- Jim's movie cheat sheet - Sept 5
- Arquette: 'This movie was a gift'
- New release film reviews - Sept 4
- Anything Goes stars join Denis Walter
- The Lion King returns to Australia
- Jimmy Barnes releases duets album
- Four generations of August 15
- MIFF highlights - Aug 15
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Jackson on Family Feud error: Ride or Bride? Nah im hearing "ride" den! Good to see you keeping denya on his toes though! Hey our house stops like a melb cup race every ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Cold enough for you? WELL IT IS WINTER AFTER ALL.....WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.... more
- Gazza on Meet Skippy, the white kangaroo I pass one most days south of the Mernda pub,big mobs there and whitey stands out like a beacon.. more
- Jo on Jim Keays dies, aged 67 R. I. P. Jim Keayes. Sympathy to his daughter, Russell Morris and many friends. more
- Gloria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Who cares if he is a good dancer or not, he certainly is a good looking bloke, lucky you Amanda. more
- Caroline on Can Pat Panetta dance? Kids will love it for a little while longer...thennnnnnn..........er....."God Dads embarrassing". more
- Maria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Sorry Pat....... The hands are a bit........ Girly more
- Frances Holmes on Can Pat Panetta dance? Amanda may hate the hands, but unfortunately Pat that's all you've got moving! more
- Pedrao on Can Pat Panetta dance? You dance like a typical white boy. As a youth, you'de have no chance on scoring. As an old man; who cares.Ã¯Â»Â¿ more
- Brad on Can Pat Panetta dance? He looks to enjoying himself and looks natural doing it, so who cares if its good or bad dancing. hahahaCheers Brad ... more
- anna on Can Pat Panetta dance? Pat, no you can't dance. We would like to here the music tho so we can see if your in beat more
- Jude on Can Pat Panetta dance? NO Pat - you cant dance - you dance like my husband!!!!:( :( :( more
- H on Dami Im joins Denis Walter Thanks for having Dami on your show. That was a very good interview, Good questions, Good answers. 3AW, please play her ... more
- kerrie on Denis Walter live from New York Hi Dennis went too new york may 2013 with husband had a great time there check out ellens star dust diner and visit the soup ... more
- Tim on Denis Walter live from New York No wonder that lady named Judy didn't recognise the song you sang to her! She may have if you used the correct words Denis! ... more
- Noel on Denis Walter live from New York Great listening to you in New York.I am reliving my visit and taking note of the sights you are seeing and I hope to see, ... more
- Roger on Denis Walter live from New York Dennis I rang you on live radio about the New York Yacht Club next door to the Sofitel but if you get down to Wall St ... more
- di padgett on Denis Walter live from New York go have a baileys milkshake at Bills Burgers Rockerfellar and do the underground tour of rockerfellar more
- Elizabeth Bull on Denis Walter live from New York Hi Dennis, your lucky to be in New York. I was leaving to go there and hurricane sandy hit and l unfortunately had to ... more
- Ahmed on Denis Walter live from New York What's the story with the naked lady, what does she do? more
Bali bombing survivor talks about meeting terrorist before ten-year anniversary
Andrew Csabi shakes the hand of Bali Bomber, Nazir Abbas. (Photo: Seven Network)
As the ten year anniversary of the Bali Bombings approaches, Denis Walter spoke with survivor Andrew Csabi two weeks ago faced the terrorist who took away not only his leg but two of his friends.
Speaking with Denis Walter, Andrew said he agreed to meet with Nasir Abbas for Channel Seven’s Sunday Night program because he felt it was his duty.
"I just thought, that's my job, that's what I'm here for, that's what I survived in the Sari Club for: an opportunity to ask on behalf of all of Australians,” he said.
”We demand an answer - why did you target us specifically?"
Andrew said the jury was still out on the sincerity of his remorse, but he had forgiven the man who had trained Amrozi and his co-conspirators in Afghanistan to blow up the Sari Club and Paddy’s Bar on October 12, 2002.
"I can maybe forgive and but I can't forget, I can never forget,” he told Denis Walter.
"They're always saying sorry after they get caught."
Andrew said while the time around the anniversary of the bombings was always a trying time of year, it made realise how far he had come in now being able to walk around on a prosthetic leg after previously being confined to a wheelchair.
"I've got so much more stamina and strength. I'm older (and) wiser,” he said.
Andrew said he had marked most anniversaries of the bombing by flying to Bali, and still went there to holiday, but said now it was time to explore other areas.
Andrew has released a book called Bom Bali: Life after Death.
LISTEN: Andrew Csabi speaks with Denis Walter:
What is this bastard doing roaming the streets in the first place - shouldn't he be behind bars or even dead by now through the death penalty. Oh I forgot we only threaten the death penalty with drug traffickers. No way would I forgive this piece of scum.Joybells Friday 12 October, 2012 - 4:56 PM
Another gripe this evil weed was the mastermind behind the Bali bombings he was part of al Qaedas regional affiliate he trained men to kill what the hell is the stupid media on the Sunday Night programme giving him the time of day it makes me sick what goes on in this country it is so wrong in so many ways.mandy Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 9:37 PM
I believe it took a big man to meet the man responsible, but dammed if I would ever shake that bastards hand. I would rather use that hand and pummel him until he was unrecognisable.
If was acting on behalf of Aussies involved, I am not convinced they would want that man's hand shook.adam Thursday 11 October, 2012 - 4:09 PM
That's what you call a real smiling assassin that evil creature is faking it and overstepped the line shaking that poor vulnerable mans hand what a shame that's one moment I wished I had never witnessed.poptart Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 8:16 PM
I saw this imposter on TV and I am very annoyed that Andrew has forgiven him we should maintain the rage that evil mongrel should be behind bars.mandy Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 4:36 PM
No way would I forgive this bastard nor any of his co-conspirators. They are absolute animals and do not deserve forgiveness in any way, shape or form and should have received life sentences with no release.GIW Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 3:56 PM