- Lucy Lawless joins Darren James
- Marcia Hines releases 'Amazing' new album
- Hey Dad! cast feeling 'a little numb'
- Dan Sultan releases 'Blackbird'
- Secret revealed: how to deal with rude customers
- I'm not a look-alike!
- Melissa Doyle releases 'Alphabet Soup'
- Petula Clark: 'I want to get better'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CJG on New release movie reviews - April 1 Gareth Edwards is the director of Godzilla, not Gareth Evans. more
- Like Kisses of thread on New release movie reviews - April 1 The director attached to the Godzilla film is actually Gareth Edwards, not Gareth Evans.Lazy. more
- Spaghetti on New release movie reviews - April 1 No big deal, unless you're them, surely, but Gareth Edwards is directing Godzilla. more
- Barney on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Denis. have you heard of the kick start diet or the soup diet. you eat their recipe of vegetable soup for a number of ... more
- ian on Kate Ceberano shares her story Has she got an New Release coming out.????? more
- Milton on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Good luck with that one Denis:) more
- Jodi V on Victoria's oldest Ironman competitor Well done Mr Barnes. I remember you from high school running. So inspiring to see you are still at it. Jodi more
- Martin on Model sacked, told her bum's too big Ms Nicole is perfect, when will these designers realise men want meat not sticks. more
- Tracy Johnson on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch Mark Andrew is one of a kind.With all is characters is best known for Elvis,in my views he is the best. more
- ian on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch I had seen Mark on several occasions and to tell you he is great more
- Robert Rich on Back to the future for Moomba This is a joke !!!!!!! more
- Heather on Back to the future for Moomba Oh so wrong!!! Am sick of Bert being treated like a demi god. He's had his turn and would have thought he would do decent ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Back to the future for Moomba once was enough,BUT not twice....why do we need to pamper this old tv worker.......Abbott is going back to the Howard days, ... more
- Jane on Back to the future for Moomba Oh spare me. Newton again. "Clown" hall does it again. How about honouring the CFA instead or someone like Moira Kelly for ... more
- ian on Back to the future for Moomba This would have the worst decision since the people voted Gillard in a P/M. more
- Jill on Back to the future for Moomba I would rather applaud our CFA during the Moomba Parade, than Bert Newton. Maybe we can applaud Bert Newton come Logie time. more
- Christine on Back to the future for Moomba You've got to be kidding ! more
- Alison Horner on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon could you please advise washing microfibre cleaning cloths indicate no softness or bleach products to be used. ... more
- Craig on Chuck Berry takes a dive Ummmm.. Looks like he had a parachute on too... Nothing to see here. more
- ian on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Any witnesses. more
Winner of the June 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the June 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
The Grand on Cathies Lane
The transition from an aging, dilapidated venue to an elegantly appointed function centre has been a gradual process. The Owner of The Grand, Jude, tells us that It started over five years ago when they identified a need for a function venue ready to take on its competitors and offer unforgettable experiences for schools and businesses in the south eastern suburbs.
The potential of The Grand on Cathies Lane was realised immediately; situated on 4.5 acres with the capacity to cater up to 600 guests, the venue boasts an open plan pillarless room with unobstructed views to an elevated stage and has onsite parking for up to 280 car spaces.
It has taken years of hard work to build their client base, but build it they have. As a family owned business they built their reputation by cultivating relationships based on trust and flexibility and by exceeding the expectations of their customers. The end result is a loyal and growing clientele. Today over 90% of our schools have rebooked functions with us over three consecutive years.
As with all successful businesses, The Grand’s people are their best advertisement. From the front of house and serving staff, to the chef and authentic cooks, the colloquially named “grandsters” are outstanding. Embracing the philosophy of family, they are dedicated to being the best they can be for the customers and are truly the Grand’s biggest success measure.
Today The Grand of Cathies Lane has a vision to be the leading and preferred venue in the south eastern suburbs for school, corporate and social functions. They aim to be the benchmark for their industry and their momentum continues to grow.
SBMS was impressed with the passion of Jude and his team. The desire to create a business that respects its surrounds, the neighbourhood and the clientele while providing a first class event with first class service will serve the Grand well.
The Grand on Cathies Lane are a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.
SBMS would like to congratulate Jude and his team on developing the business and wish them, every future success.
The Grand on Cathies Lane
90 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC
Phone: (03) 9800 1836
We have had many a happy time at The Grand on Cathies lane through a series of school and work functions. No one can top them for their dedication or willingness to please their customers.
Well done to Jude, Kris and the wonderful team at The Grand.A Gregory Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 10:51 PM