- LIVE from the Queen Victoria Market
- Jim Schembri's movie poster parodies
- New release movie reviews - December 5
- Sinatra's newest album release
- Human Nature sings 'Silent Night'
- Jim's Cheat Sheet, November 29
- The show must go on
- School bans girls wearing shorts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Leeanne on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hello, is it possible I could ask shannon lush 2 questions please?I accidentally put a spot of whiteout on the console In my ... more
- micaelthemick on Essential guide to the Hollywood ... News Limited with the unpaid blue uniform lover and liberal /np tryhard , acting as unpaid public relations .The McCarthyism ... more
- Christine on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss That's great, congratulations. And I changed my hair colour last week - who cares ! more
- Shane W on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Now that's how a real woman should look! Congratulations. more
- Elizabeth Howatt on Jim's cheat sheet- Nov 22 Can someone please tell me which is the video shop that Jim Schembri recommends for classic and hard to find DVDs more
- Jacinta on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Congratulations Mahalia!an amazing result - good on you! more
- Catherine on David Campbell chats with Denis Walter Don't we have anyone in Melbourne capable of fulfilling this task? more
- Jim Schembri on New release movie reviews - November 22 Hello Michael. You've totally got me! Having just said how brilliant and well-known he is, I go ahead and get Jim ... more
- Kerry on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon and Dennis xMy dogs have urinated on my floor boards they are natural not stained and have left terrible white ... more
- Donna Lee on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon,I have your spotless book but am unsure of how to handle a stain of scuff marks on my carpet. I'm not sure what ... more
- Michael Dalton on New release movie reviews - November 22 With regards to your FILTH review, it is actually Jim Broadbent, not David. more
- Dolores Styring on Around the home with Shannon Lush Have dots of glue on my Formica bench. Could you suggest some remedy. Would be very grateful. Dolores Styring more
- mandy on JFK The Movie: Fact vs Myth JFK The Final 24 Hours was an interesting incite. Foxtel National Geographic. more
- mandy on Linda Blair with Denis Walter One of the best horror movies of all time a great cast. more
- mandy on Remembering President John F. Kennedy ... The Kennedy's had a lot of skeletons in their closests they were far from perfect. The doco I was impressed by was JFK. The ... more
- Fed up paramedic on Woman waits two hours for ambulance If the privately run dispatching service would just tell patients there cas is deemed not a life threatening emergency and ... more
- Christine on Woman waits two hours for ambulance @ Ambo. With due respect the cases we hear are very serious and not paper cuts. The system is not working and people are ... more
- Ambo on Woman waits two hours for ambulance Christine, in one way I agree; but then I disagree. If the system wasn't clogged by a ludicrous call-taking and dispatch ... more
- stuart keele on JFK The Movie: Fact vs Myth jim Schembri you're living in la la land if you think JFK was killed by Lee Oswald "the lone gunman"He was hit in the throat ... more
- Christine on Woman waits two hours for ambulance Totally fed up with hearing about the pathetic ambulance service, which is anything but a service. I don't care whose fault ... more
Health with Gerald Quigley
Our Australia Day theme was one of empowerment, the ability of each individual in Australia to become involved in their own health.
We shouldn’t need Government sponsored messages about the simplistic jingo language such as “if you do this, then that will happen”.
Today’s callers wanted to know:
- Carpel tunnel syndrome – a build-up of fluid in the wrist joint, putting pressure on the nerve channels and causing tingling and pain. Vitamin B6, 25mg each day, along with vitamin C with bioflavonoids, 1000mg twice a day will help with the discomfort. Applying ThermaLife Cream stops the pain.
- Best information for arthritis can be found at www.livingwitharthritis.com.au Information there explains the benefits of Nagesic Forte – the turmeric based anti-inflammatory which mimics the effects of the prescription-based options that come with a raft of adverse effects. Dose of Nagesic Forte is ONE each day, every day. ThermaLife cream can be applied as required.
- Wounds which won’t heal require investigation. Whether it’s from surgery or an injury, healing is an important process. If it’s not happening, a doctor needs to be involved.
- Sunscreens are an important part of our outdoors environment in Australia. They are best applied twenty minutes before sun exposure, on normal temperature skin, in appropriate quantities to give maximum protection.
- Parachoc is a chocolate flavoured version of paraffin oil and is a commonly prescribed laxative for children. Iberogast is a herbal option which normalizes digestive function, and is a safe option for all ages because it supports the digestion of laxative-type foods like prunes and rhubarb, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- CoEnzyme Q10 is really a “miracle nutrient” in that it is essential for life. As adults we don’t make enough. Low levels of coenzyme Q10 cause fatigue and muscle weakness, such as that caused by cholesterol lowering drugs. Usual adult dose is 150mg in capsule form once a day.
3AW Afternoons provides a feast of entertainment and helpful information between 12 and 3pm every Monday to Friday. Denis Walter, one of 3AW's favourites, hosts the program each day - with highlights regularly uploaded to 3AW.com.au.
Gerald, I was driving in the car when you briefly mentioned a help for tinnitus in the ear. The noise is driving me crazy! Please let me know if there is anything else as well.
Thank youVictoria Tuesday 6 August, 2013 - 8:35 AM
On yesterdays program you mentioned about a health medication for ear problems, could you please tell me what it was.Warren Misso Tuesday 6 August, 2013 - 7:00 AM
Please can you inform me what Gerald said today about taking health medication for ear problems. Apparently he suggested one thing on today program Monday 5/8/2013Susan Jones Monday 5 August, 2013 - 3:33 PM
Hi Gerald, I am having terrible trouble with my heel spurs(Plantaficiitis?) and recently you spoke of a Blackmores professional product to take to help this condition. Can you tell me the full name and the dosage.
Thank youMary Thursday 1 August, 2013 - 4:11 PM
Could you please give me the name of the product which will help me keep infections at bay whilst I am in Germany and Austria in December.
I think you have said it helps strengthen your immune system.
Thanks, Karen AdamKaren Adam Friday 26 July, 2013 - 11:59 PM
Can you please tell me what to take for congestion at the bottom of my throat. Every morning I have to cough up this phlegm.
I don't have dairy however I my job involves constant talking which does not help.
I would appreciate your advise.Anne Monday 22 July, 2013 - 4:18 PM