- Buy, Swap & Sell: November 23
- Buy, Swap & Sell: September 28
- Buy, Swap & Sell: September 14
- Buy, Swap & Sell: September 15
- Buy, Swap & Sell: September 21
- Buy, Swap & Sell: September 7
- Buy, Swap & Sell: August 31
- Buy, Swap & Sell: August 24
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CHRIS WATTS on Matt Davies named as athlete at centre ... Will this person be named or will he/she be protected like all athletes more
- Steve on Matt Davies named as athlete at centre ... SEN had this last night. Hardly an exclusive. more
- nielma wood on Buy, Swap & Sell: April 21 why would any one have a garage sale on ANZAC DAY ? more
- phil on Buy, Swap & Sell: April 20 hurry up with todays buy swap & sell phone numbers & items. 3 hrs to post them up?? Pleeeze more
- Jim on Drink-driver clocked at 90 kilometres ... Well Done Victoria Police! Plenty Road has had too many fatalities and maybe one day, this driver will be thankful to the ... more
- Terrie on Buy, Swap & Sell: April 13 Heard a fishing boat advertised today 16000Please advise if its old as not on listKind regardsterrieTerrie more
- john on Melbourne in need of a bike path ... its about time preaching from inner city dwellers who have everything at their doorstep which was provided by past ... more
- Gloria on Melbourne in need of a bike path ... If it is going to reduce car lanes, this will cause traffic chaos. Preston Council put in a bike lane, reducing Cramer ... more
- col on Melbourne in need of a bike path ... Premier turnes his back on most things more
- Angela on Buy Swap and Sell : January 5 Hi Could you please provide the phone number of the person selling a Super 8 recorder in Portarlington. Many thanks Angela more
- faye on Buy Swap and Sell: December 29 My ad for triple bunk bed has wrong phone no on your page, it is 59866576. (not 5988 as in your ad No wonder we got no rings ... more
- Susan on Buy, Swap & Sell: November 11 House Contents ClearanceCrockeryCutlery LinenFurnitureBric-A-BracToo much to mention Start Time: 8.30am onwards Address:1 ... more
- milan jevric on Buy, Swap & Sell: November 11 Why are there no phone numbers for the BS&S items of November 11? more
- Paul Goujon on Buy, Swap & Sell: 13 October I am moving up to the country, lovely Heathcote â?? shiraz area! The house needs to be emptied so grand sale, grand sale!!! ... more
- Louise on Buy, Swap & Sell - September 16 I am trying to get the number of the man who said he would come and take bees away for free - we have a nest in our roof. ... more
- Jack Kleynjan on Buy, Swap & Sell - September 8 We are having a "DOWN SIZING" garage sale on Saturday 15th. September and Sunday 16th. September.We have bundles of ... more
- anne boyle on Buy, Swap & Sell - September 1 wanting to get the number for the gentleman in sandringham selling wrought iron table and chair sets.....please email me ... more
- Buy Swap & sell on Buy, Swap & Sell - August 25 11.50 am 1/09/2012. Buy Swap & sell still not up on website !!!!! more
- andy on Buy, Swap & Sell - August 26 there was a man had a ford F 100 or 250 for sale one of the last ones for the day l carnt see it on the list do have that ... more
- NIGEL on Buy, Swap & Sell - August 25 Hi Darren would I be able to call in ,and ask where and when Schools are having Markets ,car boot sales ect . more
Akermanis: Stynes was a 'nasty man'
UPDATE: The Sunshine Coast's Mix 92.7 confirmed they have terminated their "casual agreement" with Jason Akermanis.
Jason Akermanis has called Jim Stynes a 'nasty man' and questioned his deservedness of his State Funeral two days after his passing.
"Jim was no saint," Jason Akermanis said on Mix 92.7 on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.
"He was a nasty man in his day."
Interestingly, Akermanis was the recipient of the Jim Stynes Medal in 1999, awarded to the best Australian player in the International Rules series.
@mattricho0 oh Jason... We can only shake our collective heads— Bob Murphy (@BobMurphy02) March 22, 2012
"He was a legend of the game and did a great job and wonderful things with kids, but you know there are a bunch of people who have done just as much who don't get any recognition. I just think it's a bit out of kilter."
"He got a State funeral - do all football players get a State funeral? There's something about it all that just made me feel uncomfortable. Jim's good but is he that good?"
Akermanis' past controversial comments include advising gay AFL players to stay in the closet and speculating that an opposing AFL player had taken performance-enhancing drugs.
Akermanis will appear on Channel 9's Celebrity Apprentice next month.
Some AFL players have turned to Twitter to hit out at Akermanis:
Jason Akermanis... Show some respect. Regardless of how you feel, never speak ill of the dead. Lowest of lows.— Brock McLean (@dirty_14) March 22, 2012
Jason akermanis's comments are absolutely despicable.— Campbell brown (@Browndogg_30x) March 22, 2012
Oh wow, he didn't go there! I can believe it ... AKER you FLOG!!!— Nathan Jones (@nathan2jones) March 22, 2012
LISTEN: Jason Akermanis' comments on Jim Stynes & 3AW callers' reactions:
HAVE YOUR SAY: How do you feel about Akermanis' comments?
Tributes have been flowing in for AFL Legend, philanthropist, father and friend Jim Stynes who passed away yesterday after a long battle with cancer. The thoughts of everyone here at 3AW are with Jim's family at this sad time. Leave your tribute to Jim here.
DERRYN HINCH: At a time when I was being forced to confront my own mortality I thought that if I could face what lay ahead with a skerrick of that Jim Stynes' strength, passion and continued love of life, then I was half way there.
JUSTIN SMITH: It's a beautiful morning, a real Melbourne bottler. Jim Stynes' family & mates would have been greeted with the beautiful sun, just after saying goodbye. You can only hope it was warm on their faces & made them feel a little better.
could it be a simple case of aker being in love with the sound of his own voice? because if that is the case, which i think is a credible theory, he just comes out with any old shit for the simple pleasure of hearing how it sounds. he does tend to gibber at times.jack Sunday 1 April, 2012 - 3:44 PM
If there was an Arsehole of the year award, we would have 2 winners. Jason & Yummi. Kick these 2 to the kirb.Jenny Sunday 25 March, 2012 - 3:27 AM
I never had the honour of meeting Jim Stynes, but we were previleged to be able to "follow" his "ups and downs" of his illness for nearly 3 years...and because of that, I feel like I have lost a dear dear friend...To hear that sleazy little tool say those things, regardless of WHAT he really meant, makes my blood boil..zip up your filthy mouth boy, and go hide under a rock...If I hear your voice or see your face again on tv/radio, it will be too soon...DERRYN.. think you better zip it too mate! I too have vivid memories of you slagging the late great Graham Kennedy....wendy Saturday 24 March, 2012 - 7:42 PM
STATEsman Jason, STATEsman that is why he is getting a STATE funeral!Neil W Friday 23 March, 2012 - 4:11 PM
It's not about what he said, it's about the timing. The silly man is being crucified for his insensitivity and his lack of common sense expressed in a public forum. Use some common sense for Christ sake Akka. Express your opinions in private when someone's just died or you'll end up unemployable.Bert Friday 23 March, 2012 - 10:09 AM
I think it is very sad that Jim Stynes has lost the fight against cancer.I feel for his wife and family. BUT I have to agree with Akermanis. There should be No state funeral for Jim. As Jason said there are many people out there who have done as much, and more over the years and do not get a state funeral.I am surprised hi family went along with it.Judi Burgin Friday 23 March, 2012 - 7:58 AM