- New release movie reviews - December 5
- Sinatra's newest album release
- Human Nature sings 'Silent Night'
- Jim's Cheat Sheet, November 29
- The show must go on
- School bans girls wearing shorts
- Eric Bana joins Denis Walter
- The Hollies coming to Australia
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Leeanne on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hello, is it possible I could ask shannon lush 2 questions please?I accidentally put a spot of whiteout on the console In my ... more
- micaelthemick on Essential guide to the Hollywood ... News Limited with the unpaid blue uniform lover and liberal /np tryhard , acting as unpaid public relations .The McCarthyism ... more
- Christine on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss That's great, congratulations. And I changed my hair colour last week - who cares ! more
- Shane W on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Now that's how a real woman should look! Congratulations. more
- Elizabeth Howatt on Jim's cheat sheet- Nov 22 Can someone please tell me which is the video shop that Jim Schembri recommends for classic and hard to find DVDs more
- Jacinta on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Congratulations Mahalia!an amazing result - good on you! more
- Catherine on David Campbell chats with Denis Walter Don't we have anyone in Melbourne capable of fulfilling this task? more
- Jim Schembri on New release movie reviews - November 22 Hello Michael. You've totally got me! Having just said how brilliant and well-known he is, I go ahead and get Jim ... more
- Kerry on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon and Dennis xMy dogs have urinated on my floor boards they are natural not stained and have left terrible white ... more
- Donna Lee on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon,I have your spotless book but am unsure of how to handle a stain of scuff marks on my carpet. I'm not sure what ... more
- Michael Dalton on New release movie reviews - November 22 With regards to your FILTH review, it is actually Jim Broadbent, not David. more
- Dolores Styring on Around the home with Shannon Lush Have dots of glue on my Formica bench. Could you suggest some remedy. Would be very grateful. Dolores Styring more
- mandy on JFK The Movie: Fact vs Myth JFK The Final 24 Hours was an interesting incite. Foxtel National Geographic. more
- mandy on Linda Blair with Denis Walter One of the best horror movies of all time a great cast. more
- mandy on Remembering President John F. Kennedy ... The Kennedy's had a lot of skeletons in their closests they were far from perfect. The doco I was impressed by was JFK. The ... more
- Fed up paramedic on Woman waits two hours for ambulance If the privately run dispatching service would just tell patients there cas is deemed not a life threatening emergency and ... more
- Christine on Woman waits two hours for ambulance @ Ambo. With due respect the cases we hear are very serious and not paper cuts. The system is not working and people are ... more
- Ambo on Woman waits two hours for ambulance Christine, in one way I agree; but then I disagree. If the system wasn't clogged by a ludicrous call-taking and dispatch ... more
- stuart keele on JFK The Movie: Fact vs Myth jim Schembri you're living in la la land if you think JFK was killed by Lee Oswald "the lone gunman"He was hit in the throat ... more
- Christine on Woman waits two hours for ambulance Totally fed up with hearing about the pathetic ambulance service, which is anything but a service. I don't care whose fault ... more
Winner of the April 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the April 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
Photography by Design
Craig Wetjen has been a professional photographer for 25 years in both Melbourne and the United States. Quite notably, he was employed at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratories as a photographer for the Mars Pathfinder and Cassini projects.
16 years ago he moved to Australia teaching photography and digital imaging at RMIT Melbourne (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) where he was pivotal in the establishment of the first cutting-edge digital photography course.
Craig has gone on to establish himself as one of the leaders in wedding photography in Melbourne, but he also specialises in portraits of families.
His passion borders on obsessive, and he is intent on capturing emotional, meaningful moments of our lives. Many of Craig’s clients meet him initially for their wedding photography at the home based welcoming studio, but then bring him back to take maternity photography, baby photography and family photography.
Craig’s wife, Jo Wetjen has a background in customer service focus, and now translates those skills into her roles as assistant and studio manager at Photography by Design. Her amiable manner puts clients at ease, knowing they’re working with kind, fun and sensitive people.
Craig and Jo have combined their skills into a unique photographic experience, and clients are certain to receive the high quality of fine art photography that Craig creates, and the close, attentive customer service that Jo practices. Their joined forces result in photography that stands out for creativity, artistry and a portrayal of real emotion.
Of particular note is Photography by Designs unique point of difference. Most weddings have a photographer and most Brides, Grooms and their families receive the photo album long after the wedding and with no opportunity for the guests to join in the fun and to see the end result. Craig puts together a slideshow of the photographs taken on the day and shows it on a screen at the reception. The slideshow combines all the pre wedding preparations and jitters through to the photographs in locations taken between wedding and reception. The end result is full of joy, passion and laughter. The approach allows all those that attend the reception to see the moments they were involved with and also share in the moments that where they weren’t around.
SBMS was impressed with this approach and saw it as highlighting how small businesses with an entrepreneurial bent can make the best use of their skills, a captive audience and a moment, to promote their business and to seek those that view their product to act as their promoters.
Photography by Design’s commitment to quality, entrepreneurial skills, unique approach to service delivery and general passion for his craft make them a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.