- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Young mum abused over disabled son
A young Frankston mum was left close to tears after a note denigrating her disabled son was left on her windscreen.
Zoe Ludwell discovered the note after shopping at the Karingal Centro in Frankston on Wednesday where she had legally parked in a disabled car park.
Zoe has the permit for her 4-year-old son who suffers from severe cerebral palsy.
"The note read 'Who is the cripple you or the baby. Have your rego,'" Ms Ludwell told Nick McCallum.
"At first I was shock then I was nearly in tears. To me the word cripple is not a very nice word to use,"
"So when you are talking about me or in particular my son it is pretty offensive and upsetting that someone would say that" she said.
Zoe has started a facebook page Don't judge a parking permit by it's cover to highlight the incident and prevent any further discrimination.
IMAGE: The note left on Zoe's car windscreen (Facebook)
I recall when I lived in England I was trying to park my car at Tescos car park in Horsham West Sussex, I could not find a place so parked some distance away, I hobbled to the shop, on the way a woman found a parking space in a disabled parking slot, I asked her if she was Disabled, her answer was F--- off you silly old C---, my reply was, Yes you are disabled, you need mental helpTony Francis Thursday 30 May, 2013 - 9:40 PM
it's not just disabled car parking spaces! the problem is much bigger. I have recieved a lot of abuse for using disabled toilets because i don't 'look' disabled! one woman humiliated me and reduced me to tears, an old woman! nowadays as soon as someone starts abuse I whip my bag out! and have ben tempted to empty content on them! My son has heart problems so I also know wht it is like to be a mum with a child with health issues.people need to stop judging!and to ANNIE king orwhoever you are! parent and baby bays are for all normal parents and kids, disabled bays are for hose ith disailities, i've never seen an age restriction written on the sign!donna mear Monday 7 January, 2013 - 11:23 PM
just putting it out there...ruth mentioned that she uses the disabled parking permit for her son when she is out on her own, she of all people should know better than that. That is an illegal use of the permit & is no better than someone parking in the spot without a permit. The laws for those parking spaces are that the person to whom the permit applies to must be in the vehicle & must be exiting the vehicle in order for you to be allowed to park in the disabled space.anon Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:24 AM
Annie King I am appalled you would write such dribble. Do you have any idea what it is like to have a child with special needs??? I for one do. I see people over and over abuse disabled parking spots. They just park there because they will be in and out of the shop quickly or they have a permit but the disabled person isn't with them. My son is in a wheelchair, in a modified vehicle, he will never be able to drive a vehicle, another stupid comment made by you! I would be lucky to get a disabled park 5 of out 10 times I venture to the shop. And when you say parents with pram spots, when Zoe's son is 13, a teenager, is she still going to be able to park in a parents with pram spot.......you utter moron!!Mum of a special needs son Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 2:23 PM
"Autism/aDHD thrown around too easily these days hence this problem" - thanks so much for your derogatory comments towards my son, who IS severely autistic. Insofar as I am aware, the chance of getting a disabled parking permit in Victoria for a child with autism is similar to that here in South Australia - extremely rare. There have been a few instances where local councils have intervened knowing about individual families circumstances but on the whole disabled parking permits are NOT issued for children with Autism. Please educate yourself before making ignorant and insulting comments.Louise Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 11:40 AM
My then 23 yr old brother used to have a permit while waiting on a lung transplant for CF. He was so sick and breathless he was unable to drive himself around and could barely walk from the car to the shop. I parked his car in the permit space and had a rude and ignorant lady pushing a man in a wheelchair scream at me saying those spaces are for invalids only. I said some choice words to her but my brother took it as a compliment that he didn't actually look sick or disabled enough to use the permit space!Josie Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 9:52 AM