- Lucy Lawless joins Darren James
- Marcia Hines releases 'Amazing' new album
- Hey Dad! cast feeling 'a little numb'
- Dan Sultan releases 'Blackbird'
- Secret revealed: how to deal with rude customers
- I'm not a look-alike!
- Melissa Doyle releases 'Alphabet Soup'
- Petula Clark: 'I want to get better'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CJG on New release movie reviews - April 1 Gareth Edwards is the director of Godzilla, not Gareth Evans. more
- Like Kisses of thread on New release movie reviews - April 1 The director attached to the Godzilla film is actually Gareth Edwards, not Gareth Evans.Lazy. more
- Spaghetti on New release movie reviews - April 1 No big deal, unless you're them, surely, but Gareth Edwards is directing Godzilla. more
- Barney on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Denis. have you heard of the kick start diet or the soup diet. you eat their recipe of vegetable soup for a number of ... more
- ian on Kate Ceberano shares her story Has she got an New Release coming out.????? more
- Milton on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Good luck with that one Denis:) more
- Jodi V on Victoria's oldest Ironman competitor Well done Mr Barnes. I remember you from high school running. So inspiring to see you are still at it. Jodi more
- Martin on Model sacked, told her bum's too big Ms Nicole is perfect, when will these designers realise men want meat not sticks. more
- Tracy Johnson on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch Mark Andrew is one of a kind.With all is characters is best known for Elvis,in my views he is the best. more
- ian on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch I had seen Mark on several occasions and to tell you he is great more
- Robert Rich on Back to the future for Moomba This is a joke !!!!!!! more
- Heather on Back to the future for Moomba Oh so wrong!!! Am sick of Bert being treated like a demi god. He's had his turn and would have thought he would do decent ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Back to the future for Moomba once was enough,BUT not twice....why do we need to pamper this old tv worker.......Abbott is going back to the Howard days, ... more
- Jane on Back to the future for Moomba Oh spare me. Newton again. "Clown" hall does it again. How about honouring the CFA instead or someone like Moira Kelly for ... more
- ian on Back to the future for Moomba This would have the worst decision since the people voted Gillard in a P/M. more
- Jill on Back to the future for Moomba I would rather applaud our CFA during the Moomba Parade, than Bert Newton. Maybe we can applaud Bert Newton come Logie time. more
- Christine on Back to the future for Moomba You've got to be kidding ! more
- Alison Horner on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon could you please advise washing microfibre cleaning cloths indicate no softness or bleach products to be used. ... more
- Craig on Chuck Berry takes a dive Ummmm.. Looks like he had a parachute on too... Nothing to see here. more
- ian on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Any witnesses. more
Bali bombing survivor talks about meeting terrorist before ten-year anniversary
Andrew Csabi shakes the hand of Bali Bomber, Nazir Abbas. (Photo: Seven Network)
As the ten year anniversary of the Bali Bombings approaches, Denis Walter spoke with survivor Andrew Csabi two weeks ago faced the terrorist who took away not only his leg but two of his friends.
Speaking with Denis Walter, Andrew said he agreed to meet with Nasir Abbas for Channel Seven’s Sunday Night program because he felt it was his duty.
"I just thought, that's my job, that's what I'm here for, that's what I survived in the Sari Club for: an opportunity to ask on behalf of all of Australians,” he said.
”We demand an answer - why did you target us specifically?"
Andrew said the jury was still out on the sincerity of his remorse, but he had forgiven the man who had trained Amrozi and his co-conspirators in Afghanistan to blow up the Sari Club and Paddy’s Bar on October 12, 2002.
"I can maybe forgive and but I can't forget, I can never forget,” he told Denis Walter.
"They're always saying sorry after they get caught."
Andrew said while the time around the anniversary of the bombings was always a trying time of year, it made realise how far he had come in now being able to walk around on a prosthetic leg after previously being confined to a wheelchair.
"I've got so much more stamina and strength. I'm older (and) wiser,” he said.
Andrew said he had marked most anniversaries of the bombing by flying to Bali, and still went there to holiday, but said now it was time to explore other areas.
Andrew has released a book called Bom Bali: Life after Death.
LISTEN: Andrew Csabi speaks with Denis Walter:
What is this bastard doing roaming the streets in the first place - shouldn't he be behind bars or even dead by now through the death penalty. Oh I forgot we only threaten the death penalty with drug traffickers. No way would I forgive this piece of scum.Joybells Friday 12 October, 2012 - 4:56 PM
Another gripe this evil weed was the mastermind behind the Bali bombings he was part of al Qaedas regional affiliate he trained men to kill what the hell is the stupid media on the Sunday Night programme giving him the time of day it makes me sick what goes on in this country it is so wrong in so many ways.mandy Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 9:37 PM
I believe it took a big man to meet the man responsible, but dammed if I would ever shake that bastards hand. I would rather use that hand and pummel him until he was unrecognisable.
If was acting on behalf of Aussies involved, I am not convinced they would want that man's hand shook.adam Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:09 PM
That's what you call a real smiling assassin that evil creature is faking it and overstepped the line shaking that poor vulnerable mans hand what a shame that's one moment I wished I had never witnessed.poptart Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 8:16 PM
I saw this imposter on TV and I am very annoyed that Andrew has forgiven him we should maintain the rage that evil mongrel should be behind bars.mandy Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 4:36 PM
No way would I forgive this bastard nor any of his co-conspirators. They are absolute animals and do not deserve forgiveness in any way, shape or form and should have received life sentences with no release.GIW Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 3:56 PM