- 3AW fast-tracks historic Ashes coverage
- 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept
- Two murdered with kids in the house
- One killed in South Yarra apartment fire
- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
- Janet P on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What a disgusting low life. more
- Fat Controller on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Come on people itâ??s been around long enough by now I would have thought the constant whining would have subsided by now. ... more
- Roger on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Stupid system. I used my Myki the other day and noticed it had expired a month before (just after I previously used it)No ... more
- Sonya on Myki confusion forces closure of ... What I dont understand is why Myki passes expire? and why the complicated process of transferring credit from the old pass ... more
- Big Al on Myki confusion forces closure of ... This is like a really bad marriage. How long do you hang onto the disaster? At what point do you let go? I would suggest the ... more
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- john_at on Having issues streaming 3AW? www.australianliveradio.com provides a trouble-free steam of 3AW using Windows Media Player more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Was it $100K 'dead' or alive, or is this just a bleating somebody trying to evade justice yet again?Knowing our 'justice' ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Auto Repair Tempe on Holden recalls 50,000 imported cars Driving holden barina is really amazing if we don't find any technical problem. I have bought 2009 holden barina since long ... more
- Peggy on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene.How long do we have to put up with you?A truly great man has died. Many could learn from him. more
- It's So Simple on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just cut your losses now. Re-instate conductors and staff at every station. Install cameras for extra security. I am 120% ... more
- Joyfull on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Sadly, he will probably be treated quite well here in our jail. This country looks after criminals far better than our own ... more
- Rod on Myki confusion forces closure of ... My car had to be serviced so was forced onto public transport. Had a charged Myki ticket in my wallet which was purchased at ... more
- Gazza on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... 6 years what a sick joke...... more
- nik on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MET CARD was the best go JEFF KENNET Neil pressure the state government to make myki take daily tickets more
- Keith A Tudor on Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage ... I trust this mongrel dog gets floggings in gaol! However, he will probably be a "protected animal' in there - sadly. more
Young boys in Royal Children's after apparent murder-suicide attempt
A 49-year-old man is in a critical condition in Hobart hospital after an apparent murder-suicide attempt.
Police said it appeared the Burnie man piled gas cylinders and accelerant under a car before climbing inside with his two young sons and setting the vehicle alight.
Neighbours managed to drag the trio from the car after the gas cylinders exploded.
The boys, aged 5 and 8, suffered severe burns and have been flown to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital for treatment. Acting Detective Inspector Stuart Wilkinson says it's a very disturbing case.
For help and information about depression contact Lifeline, 131 114, or www.lifeline.org.au; beyondblue, 1300 224 636, or www.beyondblue.org.au.
How does AW get away with allowing people to comment on the guilt / innocence of people involved in matters that may before a court?
Because its in Tassie?
AW spend a lot of time policing other media outlets, perhaps should start inside your Spencer St Palace.Not one of the media elite Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
Does it get any more horrific than this?Lukew Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:05 PM
Absolutely dreadful. I suppose this father will use the usual defence that he was not in his right mind when he did this. Bulls**t there is no defence for anyone who attempts to take his/her childrens' lives and because of the way he went about it there was definate planning it was not spontaneous, he should be tried for attempted murder and receive the full penalty that goes with it. We wait with bated breath 'cos that just won't happen the courts are too lenient in their sentencing of this sort of crime.GIW Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
why do people feel they need to drag their children down with themLisa Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:34 AM