- Silvie Paladino sings for Denis Walter
- Best and worst movie adaptations
- What’s the best type of property to buy?
- Jim Schembri's cheat sheet - 17 May
- Fast facts: Dick Van Dyke
- New release movie reviews - May 17
- Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter
- Denis Walter and 'Postman Pat' at the World Stamp Show
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Popi on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi ShannonHow do I remove nail polish from carpet.CheersPopi more
- Lynne on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi,My female cat has a problem with weeing in a corner of the house. I was wondering what can I use to remove the smell? ... more
- Jeff on Will Movie 43 be the Worst Film of '13? go watch transformers if you want to see the spectacular battle scenes. that isn't what the movie is about. and you're ... more
- Yvonne Guerra on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi ShannonI have a damp wet smell inside my dryer and want to know what I can use to rid this smellThanks in advance :) more
- Wendy on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter Fantastic! I love listening to Casey, but love watching her sing even more. I must book......NOW! more
- Lyn on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter Her versatility is just mind blowing! Is there nothing she can't do? Casey connects to her lyric and takes her audiences ... more
- Shelley Blew on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, Can you please help me to remove the sticky residue from airport stickers off an ostrich skin barrel bag. more
- Kere on Casey Donovan sings for Denis Walter This is a fine example of why this woman is my favourite singer EVER. From Metallica to Mama Cass, she shines and channels ... more
- Debbie May on Around the home with Shannon Lush We have recently built a new home and have bamboo click together floorboards. Some tradie has walked something through which ... more
- jane on Around the home with Shannon Lush HELP please ShannonI have ironed an iron on number onto the back of my sons footy jumper and it has wrinkled. I need to ... more
- John Twomey on New release movie reviews - 21 March Marie,As I hope you have found by now, "The Cruel Sea" is available through Amazon.com at ... more
- John Twomey on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Wow. That kind of ... sucked, to be honest. And for anyone who says, "Oh, I suppose you could do it better" ... yes, as a ... more
- abdul the "turkish bath"(er) on Renee Geyer with Billy Pinnell She's a class act I saw her at the Albion in South Melb, now the butchered plastic joint called the Motel.Get to see her ... more
- Yvonne McCaig on Health with Gerald Quigley Hi Gerald,Could you please tell me what to take for weak finger nails that also have ugly ridges?Kind regardsYvonne more
- Pru on Sunrise girls and their ... Heard this Barr piece comment one time she is so tired in the afternoon, she feels like belting the kids at 4.00 p.m. more
- Michelle on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, we had my daughters 18th on the weekend and we hired a slushie machine. Just my luck someone who was rather ... more
- Caroline on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon, I placed my dark wet washing on top of the wet light colours and I have had a black pair of jeans leave dye on a ... more
- Chris Hutton on Around the home with Shannon Lush Hi Shannon On 7/5/13 you answered a question in relation to cleaning Scanpan cookware - I missed most of your answer but ... more
- Colleen on Health with Gerald Quigley My hisband has been ill bronchitis and pneunomia for about 3 weeks. Could you please repeat the supplements you suggested ... more
- the serial pest on The Ten Tenors perform 'Hey Jude' Why was this not authorised by me first? more
Winner of the May 2012 Momentum/3AW Small Business Award
We are pleased to advise that the winner of the May 2012 3AW Momentum Awards is:
Fit Family have brought together the desire for fitness with the needs of the family. Classes where mum and dad can receive training at their level while nearby, their children can also receive personalised instruction is a great innovation.
The owner of Fit Family, Rory Sercombe says “As busy parents of young children, trying to juggle full-time jobs, school, kinder…all while trying to ensure our family kept healthy and got the exercise they needed was a significant challenge. Realising that young children need a minimum of one hour of exercise every day, as well as our own needs to keep active and healthy for our young family led us to our business idea Fit Family.”
They started Fit Family early last year hiring out their local schools facilities to provide group training sessions for adults and children at the same time, same location but in separate sessions. With adults exercising with their own trainer while their children nearby with children getting their own fun training session, Fit Family has filled a need for many busy working parents.
After a few months they saw some fantastic results with adults losing weight, getting fit and having more energy for their families. Kids who were disinterested in organised sport, overweight or found it difficult to keep up with physical activity at school were getting fit and their confidence was growing.
Fit Family expanded the concept to other school locations nearby, so that more people could experience the benefits of Fit Family. They now run sessions in four separate school locations in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
Rory said “We are proud that in less than a year Fit Family has turned into a popular family fitness initiative locally, tackling the issues of childhood obesity and boosting the profile of family health and fitness. Our aim is to spread the word and taking the next step now and expand our business through franchising!”
The testimonials we have been getting from our clients show the huge impact our program is having on average families, including one from a father of three and paediatric surgeon at the Royal Children’s Hospital!”
SBMS was impressed with this approach and saw it as highlighting how small businesses with an entrepreneurial bent can create a business that fills the needs of a broad community
Fit Family are a worthy winner of the 3AW/Momentum Small Business Award.