- Jim’s cheat sheet, March 7
- Moomba royalty graces the airwaves!
- One woman’s frightening affair with pokies
- All Is Lost: Interview with director JC Chandor
- Handbag wonder from down under
- New release movie reviews – March 6
- Paula Abdul talks success with Denis Walter
- Winter Olympians gear up for Grand Prix
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Martin on Model sacked, told her bum's too big Ms Nicole is perfect, when will these designers realise men want meat not sticks. more
- Tracy Johnson on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch Mark Andrew is one of a kind.With all is characters is best known for Elvis,in my views he is the best. more
- ian on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch I had seen Mark on several occasions and to tell you he is great more
- Robert Rich on Back to the future for Moomba This is a joke !!!!!!! more
- Heather on Back to the future for Moomba Oh so wrong!!! Am sick of Bert being treated like a demi god. He's had his turn and would have thought he would do decent ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Back to the future for Moomba once was enough,BUT not twice....why do we need to pamper this old tv worker.......Abbott is going back to the Howard days, ... more
- Jane on Back to the future for Moomba Oh spare me. Newton again. "Clown" hall does it again. How about honouring the CFA instead or someone like Moira Kelly for ... more
- ian on Back to the future for Moomba This would have the worst decision since the people voted Gillard in a P/M. more
- Jill on Back to the future for Moomba I would rather applaud our CFA during the Moomba Parade, than Bert Newton. Maybe we can applaud Bert Newton come Logie time. more
- Christine on Back to the future for Moomba You've got to be kidding ! more
- Alison Horner on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon could you please advise washing microfibre cleaning cloths indicate no softness or bleach products to be used. ... more
- Craig on Chuck Berry takes a dive Ummmm.. Looks like he had a parachute on too... Nothing to see here. more
- ian on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Any witnesses. more
- Grant O'Connor on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Do you seriously need to ask that question?What do you think Dennis? Anyone who slaps a strangers child deserves to slapped ... more
- David on Have young people lost their manners? Yes.. Especially younger women. If you open a door for them or give them a compliment these days they automatically assume ... more
- Gloss on Weatherman's approaching low front Bloody Beautiful, should be more of it. more
- Garry on Have young people lost their manners? People are not only losing their manners,with the libs in government their also losing their jobs,wages and conditions...... more
- biggles on Aussies worried about their ... if you took Alcohol out of Australia ,,it would collapse more
- Aria Judilla on Weatherman's approaching low front Great work Cameron. The "journalist" is standing in a public area and he physically attacks somebody just for standing next ... more
- Steve on Weatherman's approaching low front I remember that one with Cameron and the idiot didn't come back for another one either >. more
Lola Berry's weeds you can eat!
Ever thought about growing your own edible weeds? It’s cheap and easy! Lola Berry identifies which plants you can pull out of your garden and put onto your plate.
- jam packed full of goodies
- rich source of magnesium and vitamin C, not to mention potassium!
- it's a little bitter in flavour and great for your liver
- stimulates bile flow
- can drink nettle leaves in tea form too!
- I love this stuff we can eat the leaves and the roots, and they both do different things!
- leaves: work on the kidneys and are greta for getting rid of any fluid in the body
- the root: you can get roasted or un-roasted is super bitter and helps the body do a mini liver detox.
- lots of coffee drinkers love the dany root, as it's very earthy and bitter in flavour!
- this stuff is awesome to lower gut digestion
- you can eat the whole plant (who would have known it's technically a weed)
- the bulb is great roasted
- the tops are awesome in salads
- the seeds are lovely in teas and baking
- really great cure for wind and bloated tummies!
- it's also known as marigold
- this stuff had been used for yonks for topical wounds.
- great anti-inflammatory properties
- mildly anti-microbial
- looks pretty in a salad too
- this weed is used lots in Greek cooking
- it's an old school weed that has a really high omega 3 content!
- it's also a great source of vitamin A, which is awesome for eye-sight!
RECIPE: Nettle, fig and pistachio salad with balsamic dressing
- 4 handfuls of nettle leaves
- 100 g of roughly chopped pistachios
- 4 big fresh figs
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of pink himalayan salt (or any good quality rock salt)
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Start by rinsing your salad levels, then bring a pot of slightly salted water to the boil and blanch the nettle leaves for 4-5 mins, then place in cold water to stop the cooking process. As they cool those through your chopped pistachios, and tear up your fresh figs. then mix together balsamic, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Dress your salad and you're good to go!