3AW News.
@Katrina, you are getting paid double.
You get paid for the day and then you get paid for a day off because you worked on a public holiday. That's getting paid twice, that's getting paid double because you are still getting a day off.
I am not saying you shouldn't. Just saying you are.
When we choose careers we know the hours expected of us and so we should accept that. Someone has to work on public holidays and I think those people should be compensated for it. Getting another day off because you had to work on a public holiday is ok by me.Peggy Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Even the parking officers had the day off. There were cars parked all the way up the clearway in Sydney Rd. :Pmylene Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 12:18 AM
Look at the moaners'comments re 16yrs with no day off.Tell us mona who chose the job/occupation ehh!your dad your mum- and Mona wants a perfect world with no trouble.Perhaps she will get to see her kids in court on the wrong side of the dock, and learn robots only exist in cartoons.Your choice well paid mona"What do want a medal for being employed .You must be gen fat x WITH THE I AM GOD MINDSET,please look at me!too full of what job she is doing or else too well paid Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Michael, At least you live in the "REAL"world. Not like "MYLENE".IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:36 PM
No certicate ??"SUFFER" Oh-Oh.? half the Doctors are on the Take.?IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:33 PM
I working on Reception at a church admin centre. And boy, is it quiet.
Merry Christmas everyone.Debs Monday 24 December, 2012 - 1:23 PM