- Video: The Great Gatsby Australian premiere
- Leonardo DiCapro won't be among Great Gatsby Australian premiere attendees
- Celebrity Appentice: The knives are out
- Ricky Martin coming to Melbourne
- Kelly Osbourne says 'enough already!'
- 'You can't say LA did that to her...'
- Michael Buble the 'soft-core' actor?
- Melanie C on her role in Jesus Christ Superstar
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Up close with Home and Away stars Hi there just want 2 know are they cum 2 sunshine area like St. Albans area plz get bak 2 me ASAP thanks more
- rakia on Up close with Home and Away stars hi steve is hot and sexy and i am the best fan of him i want to see him one day hopefully i am go to vote from him more
- Ivan@kinnane on Connery on Bond exhibit wish list Not surprising that snoozy Tourism Minister Louise Asher says she canÃ¢Â?Â?t wait to see Daniel CraigÃ¢Â?Â?s swimsuit. ... more
- the serial pest on Donna Demaio's Gossip - 5th February, ... Re: Ringo.No, I didn't pay $8000 to shake his hand, and no, I didn't break down in tears either. Just want to clarify that ... more
- irene lopez on Ellen DeGeneres show to come to ... ellen you are the most generous show host,i have ever known.i love the way you talk about your mum & wife.i hope your trip ... more
- Stacey on Ellen DeGeneres show to come to ... hello I live in Melbourne in Australia how can i get 2 tickets to her show in oz??? more
- Lyn Kanis on Ellen DeGeneres show to come to ... just heard ellens cumming to OZ.wOW i cant wait. hope to god my friends and i get a chance to see her. If i had the money i ... more
- Louise Fisher on Ellen DeGeneres show to come to ... Wana see her so bad. What does one have to do.??? I'll do it. :) more
- Nicoleta on Ellen DeGeneres show to come to ... If Ellen degenerous comes to Australia I want to be able to attend one of her shows she is just fabulous more
- Marnie on Ellen DeGeneres show to come to ... Fantastic News on Ellen coming 'Down-Under'!! But No-Info on where to Buy Show-Tickets for Melb??????? more
- AnneMarie Rayward on Anthony Warlow makes his Broadway debut New Yorkers and Broadway are really in for a Treat to see the Amazingly Talented Anthony Warlow on their Stage. Chookas to ... more
- Linda Duke on Anthony Warlow makes his Broadway debut New York will love Anthony Warlow as Daddy Warbucks. Such a Superstar!!! We have adored both him and his beautiful voice for ... more
- jgl Melb on Dannii Minogue loves burnin' rubber Loves the smell of "burning rubber" eh? Van Damme's load of verbal flatulence,earlier in the week,may have a smidgeon of ... more
- mandy on Dannii Minogue loves burnin' rubber Did danni say airhead or revhead? more
- Barbara Fehmel on Donna Demaio's Gossip Blog Love 3AW. Early morning, Mornings and night time. I wake up to two funny guys, then onto Neil, and go to sleep with Bruce, ... more
- margy on Fev has kind words for DWTS judge The judge on DWTS was disgraceful in comments to Jessica Watson, calling her performance 'hideous' and scoring her a one, ... more
- margy on Time flies when you're having fun Great to see Olivia on DWTS last week, great performance, and congratulations on the opening of the ONJ Wellness Centre. ... more
- margy on Time flies when you're having fun Come back for another stint Mel B, you are great, and you're a natural! DWTS was a great and if you missed the grand final ... more
- Gloria, Preston on Time flies when you're having fun Mel B is the weak link in DWTS, I can't stand her and that bloody accent drives me nuts. Please don't tell me that Dan McP ... more
- Ren on 'Have you ever cooked in the nude?' You need to watch it before you say 'yuk'. He denies cooking nude but Manu is the one that admits it according to the ... more
Anthony Warlow makes his Broadway debut
“Oh, he’s such a dreamboat,” said Tony award winner Katie Finneran (Miss Hannigan) moments after stepping off the Palace Theatre stage on Broadway. The American star of stage and screen was speaking of Australian musical veteran Anthony Warlow, who realised a dream by finally treading the boards on Broadway as Oliver Warbucks in the new production of Annie.
He’s brought decades of experience, having starred in successful shows including Phantom of the Opera, My Fair Lady, Les Miserables and two seasons of Annie in Australia.
For the New York audience, the 50 year old was a newcomer, an unknown, however Warlow looked right at home, striding onto the stage with the swagger and confidence he’s built performing the role so many times. The locals I spoke with, bar two, had no clue he was Australian and hence were mightily impressed with his accent.
Finneran was full of praise. “He is just fantastic. He’s such a professional and so funny off-stage too. He’s really brought humanity and sensitivity to the show.”
The staging was simple. The children were adorable. The staging and performances were fine but keeping in mind it was the first preview, there’s some tweaking to be done. The cast received a standing ovation but on Broadway, apparently, that doesn’t really mean much.
Under the program’s section “Who’s who in the cast”, Warlow is described as being thrilled to be making his Broadway debut and that he is the recipient of numerous awards including “Living National Treasure.” He also graciously thanks American Actors’ Equity and dedicates his performance to Phoebe, his daughter.
Off-Broadway producer Peter Tear was amongst those checking out the family-friendly show. “Anthony is the best Daddy Warbucks I have ever seen. He’s the first one who can really sing. He’s also an actor and has plenty of presence. In two weeks (opening night), he’ll be fabulous.”
New Yorkers and Broadway are really in for a Treat to see the Amazingly Talented Anthony Warlow on their Stage. Chookas to all the Cast and Crew! Congratulations Anthony!!AnneMarie Rayward Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 8:17 PM
New York will love Anthony Warlow as Daddy Warbucks. Such a Superstar!!! We have adored both him and his beautiful voice for decades and now New York gets to see how fabulous he is! :)Linda Duke Thursday 4 October, 2012 - 3:49 PM