- Silvie Paladino sings for Denis Walter
- Best and worst movie adaptations
- What’s the best type of property to buy?
- Jim Schembri's cheat sheet - 17 May
- Fast facts: Dick Van Dyke
- New release movie reviews - May 17
- Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter
- Denis Walter and 'Postman Pat' at the World Stamp Show
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Popi on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi ShannonHow do I remove nail polish from carpet.CheersPopi more
- Lynne on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi,My female cat has a problem with weeing in a corner of the house. I was wondering what can I use to remove the smell? ... more
- Jeff on Will Movie 43 be the Worst Film of '13? go watch transformers if you want to see the spectacular battle scenes. that isn't what the movie is about. and you're ... more
- Yvonne Guerra on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi ShannonI have a damp wet smell inside my dryer and want to know what I can use to rid this smellThanks in advance :) more
- Wendy on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter Fantastic! I love listening to Casey, but love watching her sing even more. I must book......NOW! more
- Lyn on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter Her versatility is just mind blowing! Is there nothing she can't do? Casey connects to her lyric and takes her audiences ... more
- Shelley Blew on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, Can you please help me to remove the sticky residue from airport stickers off an ostrich skin barrel bag. more
- Kere on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter This is a fine example of why this woman is my favourite singer EVER. From Metallica to Mama Cass, she shines and channels ... more
- Debbie May on Around the home with Shannon Lush We have recently built a new home and have bamboo click together floorboards. Some tradie has walked something through which ... more
- jane on Around the home with Shannon Lush HELP please ShannonI have ironed an iron on number onto the back of my sons footy jumper and it has wrinkled. I need to ... more
- John Twomey on New release movie reviews - 21 March Marie,As I hope you have found by now, "The Cruel Sea" is available through Amazon.com at ... more
- John Twomey on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Wow. That kind of ... sucked, to be honest. And for anyone who says, "Oh, I suppose you could do it better" ... yes, as a ... more
- abdul the "turkish bath"(er) on Renee Geyer with Billy Pinnell She's a class act I saw her at the Albion in South Melb, now the butchered plastic joint called the Motel.Get to see her ... more
- Yvonne McCaig on Health with Gerald Quigley Hi Gerald,Could you please tell me what to take for weak finger nails that also have ugly ridges?Kind regardsYvonne more
- Pru on Sunrise girls and their ... Heard this Barr piece comment one time she is so tired in the afternoon, she feels like belting the kids at 4.00 p.m. more
- Michelle on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, we had my daughters 18th on the weekend and we hired a slushie machine. Just my luck someone who was rather ... more
- Caroline on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, I placed my dark wet washing on top of the wet light colours and I have had a black pair of jeans leave dye on a ... more
- Chris Hutton on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon On 7/5/13 you answered a question in relation to cleaning Scanpan cookware - I missed most of your answer but ... more
- Colleen on Health with Gerald Quigley My hisband has been ill bronchitis and pneunomia for about 3 weeks. Could you please repeat the supplements you suggested ... more
- the serial pest on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Why was this not authorised by me first? more
Bali bombing survivor talks about meeting terrorist before ten-year anniversary
Andrew Csabi shakes the hand of Bali Bomber, Nazir Abbas. (Photo: Seven Network)
As the ten year anniversary of the Bali Bombings approaches, Denis Walter spoke with survivor Andrew Csabi two weeks ago faced the terrorist who took away not only his leg but two of his friends.
Speaking with Denis Walter, Andrew said he agreed to meet with Nasir Abbas for Channel Seven’s Sunday Night program because he felt it was his duty.
"I just thought, that's my job, that's what I'm here for, that's what I survived in the Sari Club for: an opportunity to ask on behalf of all of Australians,” he said.
”We demand an answer - why did you target us specifically?"
Andrew said the jury was still out on the sincerity of his remorse, but he had forgiven the man who had trained Amrozi and his co-conspirators in Afghanistan to blow up the Sari Club and Paddy’s Bar on October 12, 2002.
"I can maybe forgive and but I can't forget, I can never forget,” he told Denis Walter.
"They're always saying sorry after they get caught."
Andrew said while the time around the anniversary of the bombings was always a trying time of year, it made realise how far he had come in now being able to walk around on a prosthetic leg after previously being confined to a wheelchair.
"I've got so much more stamina and strength. I'm older (and) wiser,” he said.
Andrew said he had marked most anniversaries of the bombing by flying to Bali, and still went there to holiday, but said now it was time to explore other areas.
Andrew has released a book called Bom Bali: Life after Death.
LISTEN: Andrew Csabi speaks with Denis Walter:
What is this bastard doing roaming the streets in the first place - shouldn't he be behind bars or even dead by now through the death penalty. Oh I forgot we only threaten the death penalty with drug traffickers. No way would I forgive this piece of scum.Joybells Friday 12 October, 2012 - 4:56 PM
Another gripe this evil weed was the mastermind behind the Bali bombings he was part of al Qaedas regional affiliate he trained men to kill what the hell is the stupid media on the Sunday Night programme giving him the time of day it makes me sick what goes on in this country it is so wrong in so many ways.mandy Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 9:37 PM
I believe it took a big man to meet the man responsible, but dammed if I would ever shake that bastards hand. I would rather use that hand and pummel him until he was unrecognisable.
If was acting on behalf of Aussies involved, I am not convinced they would want that man's hand shook.adam Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:09 PM
That's what you call a real smiling assassin that evil creature is faking it and overstepped the line shaking that poor vulnerable mans hand what a shame that's one moment I wished I had never witnessed.poptart Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 8:16 PM
I saw this imposter on TV and I am very annoyed that Andrew has forgiven him we should maintain the rage that evil mongrel should be behind bars.mandy Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 4:36 PM
No way would I forgive this bastard nor any of his co-conspirators. They are absolute animals and do not deserve forgiveness in any way, shape or form and should have received life sentences with no release.GIW Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 3:56 PM