- LIVE from the Queen Victoria Market
- Jim Schembri's movie poster parodies
- New release movie reviews - December 5
- Sinatra's newest album release
- Human Nature sings 'Silent Night'
- Jim's Cheat Sheet, November 29
- The show must go on
- School bans girls wearing shorts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Leeanne on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hello, is it possible I could ask shannon lush 2 questions please?I accidentally put a spot of whiteout on the console In my ... more
- micaelthemick on Essential guide to the Hollywood ... News Limited with the unpaid blue uniform lover and liberal /np tryhard , acting as unpaid public relations .The McCarthyism ... more
- Christine on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss That's great, congratulations. And I changed my hair colour last week - who cares ! more
- Shane W on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Now that's how a real woman should look! Congratulations. more
- Elizabeth Howatt on Jim's cheat sheet- Nov 22 Can someone please tell me which is the video shop that Jim Schembri recommends for classic and hard to find DVDs more
- Jacinta on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Congratulations Mahalia!an amazing result - good on you! more
- Catherine on David Campbell chats with Denis Walter Don't we have anyone in Melbourne capable of fulfilling this task? more
- Jim Schembri on New release movie reviews - November 22 Hello Michael. You've totally got me! Having just said how brilliant and well-known he is, I go ahead and get Jim ... more
- Kerry on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon and Dennis xMy dogs have urinated on my floor boards they are natural not stained and have left terrible white ... more
- Donna Lee on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon,I have your spotless book but am unsure of how to handle a stain of scuff marks on my carpet. I'm not sure what ... more
- Michael Dalton on New release movie reviews - November 22 With regards to your FILTH review, it is actually Jim Broadbent, not David. more
- Dolores Styring on Around the home with Shannon Lush Have dots of glue on my Formica bench. Could you suggest some remedy. Would be very grateful. Dolores Styring more
- mandy on JFK The Movie: Fact vs Myth JFK The Final 24 Hours was an interesting incite. Foxtel National Geographic. more
- mandy on Linda Blair with Denis Walter One of the best horror movies of all time a great cast. more
- mandy on Remembering President John F. Kennedy ... The Kennedy's had a lot of skeletons in their closests they were far from perfect. The doco I was impressed by was JFK. The ... more
- Fed up paramedic on Woman waits two hours for ambulance If the privately run dispatching service would just tell patients there cas is deemed not a life threatening emergency and ... more
- Christine on Woman waits two hours for ambulance @ Ambo. With due respect the cases we hear are very serious and not paper cuts. The system is not working and people are ... more
- Ambo on Woman waits two hours for ambulance Christine, in one way I agree; but then I disagree. If the system wasn't clogged by a ludicrous call-taking and dispatch ... more
- stuart keele on JFK The Movie: Fact vs Myth jim Schembri you're living in la la land if you think JFK was killed by Lee Oswald "the lone gunman"He was hit in the throat ... more
- Christine on Woman waits two hours for ambulance Totally fed up with hearing about the pathetic ambulance service, which is anything but a service. I don't care whose fault ... more
Lola Berry's weeds you can eat!
Ever thought about growing your own edible weeds? It’s cheap and easy! Lola Berry identifies which plants you can pull out of your garden and put onto your plate.
- jam packed full of goodies
- rich source of magnesium and vitamin C, not to mention potassium!
- it's a little bitter in flavour and great for your liver
- stimulates bile flow
- can drink nettle leaves in tea form too!
- I love this stuff we can eat the leaves and the roots, and they both do different things!
- leaves: work on the kidneys and are greta for getting rid of any fluid in the body
- the root: you can get roasted or un-roasted is super bitter and helps the body do a mini liver detox.
- lots of coffee drinkers love the dany root, as it's very earthy and bitter in flavour!
- this stuff is awesome to lower gut digestion
- you can eat the whole plant (who would have known it's technically a weed)
- the bulb is great roasted
- the tops are awesome in salads
- the seeds are lovely in teas and baking
- really great cure for wind and bloated tummies!
- it's also known as marigold
- this stuff had been used for yonks for topical wounds.
- great anti-inflammatory properties
- mildly anti-microbial
- looks pretty in a salad too
- this weed is used lots in Greek cooking
- it's an old school weed that has a really high omega 3 content!
- it's also a great source of vitamin A, which is awesome for eye-sight!
RECIPE: Nettle, fig and pistachio salad with balsamic dressing
- 4 handfuls of nettle leaves
- 100 g of roughly chopped pistachios
- 4 big fresh figs
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of pink himalayan salt (or any good quality rock salt)
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Start by rinsing your salad levels, then bring a pot of slightly salted water to the boil and blanch the nettle leaves for 4-5 mins, then place in cold water to stop the cooking process. As they cool those through your chopped pistachios, and tear up your fresh figs. then mix together balsamic, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Dress your salad and you're good to go!