- New release movie reviews - May 17
- Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter
- Denis Walter and 'Postman Pat' at the World Stamp Show
- New movie release reviews - May 9
- Sunrise girls and their not-so-glamourous mornings
- The Great Gatsby's Callan McAuliffe
- Star Trek Director JJ Abrams
- The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Shelley Blew on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, Can you please help me to remove the sticky residue from airport stickers off an ostrich skin barrel bag. more
- Kere on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter This is a fine example of why this woman is my favourite singer EVER. From Metallica to Mama Cass, she shines and channels ... more
- Debbie May on Around the home with Shannon Lush We have recently built a new home and have bamboo click together floorboards. Some tradie has walked something through which ... more
- jane on Around the home with Shannon Lush HELP please ShannonI have ironed an iron on number onto the back of my sons footy jumper and it has wrinkled. I need to ... more
- John Twomey on New release movie reviews - 21 March Marie,As I hope you have found by now, "The Cruel Sea" is available through Amazon.com at ... more
- John Twomey on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Wow. That kind of ... sucked, to be honest. And for anyone who says, "Oh, I suppose you could do it better" ... yes, as a ... more
- abdul the "turkish bath"(er) on Renee Geyer with Billy Pinnell She's a class act I saw her at the Albion in South Melb, now the butchered plastic joint called the Motel.Get to see her ... more
- Yvonne McCaig on Health with Gerald Quigley Hi Gerald,Could you please tell me what to take for weak finger nails that also have ugly ridges?Kind regardsYvonne more
- Pru on Sunrise girls and their ... Heard this Barr piece comment one time she is so tired in the afternoon, she feels like belting the kids at 4.00 p.m. more
- Michelle on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, we had my daughters 18th on the weekend and we hired a slushie machine. Just my luck someone who was rather ... more
- Caroline on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, I placed my dark wet washing on top of the wet light colours and I have had a black pair of jeans leave dye on a ... more
- Chris Hutton on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon On 7/5/13 you answered a question in relation to cleaning Scanpan cookware - I missed most of your answer but ... more
- Colleen on Health with Gerald Quigley My hisband has been ill bronchitis and pneunomia for about 3 weeks. Could you please repeat the supplements you suggested ... more
- the serial pest on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Why was this not authorised by me first? more
- Kim on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi ShannonCan you tell me a good way to get rid of the fishy smell from towels/clothes used on a recent fishing trip. I have ... more
- Kerrie Ribergaard on Around the home with Shannon Lush How do I get stains out of a baby dress that has never been worn but stored in cupboard for 5 years more
- Andrew Gleeson on Live at 3AW: Clare Bowditch Dennis,Yesterday (Wednesdy) you had a interview with a n opera trained singer who was had released a new album. I didnt get ... more
- Lesley on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon the other week you spoke about getting stains out of the carpet using a steamer and what to put in the water. My ... more
- Joe Garra on Don Adams & Get Smart - Fast Facts Best TV show ever! more
- Jim on Jim's movie cheat sheet - 11 March Hello Marie! The Cruel Sea is, without doubt, one of the greatest maritime war movies ever. You can easily get it on Amazon ... more
Health with Gerald Quigley
Our Australia Day theme was one of empowerment, the ability of each individual in Australia to become involved in their own health.
We shouldn’t need Government sponsored messages about the simplistic jingo language such as “if you do this, then that will happen”.
Today’s callers wanted to know:
- Carpel tunnel syndrome – a build-up of fluid in the wrist joint, putting pressure on the nerve channels and causing tingling and pain. Vitamin B6, 25mg each day, along with vitamin C with bioflavonoids, 1000mg twice a day will help with the discomfort. Applying ThermaLife Cream stops the pain.
- Best information for arthritis can be found at www.livingwitharthritis.com.au Information there explains the benefits of Nagesic Forte – the turmeric based anti-inflammatory which mimics the effects of the prescription-based options that come with a raft of adverse effects. Dose of Nagesic Forte is ONE each day, every day. ThermaLife cream can be applied as required.
- Wounds which won’t heal require investigation. Whether it’s from surgery or an injury, healing is an important process. If it’s not happening, a doctor needs to be involved.
- Sunscreens are an important part of our outdoors environment in Australia. They are best applied twenty minutes before sun exposure, on normal temperature skin, in appropriate quantities to give maximum protection.
- Parachoc is a chocolate flavoured version of paraffin oil and is a commonly prescribed laxative for children. Iberogast is a herbal option which normalizes digestive function, and is a safe option for all ages because it supports the digestion of laxative-type foods like prunes and rhubarb, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- CoEnzyme Q10 is really a “miracle nutrient” in that it is essential for life. As adults we don’t make enough. Low levels of coenzyme Q10 cause fatigue and muscle weakness, such as that caused by cholesterol lowering drugs. Usual adult dose is 150mg in capsule form once a day.
3AW Afternoons provides a feast of entertainment and helpful information between 12 and 3pm every Monday to Friday. Denis Walter, one of 3AW's favourites, hosts the program each day - with highlights regularly uploaded to 3AW.com.au.
Could you please tell me what to take for weak finger nails that also have ugly ridges?
YvonneYvonne McCaig Friday 10 May, 2013 - 10:30 AM
My hisband has been ill bronchitis and pneunomia for about 3 weeks. Could you please repeat the supplements you suggested for a boost in energy levels.Colleen Wednesday 8 May, 2013 - 9:31 AM
Could you please tell me the name of the product that you spoke about a few weeks ago with Dennis that is for travel sickness? It was one tablet that lasted 24 hours.
ColleenColleen Friday 26 April, 2013 - 4:20 PM
Hi Gerald, could you please tell me the name of the product that you spoke about a few weeks ago with Dennis that is for travel sickness? It was one tablet that lasted 24 hours??
Kind regards, JoanJoa Courtney Monday 22 April, 2013 - 9:42 AM
Gerald was Nagesic Forte the product you prescribed some weeks ago to a listener instead of using Panadol Osteo???
ThanksRobyn Thursday 11 April, 2013 - 5:46 PM
Could you please tell me what the product was that Gerard Quigley spoke about last week for travel sickness that lasts 24hrs?
Frankfrank griffin Wednesday 3 April, 2013 - 10:49 PM