- Woman, 73, stabbed in violent break-in
- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City
- Senior cop calls for young drivers to stay on P-Plate up to age of 25
- Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay marriage
- Man deliberately struck in shocking hit-run
- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
- stuart on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Why not increase P plate age by 1 year every second year and closely monitor accident results. Evidenced based rules/law ... more
- Joseph Richmond on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... So, why a big Deal? Ugly is still ugly, right? more
- Harry Brown on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Question is was the baby Ugly or not?If it was then what's the fuss? more
- bushiepete on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... wow most nsw rugby players are ugly and have no necks i guess the babys the same ?? dident see it at least i will sleep ... more
- Jan on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... I probably only watch a couple of hours of TV in a week now, programming is absolute garbage, I loathe every so called ... more
- Sinbad on Narre Warren homes damaged after Ford ... Dg, it was widely reported in numerous media outlets that the victims were "known to police". 1 + 1 usually equals 2 mate! more
- mandy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The parents need to have a go at whoever sent it and why and JAMES it was the NRL it has nothing to do with channel 9 Melb ... more
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
Workers warned not to take a 'sickie'
Workers seeking a five day weekend are being warned not to take a "sickie" today with employers expected to demand evidence of their employee's health.
The Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry says employers can expect to have to show a doctors certificate.
Manager of Workplace Relations Policy Alexandra Marriott says the number of sick days taken always increases around public holidays.
"We always see a spike in 'sickies' on around public holidays and Christmas is no exception to that,"
"A lot of business are encouraging staff to take today as annual leave and putting policies in place to make sure they are not unfairly impacted by workers taking 'sickies' today" she told 3AW News.
@Katrina, you are getting paid double.
You get paid for the day and then you get paid for a day off because you worked on a public holiday. That's getting paid twice, that's getting paid double because you are still getting a day off.
I am not saying you shouldn't. Just saying you are.
When we choose careers we know the hours expected of us and so we should accept that. Someone has to work on public holidays and I think those people should be compensated for it. Getting another day off because you had to work on a public holiday is ok by me.Peggy Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 10:49 AM
Even the parking officers had the day off. There were cars parked all the way up the clearway in Sydney Rd. :Pmylene Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 12:18 AM
Look at the moaners'comments re 16yrs with no day off.Tell us mona who chose the job/occupation ehh!your dad your mum- and Mona wants a perfect world with no trouble.Perhaps she will get to see her kids in court on the wrong side of the dock, and learn robots only exist in cartoons.Your choice well paid mona"What do want a medal for being employed .You must be gen fat x WITH THE I AM GOD MINDSET,please look at me!too full of what job she is doing or else too well paid Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:14 PM
Michael, At least you live in the "REAL"world. Not like "MYLENE".IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:36 PM
No certicate ??"SUFFER" Oh-Oh.? half the Doctors are on the Take.?IAN Monday 24 December, 2012 - 3:33 PM
I working on Reception at a church admin centre. And boy, is it quiet.
Merry Christmas everyone.Debs Monday 24 December, 2012 - 1:23 PM