- Does washing powder damage skin?
- Paul Hogan chats with Darren James
- LIVE from the Queen Victoria Market
- Jim Schembri's movie poster parodies
- New release movie reviews - December 5
- Sinatra's newest album release
- Human Nature sings 'Silent Night'
- Jim's Cheat Sheet, November 29
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Amy Symons on Around the home with Shannon Lush How do I get rid of the smell of spilt milk / ice coffee spilt under seat in car on carpet. more
- Di on LIVE from the Queen Victoria Market is there video or audio of the duet with Denis and Fenella? more
- Daniel James on LIVE from the Queen Victoria Market Great Show and it was a pleasure to be apart of it and sing Oh Holy Night. I was nearly going to ask Dennis to join me for ... more
- Rebecca on New release movie reviews - November 22 I rarely comment on reviews, but the inaccuracy of your Catching Fire review compelled me to do so.*Katniss did know about ... more
- Leeanne on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hello, is it possible I could ask shannon lush 2 questions please?I accidentally put a spot of whiteout on the console In my ... more
- micaelthemick on Essential guide to the Hollywood ... News Limited with the unpaid blue uniform lover and liberal /np tryhard , acting as unpaid public relations .The McCarthyism ... more
- Christine on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss That's great, congratulations. And I changed my hair colour last week - who cares ! more
- Shane W on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Now that's how a real woman should look! Congratulations. more
- Elizabeth Howatt on Jim's cheat sheet- Nov 22 Can someone please tell me which is the video shop that Jim Schembri recommends for classic and hard to find DVDs more
- Jacinta on Mahalia Barnes talks weight loss Congratulations Mahalia!an amazing result - good on you! more
- Catherine on David Campbell chats with Denis Walter Don't we have anyone in Melbourne capable of fulfilling this task? more
- Jim Schembri on New release movie reviews - November 22 Hello Michael. You've totally got me! Having just said how brilliant and well-known he is, I go ahead and get Jim ... more
- Kerry on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon and Dennis xMy dogs have urinated on my floor boards they are natural not stained and have left terrible white ... more
- Donna Lee on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon,I have your spotless book but am unsure of how to handle a stain of scuff marks on my carpet. I'm not sure what ... more
- Michael Dalton on New release movie reviews - November 22 With regards to your FILTH review, it is actually Jim Broadbent, not David. more
- Dolores Styring on Around the home with Shannon Lush Have dots of glue on my Formica bench. Could you suggest some remedy. Would be very grateful. Dolores Styring more
- mandy on JFK The Movie: Fact vs Myth JFK The Final 24 Hours was an interesting incite. Foxtel National Geographic. more
- mandy on Linda Blair with Denis Walter One of the best horror movies of all time a great cast. more
- mandy on Remembering President John F. Kennedy ... The Kennedy's had a lot of skeletons in their closests they were far from perfect. The doco I was impressed by was JFK. The ... more
- Fed up paramedic on Woman waits two hours for ambulance If the privately run dispatching service would just tell patients there cas is deemed not a life threatening emergency and ... more
Winner of the June 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the June 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
The Grand on Cathies Lane
The transition from an aging, dilapidated venue to an elegantly appointed function centre has been a gradual process. The Owner of The Grand, Jude, tells us that It started over five years ago when they identified a need for a function venue ready to take on its competitors and offer unforgettable experiences for schools and businesses in the south eastern suburbs.
The potential of The Grand on Cathies Lane was realised immediately; situated on 4.5 acres with the capacity to cater up to 600 guests, the venue boasts an open plan pillarless room with unobstructed views to an elevated stage and has onsite parking for up to 280 car spaces.
It has taken years of hard work to build their client base, but build it they have. As a family owned business they built their reputation by cultivating relationships based on trust and flexibility and by exceeding the expectations of their customers. The end result is a loyal and growing clientele. Today over 90% of our schools have rebooked functions with us over three consecutive years.
As with all successful businesses, The Grand’s people are their best advertisement. From the front of house and serving staff, to the chef and authentic cooks, the colloquially named “grandsters” are outstanding. Embracing the philosophy of family, they are dedicated to being the best they can be for the customers and are truly the Grand’s biggest success measure.
Today The Grand of Cathies Lane has a vision to be the leading and preferred venue in the south eastern suburbs for school, corporate and social functions. They aim to be the benchmark for their industry and their momentum continues to grow.
SBMS was impressed with the passion of Jude and his team. The desire to create a business that respects its surrounds, the neighbourhood and the clientele while providing a first class event with first class service will serve the Grand well.
The Grand on Cathies Lane are a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.
SBMS would like to congratulate Jude and his team on developing the business and wish them, every future success.
The Grand on Cathies Lane
90 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC
Phone: (03) 9800 1836
We have had many a happy time at The Grand on Cathies lane through a series of school and work functions. No one can top them for their dedication or willingness to please their customers.
Well done to Jude, Kris and the wonderful team at The Grand.A Gregory Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 10:51 PM