- Two men charged with eight counts of rape
- Rumour as tweet: NSW Waratahs' embarrassing post
- London: Two more suspects arrested following brutal beheading
- Elderly assault victim passes away
- Witness appeal following CBD hit-run
- Hazel Hawke passes away
- Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: Forbes
- Jon Anderson rates the 'Four Kings': Duran, Hagler, Hearns & Leonard
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Hazel Hawke passes away A strong and talented woman I admired her views. more
- Joybells on Hazel Hawke passes away Hazel Hawke was such a lady, well respected and loved & will be greatly missed.She truly was a gr8 Australian. more
- Anita Elkington on Hazel Hawke passes away A truly beautiful wonderful woman , so sad , more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Get real, she doesn't even like her own children, what sort of woman is that??? Money over your own kids, that is evil. more
- Schtang on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Gina Rinehart is only powerful due to her money - Julia Gillard is powerful due to her intelligence & integrity. more
- Tim Whiteside on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Hi Guys, I've been listening to the ABC for a lifetime but really had enough of Red Symonds who ,so self-obsessed ... more
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
Young boys in Royal Children's after apparent murder-suicide attempt
A 49-year-old man is in a critical condition in Hobart hospital after an apparent murder-suicide attempt.
Police said it appeared the Burnie man piled gas cylinders and accelerant under a car before climbing inside with his two young sons and setting the vehicle alight.
Neighbours managed to drag the trio from the car after the gas cylinders exploded.
The boys, aged 5 and 8, suffered severe burns and have been flown to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital for treatment. Acting Detective Inspector Stuart Wilkinson says it's a very disturbing case.
For help and information about depression contact Lifeline, 131 114, or www.lifeline.org.au; beyondblue, 1300 224 636, or www.beyondblue.org.au.
How does AW get away with allowing people to comment on the guilt / innocence of people involved in matters that may before a court?
Because its in Tassie?
AW spend a lot of time policing other media outlets, perhaps should start inside your Spencer St Palace.Not one of the media elite Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
Does it get any more horrific than this?Lukew Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:05 PM
Absolutely dreadful. I suppose this father will use the usual defence that he was not in his right mind when he did this. Bulls**t there is no defence for anyone who attempts to take his/her childrens' lives and because of the way he went about it there was definate planning it was not spontaneous, he should be tried for attempted murder and receive the full penalty that goes with it. We wait with bated breath 'cos that just won't happen the courts are too lenient in their sentencing of this sort of crime.GIW Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
why do people feel they need to drag their children down with themLisa Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:34 AM