- Lucy Lawless joins Darren James
- Marcia Hines releases 'Amazing' new album
- Hey Dad! cast feeling 'a little numb'
- Dan Sultan releases 'Blackbird'
- Secret revealed: how to deal with rude customers
- I'm not a look-alike!
- Melissa Doyle releases 'Alphabet Soup'
- Petula Clark: 'I want to get better'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- CJG on New release movie reviews - April 1 Gareth Edwards is the director of Godzilla, not Gareth Evans. more
- Like Kisses of thread on New release movie reviews - April 1 The director attached to the Godzilla film is actually Gareth Edwards, not Gareth Evans.Lazy. more
- Spaghetti on New release movie reviews - April 1 No big deal, unless you're them, surely, but Gareth Edwards is directing Godzilla. more
- Barney on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Denis. have you heard of the kick start diet or the soup diet. you eat their recipe of vegetable soup for a number of ... more
- ian on Kate Ceberano shares her story Has she got an New Release coming out.????? more
- Milton on Denis's 'Meat Free Week' blog Good luck with that one Denis:) more
- Jodi V on Victoria's oldest Ironman competitor Well done Mr Barnes. I remember you from high school running. So inspiring to see you are still at it. Jodi more
- Martin on Model sacked, told her bum's too big Ms Nicole is perfect, when will these designers realise men want meat not sticks. more
- Tracy Johnson on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch Mark Andrew is one of a kind.With all is characters is best known for Elvis,in my views he is the best. more
- ian on Austin Powers joins Friday Lunch I had seen Mark on several occasions and to tell you he is great more
- Robert Rich on Back to the future for Moomba This is a joke !!!!!!! more
- Heather on Back to the future for Moomba Oh so wrong!!! Am sick of Bert being treated like a demi god. He's had his turn and would have thought he would do decent ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Back to the future for Moomba once was enough,BUT not twice....why do we need to pamper this old tv worker.......Abbott is going back to the Howard days, ... more
- Jane on Back to the future for Moomba Oh spare me. Newton again. "Clown" hall does it again. How about honouring the CFA instead or someone like Moira Kelly for ... more
- ian on Back to the future for Moomba This would have the worst decision since the people voted Gillard in a P/M. more
- Jill on Back to the future for Moomba I would rather applaud our CFA during the Moomba Parade, than Bert Newton. Maybe we can applaud Bert Newton come Logie time. more
- Christine on Back to the future for Moomba You've got to be kidding ! more
- Alison Horner on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon could you please advise washing microfibre cleaning cloths indicate no softness or bleach products to be used. ... more
- Craig on Chuck Berry takes a dive Ummmm.. Looks like he had a parachute on too... Nothing to see here. more
- ian on Mum furious: A stranger smacked my child Any witnesses. more
Winner of the May 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the May 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
Fit Family have brought together the desire for fitness with the needs of the family. Classes where mum and dad can receive training at their level while nearby, their children can also receive personalised instruction is a great innovation.
The owner of Fit Family, Rory Sercombe says “As busy parents of young children, trying to juggle full-time jobs, school, kinder…all while trying to ensure our family kept healthy and got the exercise they needed was a significant challenge. Realising that young children need a minimum of one hour of exercise every day, as well as our own needs to keep active and healthy for our young family led us to our business idea Fit Family.”
They started Fit Family early last year hiring out their local schools facilities to provide group training sessions for adults and children at the same time, same location but in separate sessions. With adults exercising with their own trainer while their children nearby with children getting their own fun training session, Fit Family has filled a need for many busy working parents.
After a few months they saw some fantastic results with adults losing weight, getting fit and having more energy for their families. Kids who were disinterested in organised sport, overweight or found it difficult to keep up with physical activity at school were getting fit and their confidence was growing.
Fit Family expanded the concept to other school locations nearby, so that more people could experience the benefits of Fit Family. They now run sessions in four separate school locations in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
Rory said “We are proud that in less than a year Fit Family has turned into a popular family fitness initiative locally, tackling the issues of childhood obesity and boosting the profile of family health and fitness. Our aim is to spread the word and taking the next step now and expand our business through franchising!”
The testimonials we have been getting from our clients show the huge impact our program is having on average families, including one from a father of three and paediatric surgeon at the Royal Children’s Hospital!”
SBMS was impressed with this approach and saw it as highlighting how small businesses with an entrepreneurial bent can create a business that fills the needs of a broad community
Fit Family are a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.