- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Young boys in Royal Children's after apparent murder-suicide attempt
A 49-year-old man is in a critical condition in Hobart hospital after an apparent murder-suicide attempt.
Police said it appeared the Burnie man piled gas cylinders and accelerant under a car before climbing inside with his two young sons and setting the vehicle alight.
Neighbours managed to drag the trio from the car after the gas cylinders exploded.
The boys, aged 5 and 8, suffered severe burns and have been flown to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital for treatment. Acting Detective Inspector Stuart Wilkinson says it's a very disturbing case.
For help and information about depression contact Lifeline, 131 114, or www.lifeline.org.au; beyondblue, 1300 224 636, or www.beyondblue.org.au.
How does AW get away with allowing people to comment on the guilt / innocence of people involved in matters that may before a court?
Because its in Tassie?
AW spend a lot of time policing other media outlets, perhaps should start inside your Spencer St Palace.Not one of the media elite Monday 10 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
Does it get any more horrific than this?Lukew Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:05 PM
Absolutely dreadful. I suppose this father will use the usual defence that he was not in his right mind when he did this. Bulls**t there is no defence for anyone who attempts to take his/her childrens' lives and because of the way he went about it there was definate planning it was not spontaneous, he should be tried for attempted murder and receive the full penalty that goes with it. We wait with bated breath 'cos that just won't happen the courts are too lenient in their sentencing of this sort of crime.GIW Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:49 AM
why do people feel they need to drag their children down with themLisa Friday 7 December, 2012 - 9:34 AM