- Denis Walter live from the 'Dawn Princess'
- Korean(ish) Chicken Wings
- New release movie reviews, October 16
- Jim's Cheat Sheet, October 16
- Son of a Gun - Julius Avery
- New release movies, Oct 10
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Oct 10
- Top ten movie wives: the good, the bad and the ugly
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Jackson on Family Feud error: Ride or Bride? Nah im hearing "ride" den! Good to see you keeping denya on his toes though! Hey our house stops like a melb cup race every ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Cold enough for you? WELL IT IS WINTER AFTER ALL.....WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.... more
- Gazza on Meet Skippy, the white kangaroo I pass one most days south of the Mernda pub,big mobs there and whitey stands out like a beacon.. more
- Jo on Jim Keays dies, aged 67 R. I. P. Jim Keayes. Sympathy to his daughter, Russell Morris and many friends. more
- Gloria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Who cares if he is a good dancer or not, he certainly is a good looking bloke, lucky you Amanda. more
- Caroline on Can Pat Panetta dance? Kids will love it for a little while longer...thennnnnnn..........er....."God Dads embarrassing". more
- Maria on Can Pat Panetta dance? Sorry Pat....... The hands are a bit........ Girly more
- Frances Holmes on Can Pat Panetta dance? Amanda may hate the hands, but unfortunately Pat that's all you've got moving! more
- Pedrao on Can Pat Panetta dance? You dance like a typical white boy. As a youth, you'de have no chance on scoring. As an old man; who cares.Ã¯Â»Â¿ more
- Brad on Can Pat Panetta dance? He looks to enjoying himself and looks natural doing it, so who cares if its good or bad dancing. hahahaCheers Brad ... more
- anna on Can Pat Panetta dance? Pat, no you can't dance. We would like to here the music tho so we can see if your in beat more
- Jude on Can Pat Panetta dance? NO Pat - you cant dance - you dance like my husband!!!!:( :( :( more
- H on Dami Im joins Denis Walter Thanks for having Dami on your show. That was a very good interview, Good questions, Good answers. 3AW, please play her ... more
- kerrie on Denis Walter live from New York Hi Dennis went too new york may 2013 with husband had a great time there check out ellens star dust diner and visit the soup ... more
- Tim on Denis Walter live from New York No wonder that lady named Judy didn't recognise the song you sang to her! She may have if you used the correct words Denis! ... more
- Noel on Denis Walter live from New York Great listening to you in New York.I am reliving my visit and taking note of the sights you are seeing and I hope to see, ... more
- Roger on Denis Walter live from New York Dennis I rang you on live radio about the New York Yacht Club next door to the Sofitel but if you get down to Wall St ... more
- di padgett on Denis Walter live from New York go have a baileys milkshake at Bills Burgers Rockerfellar and do the underground tour of rockerfellar more
- Elizabeth Bull on Denis Walter live from New York Hi Dennis, your lucky to be in New York. I was leaving to go there and hurricane sandy hit and l unfortunately had to ... more
- Ahmed on Denis Walter live from New York What's the story with the naked lady, what does she do? more
Winner of the May 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the May 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
Fit Family have brought together the desire for fitness with the needs of the family. Classes where mum and dad can receive training at their level while nearby, their children can also receive personalised instruction is a great innovation.
The owner of Fit Family, Rory Sercombe says “As busy parents of young children, trying to juggle full-time jobs, school, kinder…all while trying to ensure our family kept healthy and got the exercise they needed was a significant challenge. Realising that young children need a minimum of one hour of exercise every day, as well as our own needs to keep active and healthy for our young family led us to our business idea Fit Family.”
They started Fit Family early last year hiring out their local schools facilities to provide group training sessions for adults and children at the same time, same location but in separate sessions. With adults exercising with their own trainer while their children nearby with children getting their own fun training session, Fit Family has filled a need for many busy working parents.
After a few months they saw some fantastic results with adults losing weight, getting fit and having more energy for their families. Kids who were disinterested in organised sport, overweight or found it difficult to keep up with physical activity at school were getting fit and their confidence was growing.
Fit Family expanded the concept to other school locations nearby, so that more people could experience the benefits of Fit Family. They now run sessions in four separate school locations in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
Rory said “We are proud that in less than a year Fit Family has turned into a popular family fitness initiative locally, tackling the issues of childhood obesity and boosting the profile of family health and fitness. Our aim is to spread the word and taking the next step now and expand our business through franchising!”
The testimonials we have been getting from our clients show the huge impact our program is having on average families, including one from a father of three and paediatric surgeon at the Royal Children’s Hospital!”
SBMS was impressed with this approach and saw it as highlighting how small businesses with an entrepreneurial bent can create a business that fills the needs of a broad community
Fit Family are a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.