- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Young boys in Royal Children's after apparent murder-suicide attempt
A 49-year-old man is in a critical condition in Hobart hospital after an apparent murder-suicide attempt.
Police said it appeared the Burnie man piled gas cylinders and accelerant under a car before climbing inside with his two young sons and setting the vehicle alight.
Neighbours managed to drag the trio from the car after the gas cylinders exploded.
The boys, aged 5 and 8, suffered severe burns and have been flown to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital for treatment. Acting Detective Inspector Stuart Wilkinson says it's a very disturbing case.
For help and information about depression contact Lifeline, 131 114, or www.lifeline.org.au; beyondblue, 1300 224 636, or www.beyondblue.org.au.
How does AW get away with allowing people to comment on the guilt / innocence of people involved in matters that may before a court?
Because its in Tassie?
AW spend a lot of time policing other media outlets, perhaps should start inside your Spencer St Palace.Not one of the media elite Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
Does it get any more horrific than this?Lukew Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:05 PM
Absolutely dreadful. I suppose this father will use the usual defence that he was not in his right mind when he did this. Bulls**t there is no defence for anyone who attempts to take his/her childrens' lives and because of the way he went about it there was definate planning it was not spontaneous, he should be tried for attempted murder and receive the full penalty that goes with it. We wait with bated breath 'cos that just won't happen the courts are too lenient in their sentencing of this sort of crime.GIW Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
why do people feel they need to drag their children down with themLisa Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:34 AM