- What’s the best type of property to buy?
- Jim Schembri's cheat sheet - 17 May
- Fast facts: Dick Van Dyke
- New release movie reviews - May 17
- Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter
- Denis Walter and 'Postman Pat' at the World Stamp Show
- New movie release reviews - May 9
- Sunrise girls and their not-so-glamourous mornings
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Popi on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi ShannonHow do I remove nail polish from carpet.CheersPopi more
- Lynne on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi,My female cat has a problem with weeing in a corner of the house. I was wondering what can I use to remove the smell? ... more
- Jeff on Will Movie 43 be the Worst Film of '13? go watch transformers if you want to see the spectacular battle scenes. that isn't what the movie is about. and you're ... more
- Yvonne Guerra on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi ShannonI have a damp wet smell inside my dryer and want to know what I can use to rid this smellThanks in advance :) more
- Wendy on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter Fantastic! I love listening to Casey, but love watching her sing even more. I must book......NOW! more
- Lyn on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter Her versatility is just mind blowing! Is there nothing she can't do? Casey connects to her lyric and takes her audiences ... more
- Shelley Blew on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, Can you please help me to remove the sticky residue from airport stickers off an ostrich skin barrel bag. more
- Kere on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter This is a fine example of why this woman is my favourite singer EVER. From Metallica to Mama Cass, she shines and channels ... more
- Debbie May on Around the home with Shannon Lush We have recently built a new home and have bamboo click together floorboards. Some tradie has walked something through which ... more
- jane on Around the home with Shannon Lush HELP please ShannonI have ironed an iron on number onto the back of my sons footy jumper and it has wrinkled. I need to ... more
- John Twomey on New release movie reviews - 21 March Marie,As I hope you have found by now, "The Cruel Sea" is available through Amazon.com at ... more
- John Twomey on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Wow. That kind of ... sucked, to be honest. And for anyone who says, "Oh, I suppose you could do it better" ... yes, as a ... more
- abdul the "turkish bath"(er) on Renee Geyer with Billy Pinnell She's a class act I saw her at the Albion in South Melb, now the butchered plastic joint called the Motel.Get to see her ... more
- Yvonne McCaig on Health with Gerald Quigley Hi Gerald,Could you please tell me what to take for weak finger nails that also have ugly ridges?Kind regardsYvonne more
- Pru on Sunrise girls and their ... Heard this Barr piece comment one time she is so tired in the afternoon, she feels like belting the kids at 4.00 p.m. more
- Michelle on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, we had my daughters 18th on the weekend and we hired a slushie machine. Just my luck someone who was rather ... more
- Caroline on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, I placed my dark wet washing on top of the wet light colours and I have had a black pair of jeans leave dye on a ... more
- Chris Hutton on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon On 7/5/13 you answered a question in relation to cleaning Scanpan cookware - I missed most of your answer but ... more
- Colleen on Health with Gerald Quigley My hisband has been ill bronchitis and pneunomia for about 3 weeks. Could you please repeat the supplements you suggested ... more
- the serial pest on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Why was this not authorised by me first? more
Winner of the April 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the April 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
Photography by Design
Craig Wetjen has been a professional photographer for 25 years in both Melbourne and the United States. Quite notably, he was employed at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratories as a photographer for the Mars Pathfinder and Cassini projects.
16 years ago he moved to Australia teaching photography and digital imaging at RMIT Melbourne (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) where he was pivotal in the establishment of the first cutting-edge digital photography course.
Craig has gone on to establish himself as one of the leaders in wedding photography in Melbourne, but he also specialises in portraits of families.
His passion borders on obsessive, and he is intent on capturing emotional, meaningful moments of our lives. Many of Craig’s clients meet him initially for their wedding photography at the home based welcoming studio, but then bring him back to take maternity photography, baby photography and family photography.
Craig’s wife, Jo Wetjen has a background in customer service focus, and now translates those skills into her roles as assistant and studio manager at Photography by Design. Her amiable manner puts clients at ease, knowing they’re working with kind, fun and sensitive people.
Craig and Jo have combined their skills into a unique photographic experience, and clients are certain to receive the high quality of fine art photography that Craig creates, and the close, attentive customer service that Jo practices. Their joined forces result in photography that stands out for creativity, artistry and a portrayal of real emotion.
Of particular note is Photography by Designs unique point of difference. Most weddings have a photographer and most Brides, Grooms and their families receive the photo album long after the wedding and with no opportunity for the guests to join in the fun and to see the end result. Craig puts together a slideshow of the photographs taken on the day and shows it on a screen at the reception. The slideshow combines all the pre wedding preparations and jitters through to the photographs in locations taken between wedding and reception. The end result is full of joy, passion and laughter. The approach allows all those that attend the reception to see the moments they were involved with and also share in the moments that where they weren’t around.
SBMS was impressed with this approach and saw it as highlighting how small businesses with an entrepreneurial bent can make the best use of their skills, a captive audience and a moment, to promote their business and to seek those that view their product to act as their promoters.
Photography by Design’s commitment to quality, entrepreneurial skills, unique approach to service delivery and general passion for his craft make them a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.