- Jim’s cheat sheet, March 7
- Moomba royalty graces the airwaves!
- One woman’s frightening affair with pokies
- All Is Lost: Interview with director JC Chandor
- Handbag wonder from down under
- New release movie reviews – March 6
- Paula Abdul talks success with Denis Walter
- Winter Olympians gear up for Grand Prix
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Martin on Model sacked, told her bum's too big Ms Nicole is perfect, when will these designers realise men want meat not sticks. more
- Tracy Johnson on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch Mark Andrew is one of a kind.With all is characters is best known for Elvis,in my views he is the best. more
- ian on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch I had seen Mark on several occasions and to tell you he is great more
- Robert Rich on Back to the future for Moomba This is a joke !!!!!!! more
- Heather on Back to the future for Moomba Oh so wrong!!! Am sick of Bert being treated like a demi god. He's had his turn and would have thought he would do decent ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Back to the future for Moomba once was enough,BUT not twice....why do we need to pamper this old tv worker.......Abbott is going back to the Howard days, ... more
- Jane on Back to the future for Moomba Oh spare me. Newton again. "Clown" hall does it again. How about honouring the CFA instead or someone like Moira Kelly for ... more
- ian on Back to the future for Moomba This would have the worst decision since the people voted Gillard in a P/M. more
- Jill on Back to the future for Moomba I would rather applaud our CFA during the Moomba Parade, than Bert Newton. Maybe we can applaud Bert Newton come Logie time. more
- Christine on Back to the future for Moomba You've got to be kidding ! more
- Alison Horner on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon could you please advise washing microfibre cleaning cloths indicate no softness or bleach products to be used. ... more
- Craig on Chuck Berry takes a dive Ummmm.. Looks like he had a parachute on too... Nothing to see here. more
- ian on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Any witnesses. more
- Grant O'Connor on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Do you seriously need to ask that question?What do you think Dennis? Anyone who slaps a strangers child deserves to slapped ... more
- David on Have young people lost their manners? Yes.. Especially younger women. If you open a door for them or give them a compliment these days they automatically assume ... more
- Gloss on Weatherman's approaching low front Bloody Beautiful, should be more of it. more
- Garry on Have young people lost their manners? People are not only losing their manners,with the libs in government their also losing their jobs,wages and conditions...... more
- biggles on Aussies worried about their ... if you took Alcohol out of Australia ,,it would collapse more
- Aria Judilla on Weatherman's approaching low front Great work Cameron. The "journalist" is standing in a public area and he physically attacks somebody just for standing next ... more
- Steve on Weatherman's approaching low front I remember that one with Cameron and the idiot didn't come back for another one either >. more
Health with Gerald Quigley
Our Australia Day theme was one of empowerment, the ability of each individual in Australia to become involved in their own health.
We shouldn’t need Government sponsored messages about the simplistic jingo language such as “if you do this, then that will happen”.
Today’s callers wanted to know:
- Carpel tunnel syndrome – a build-up of fluid in the wrist joint, putting pressure on the nerve channels and causing tingling and pain. Vitamin B6, 25mg each day, along with vitamin C with bioflavonoids, 1000mg twice a day will help with the discomfort. Applying ThermaLife Cream stops the pain.
- Best information for arthritis can be found at www.livingwitharthritis.com.au Information there explains the benefits of Nagesic Forte – the turmeric based anti-inflammatory which mimics the effects of the prescription-based options that come with a raft of adverse effects. Dose of Nagesic Forte is ONE each day, every day. ThermaLife cream can be applied as required.
- Wounds which won’t heal require investigation. Whether it’s from surgery or an injury, healing is an important process. If it’s not happening, a doctor needs to be involved.
- Sunscreens are an important part of our outdoors environment in Australia. They are best applied twenty minutes before sun exposure, on normal temperature skin, in appropriate quantities to give maximum protection.
- Parachoc is a chocolate flavoured version of paraffin oil and is a commonly prescribed laxative for children. Iberogast is a herbal option which normalizes digestive function, and is a safe option for all ages because it supports the digestion of laxative-type foods like prunes and rhubarb, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- CoEnzyme Q10 is really a “miracle nutrient” in that it is essential for life. As adults we don’t make enough. Low levels of coenzyme Q10 cause fatigue and muscle weakness, such as that caused by cholesterol lowering drugs. Usual adult dose is 150mg in capsule form once a day.
3AW Afternoons provides a feast of entertainment and helpful information between 12 and 3pm every Monday to Friday. Denis Walter, one of 3AW's favourites, hosts the program each day - with highlights regularly uploaded to 3AW.com.au.
Gerald, I was driving in the car when you briefly mentioned a help for tinnitus in the ear. The noise is driving me crazy! Please let me know if there is anything else as well.
Thank youVictoria Tuesday 6 August, 2013 - 8:35 AM
On yesterdays program you mentioned about a health medication for ear problems, could you please tell me what it was.Warren Misso Tuesday 6 August, 2013 - 7:00 AM
Please can you inform me what Gerald said today about taking health medication for ear problems. Apparently he suggested one thing on today program Monday 5/8/2013Susan Jones Monday 5 August, 2013 - 3:33 PM
Hi Gerald, I am having terrible trouble with my heel spurs(Plantaficiitis?) and recently you spoke of a Blackmores professional product to take to help this condition. Can you tell me the full name and the dosage.
Thank youMary Thursday 1 August, 2013 - 4:11 PM
Could you please give me the name of the product which will help me keep infections at bay whilst I am in Germany and Austria in December.
I think you have said it helps strengthen your immune system.
Thanks, Karen AdamKaren Adam Friday 26 July, 2013 - 11:59 PM
Can you please tell me what to take for congestion at the bottom of my throat. Every morning I have to cough up this phlegm.
I don't have dairy however I my job involves constant talking which does not help.
I would appreciate your advise.Anne Monday 22 July, 2013 - 4:18 PM