- Getting to know Dan Andrews
- Fashionable rubbish
- A horse is a horse, that is of course...
- Guy Sebastian in studio
- Hunger Games bad for your brain?
- New release movies, November 20
- Woman goes on 77 dates in 81 days
- Two dead in fiery Dromana smash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Patty Hanson on World's tallest cow over the mooon Thank you so much for interviewing me about Blosom! She is a special cow, and its nice to share her with others. She has the ... more
- judith on World's tallest cow over the mooon What a beautiful animal, do hope she lives to a ripe old age. more
- David Jackson on Family Feud error: Ride or Bride? Nah im hearing "ride" den! Good to see you keeping denya on his toes though! Hey our house stops like a melb cup race every ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Cold enough for you? WELL IT IS WINTER AFTER ALL.....WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.... more
- Gazza on Meet Skippy, the white kangaroo I pass one most days south of the Mernda pub,big mobs there and whitey stands out like a beacon.. more
- Jo on Jim Keays dies, aged 67 R. I. P. Jim Keayes. Sympathy to his daughter, Russell Morris and many friends. more
- Gloria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Who cares if he is a good dancer or not, he certainly is a good looking bloke, lucky you Amanda. more
- Caroline on Can Pat Panetta dance? Kids will love it for a little while longer...thennnnnnn..........er....."God Dads embarrassing". more
- Maria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Sorry Pat....... The hands are a bit........ Girly more
- Frances Holmes on Can Pat Panetta dance? Amanda may hate the hands, but unfortunately Pat that's all you've got moving! more
- Pedrao on Can Pat Panetta dance? You dance like a typical white boy. As a youth, you'de have no chance on scoring. As an old man; who cares.Ã¯Â»Â¿ more
- Brad on Can Pat Panetta dance? He looks to enjoying himself and looks natural doing it, so who cares if its good or bad dancing. hahahaCheers Brad ... more
- anna on Can Pat Panetta dance? Pat, no you can't dance. We would like to here the music tho so we can see if your in beat more
- Jude on Can Pat Panetta dance? NO Pat - you cant dance - you dance like my husband!!!!:( :( :( more
- H on Dami Im joins Denis Walter Thanks for having Dami on your show. That was a very good interview, Good questions, Good answers. 3AW, please play her ... more
- kerrie on Denis Walter live from New York Hi Dennis went too new york may 2013 with husband had a great time there check out ellens star dust diner and visit the soup ... more
- Tim on Denis Walter live from New York No wonder that lady named Judy didn't recognise the song you sang to her! She may have if you used the correct words Denis! ... more
- Noel on Denis Walter live from New York Great listening to you in New York.I am reliving my visit and taking note of the sights you are seeing and I hope to see, ... more
- Roger on Denis Walter live from New York Dennis I rang you on live radio about the New York Yacht Club next door to the Sofitel but if you get down to Wall St ... more
- di padgett on Denis Walter live from New York go have a baileys milkshake at Bills Burgers Rockerfellar and do the underground tour of rockerfellar more
Celebrating 40 years of Peter Hitchener
3AW has paid homage to Melbourne’s much-loved and trusted newsman Peter Hitchener on Denis Walter's Afternoon program in a special half-hour tribute show.
Peter is celebrating 40 years at Channel 9 where he has held the chief newsreader position since taking over from Brian Naylor in December 1998.
Among the special guests to pay tribute were members of Peter's current team including Tony Jones, Livinia Nixon as well as legendary Channel 9 identity Pete Smith.
LISTEN BELOW: Denis Walter and special guests pay tribute to Peter Hitchener.
WATCH HERE: Peter reflects on some of the news stories that have impacted him most.
3AW Afternoons provides a feast of entertainment and helpful information between 12 and 3pm every Monday to Friday. Denis Walter, one of 3AW's favourites, hosts the program each day - with highlights regularly uploaded to 3AW.com.au.
No one can beat you as a professional news reader a great voice I've been listening to you since the good old 70s.mandy Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 9:01 AM
Lissy & I say Congratulations toPeter Hitchener on your 40 years at Channel 9.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULY Wednesday 30 January, 2013 - 5:38 PM