- Four generations of August 15
- MIFF highlights - Aug 15
- Jim's cheat sheet - Aug 15
- Champion Fred Cook joins Denis Walter
- Neighbourhood Watch launches kids program
- New release movie reviews - 7 August
- Kat Stewart joins Denis Walter
- Super saver Wendy joins Denis
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Jackson on Family Feud error: Ride or Bride? Nah im hearing "ride" den! Good to see you keeping denya on his toes though! Hey our house stops like a melb cup race every ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Cold enough for you? WELL IT IS WINTER AFTER ALL.....WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.... more
- Gazza on Meet Skippy, the white kangaroo I pass one most days south of the Mernda pub,big mobs there and whitey stands out like a beacon.. more
- Jo on Jim Keays dies, aged 67 R. I. P. Jim Keayes. Sympathy to his daughter, Russell Morris and many friends. more
- Gloria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Who cares if he is a good dancer or not, he certainly is a good looking bloke, lucky you Amanda. more
- Caroline on Can Pat Panetta dance? Kids will love it for a little while longer...thennnnnnn..........er....."God Dads embarrassing". more
- Maria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Sorry Pat....... The hands are a bit........ Girly more
- Frances Holmes on Can Pat Panetta dance? Amanda may hate the hands, but unfortunately Pat that's all you've got moving! more
- Pedrao on Can Pat Panetta dance? You dance like a typical white boy. As a youth, you'de have no chance on scoring. As an old man; who cares.Ã¯Â»Â¿ more
- Brad on Can Pat Panetta dance? He looks to enjoying himself and looks natural doing it, so who cares if its good or bad dancing. hahahaCheers Brad ... more
- anna on Can Pat Panetta dance? Pat, no you can't dance. We would like to here the music tho so we can see if your in beat more
- Jude on Can Pat Panetta dance? NO Pat - you cant dance - you dance like my husband!!!!:( :( :( more
- H on Dami Im joins Denis Walter Thanks for having Dami on your show. That was a very good interview, Good questions, Good answers. 3AW, please play her ... more
- kerrie on Denis Walter live from New York Hi Dennis went too new york may 2013 with husband had a great time there check out ellens star dust diner and visit the soup ... more
- Tim on Denis Walter live from New York No wonder that lady named Judy didn't recognise the song you sang to her! She may have if you used the correct words Denis! ... more
- Noel on Denis Walter live from New York Great listening to you in New York.I am reliving my visit and taking note of the sights you are seeing and I hope to see, ... more
- Roger on Denis Walter live from New York Dennis I rang you on live radio about the New York Yacht Club next door to the Sofitel but if you get down to Wall St ... more
- di padgett on Denis Walter live from New York go have a baileys milkshake at Bills Burgers Rockerfellar and do the underground tour of rockerfellar more
- Elizabeth Bull on Denis Walter live from New York Hi Dennis, your lucky to be in New York. I was leaving to go there and hurricane sandy hit and l unfortunately had to ... more
- Ahmed on Denis Walter live from New York What's the story with the naked lady, what does she do? more
Winner of the April 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the April 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
Photography by Design
Craig Wetjen has been a professional photographer for 25 years in both Melbourne and the United States. Quite notably, he was employed at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratories as a photographer for the Mars Pathfinder and Cassini projects.
16 years ago he moved to Australia teaching photography and digital imaging at RMIT Melbourne (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) where he was pivotal in the establishment of the first cutting-edge digital photography course.
Craig has gone on to establish himself as one of the leaders in wedding photography in Melbourne, but he also specialises in portraits of families.
His passion borders on obsessive, and he is intent on capturing emotional, meaningful moments of our lives. Many of Craig’s clients meet him initially for their wedding photography at the home based welcoming studio, but then bring him back to take maternity photography, baby photography and family photography.
Craig’s wife, Jo Wetjen has a background in customer service focus, and now translates those skills into her roles as assistant and studio manager at Photography by Design. Her amiable manner puts clients at ease, knowing they’re working with kind, fun and sensitive people.
Craig and Jo have combined their skills into a unique photographic experience, and clients are certain to receive the high quality of fine art photography that Craig creates, and the close, attentive customer service that Jo practices. Their joined forces result in photography that stands out for creativity, artistry and a portrayal of real emotion.
Of particular note is Photography by Designs unique point of difference. Most weddings have a photographer and most Brides, Grooms and their families receive the photo album long after the wedding and with no opportunity for the guests to join in the fun and to see the end result. Craig puts together a slideshow of the photographs taken on the day and shows it on a screen at the reception. The slideshow combines all the pre wedding preparations and jitters through to the photographs in locations taken between wedding and reception. The end result is full of joy, passion and laughter. The approach allows all those that attend the reception to see the moments they were involved with and also share in the moments that where they weren’t around.
SBMS was impressed with this approach and saw it as highlighting how small businesses with an entrepreneurial bent can make the best use of their skills, a captive audience and a moment, to promote their business and to seek those that view their product to act as their promoters.
Photography by Design’s commitment to quality, entrepreneurial skills, unique approach to service delivery and general passion for his craft make them a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.