- Lucy Lawless joins Darren James
- Marcia Hines releases 'Amazing' new album
- Hey Dad! cast feeling 'a little numb'
- Dan Sultan releases 'Blackbird'
- Secret revealed: how to deal with rude customers
- I'm not a look-alike!
- Melissa Doyle releases 'Alphabet Soup'
- Petula Clark: 'I want to get better'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CJG on New release movie reviews - April 1 Gareth Edwards is the director of Godzilla, not Gareth Evans. more
- Like Kisses of thread on New release movie reviews - April 1 The director attached to the Godzilla film is actually Gareth Edwards, not Gareth Evans.Lazy. more
- Spaghetti on New release movie reviews - April 1 No big deal, unless you're them, surely, but Gareth Edwards is directing Godzilla. more
- Barney on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Denis. have you heard of the kick start diet or the soup diet. you eat their recipe of vegetable soup for a number of ... more
- ian on Kate Ceberano shares her story Has she got an New Release coming out.????? more
- Milton on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Good luck with that one Denis:) more
- Jodi V on Victoria's oldest Ironman competitor Well done Mr Barnes. I remember you from high school running. So inspiring to see you are still at it. Jodi more
- Martin on Model sacked, told her bum's too big Ms Nicole is perfect, when will these designers realise men want meat not sticks. more
- Tracy Johnson on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch Mark Andrew is one of a kind.With all is characters is best known for Elvis,in my views he is the best. more
- ian on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch I had seen Mark on several occasions and to tell you he is great more
- Robert Rich on Back to the future for Moomba This is a joke !!!!!!! more
- Heather on Back to the future for Moomba Oh so wrong!!! Am sick of Bert being treated like a demi god. He's had his turn and would have thought he would do decent ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Back to the future for Moomba once was enough,BUT not twice....why do we need to pamper this old tv worker.......Abbott is going back to the Howard days, ... more
- Jane on Back to the future for Moomba Oh spare me. Newton again. "Clown" hall does it again. How about honouring the CFA instead or someone like Moira Kelly for ... more
- ian on Back to the future for Moomba This would have the worst decision since the people voted Gillard in a P/M. more
- Jill on Back to the future for Moomba I would rather applaud our CFA during the Moomba Parade, than Bert Newton. Maybe we can applaud Bert Newton come Logie time. more
- Christine on Back to the future for Moomba You've got to be kidding ! more
- Alison Horner on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon could you please advise washing microfibre cleaning cloths indicate no softness or bleach products to be used. ... more
- Craig on Chuck Berry takes a dive Ummmm.. Looks like he had a parachute on too... Nothing to see here. more
- ian on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Any witnesses. more
Winner of the April 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the April 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
Photography by Design
Craig Wetjen has been a professional photographer for 25 years in both Melbourne and the United States. Quite notably, he was employed at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratories as a photographer for the Mars Pathfinder and Cassini projects.
16 years ago he moved to Australia teaching photography and digital imaging at RMIT Melbourne (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) where he was pivotal in the establishment of the first cutting-edge digital photography course.
Craig has gone on to establish himself as one of the leaders in wedding photography in Melbourne, but he also specialises in portraits of families.
His passion borders on obsessive, and he is intent on capturing emotional, meaningful moments of our lives. Many of Craig’s clients meet him initially for their wedding photography at the home based welcoming studio, but then bring him back to take maternity photography, baby photography and family photography.
Craig’s wife, Jo Wetjen has a background in customer service focus, and now translates those skills into her roles as assistant and studio manager at Photography by Design. Her amiable manner puts clients at ease, knowing they’re working with kind, fun and sensitive people.
Craig and Jo have combined their skills into a unique photographic experience, and clients are certain to receive the high quality of fine art photography that Craig creates, and the close, attentive customer service that Jo practices. Their joined forces result in photography that stands out for creativity, artistry and a portrayal of real emotion.
Of particular note is Photography by Designs unique point of difference. Most weddings have a photographer and most Brides, Grooms and their families receive the photo album long after the wedding and with no opportunity for the guests to join in the fun and to see the end result. Craig puts together a slideshow of the photographs taken on the day and shows it on a screen at the reception. The slideshow combines all the pre wedding preparations and jitters through to the photographs in locations taken between wedding and reception. The end result is full of joy, passion and laughter. The approach allows all those that attend the reception to see the moments they were involved with and also share in the moments that where they weren’t around.
SBMS was impressed with this approach and saw it as highlighting how small businesses with an entrepreneurial bent can make the best use of their skills, a captive audience and a moment, to promote their business and to seek those that view their product to act as their promoters.
Photography by Design’s commitment to quality, entrepreneurial skills, unique approach to service delivery and general passion for his craft make them a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.