- Gossip Sheet - August 27
- 'The claws are out again'
- Luhrmann launches Melbourne Emporium
- Gossip Sheet - August 13
- People and Places: Uluru
- Gossip Sheet - July 15
- People and Places: Hidden LA
- First look: Les Mis rehearsals
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- gloria on Keith Urban is the real deal Great article! Keith Urban is the greatest entertainer! He just mesmerizes me. more
- Starla on Keith Urban is the real deal This is one of the many reasons this girl goes all over to see this man. He is such an honest performer...He truly truly ... more
- sm on WATCH: Clint Eastwood opens up I agree Margaret more
- Margaret on WATCH: Clint Eastwood opens up Is is just me, or does Clint remind you of an older Hugh Jackman? more
- jgl Melb on WATCH: Clint Eastwood opens up Some of Clint's best work has been talking to empty chairs during Presidential campaigns. more
- Trevor on WATCH: Clint Eastwood opens up Hey Donna. You missed a gift in that i/v with Eastwood. When he said "my father would've loved to have been actor". Don't ... more
- jgl Melb on Springsteen wows fans at Aami Park Does anyone know if a tape of the first concert is available as my daughter had a nasty fall during the interval and missed ... more
- It's over red rover on Is Shurley really over? I always knew these two would never marry. Just like Delta G & her fiancee at the time, Brian something. Why, when they ... more
- Steve on Is Shurley really over? Give us a break who do these two think they are and who bloody cares>?? more
- Christine on Is Shurley really over? Goodness me, does anybody really care ! more
- Robert Rich on Is Shurley really over? BIG DEAL WHO CARES more
- Graeme on Bon Jovi: Review @Mandy & Nic...I'm with you guys...having seen (or not) AC/DC there, you won't be catching me at Etihad again either...total ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Is Shurley really over? does amyone really care more
- Nic on Bon Jovi: Review I was also at the Bon Jovi gig on Sunday night at Etihad. The band were fantastic and had an awesome energy. I'll never ... more
- Kerry Anderson on Bon Jovi: Review Futurists tell us that 70% of future jobs haven't yet been created so I'd hate to be a career adviser right now. We need to ... more
- mandy on Bon Jovi: Review Bon Jovi were excellent I really enjoyed the concert on Sunday night but I have to say I will never set foot at Etihad ... more
- Sheryl on Bon Jovi in Melbourne Mr Bon Jovi, if you think Australia is just too damn far away,I think those whom arrive by boat may not think so! more
- mandy on Bon Jovi in Melbourne I was at the Bon Jovi concert last night it was fantastic. Jon still has it all. more
- mandy on Bon Jovi in Melbourne Ill be there. more
- Leiah on Dan Aykroyd coming to Melbourne as if 18 year old party binger is gonna go out spent 80 dollars a bottle alcohol a party. benches go out and spend as little ... more
Ricky Martin coming to Melbourne
How to create excitement amongst the masses: announce Ricky Martin (The Voice) will be making an instore appearance at Southland Shopping centre at midday on May 11th. Apparently he loves meeting fans and is a great “autographer”. After selling about 70 million albums worldwide over three decades, I foresee a great deal more sales of Ricky Martin:Greatest Hits ahead of Mother’s Day.
When to clap, when to stretch your legs and what to wear are some of the pearls of wisdom that Opera Australia has collated in an E-guide for ticket holders. Just in case you aren’t sure how to dress for upcoming performances of Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida, according to the information provided: “It is always great fun to frock up for the occasion and make a glamorous night of it, but dressing up is not mandatory. All applause will be gratefully received, although it is polite to wait until the singing has stopped.”
It does seem Stephen Curry pops up a lot on the small screen (and big screen for that matter) but there’s no complaints from me. The supremely talented actor will appear amongst a stellar cast in the telemovie Cliffy (with Kevin Harrington as potato farmer Cliff Young) when it premieres on May 26th on the ABC.
Icebreaker founder and outdoors enthusiast Jeremy Moon delighted in telling the gathering at the launch of his new store at Chadstone that the company (which includes Merino Wool hiking and outdoor gear) was doing well, apologizing to advertising types in attendance that he relies on word of mouth rather than spending too much with them. He added that the New Zealand operation takes hundreds of millions of dollars a year, joking that was “about 65 thousand dollars Australian.”
The filming of the second season of critically acclaimed Redfern Now (ABC) is underway. Season one sees the return of Wayne Blair, Deborah Mailman and Leah Purcell. Joining them are Ernie Dingo, Craig McLachlan and Aaron Pederson.
Singer/song-writer Paul Norton is so excited about writing the music for a theatrical experience at 45 Downstairs in Flinders Lane he popped the news on his facebook page. It just goes to show that social media is playing an increasingly prominent role for artists in telling the world what they’re up to. Cruising Paradise – Tales by Sam Shepard is adapted and directed by Terence O’Connell and presented by The Graduates. The season runs until May 12.
Seems artists want to satisfy people’s desire to re-live the 1980’s. Kim Wilde and Nik Kershaw have announced a tour and due to demand for tickets have already had to move to bigger venue The Palais for their gig in October.
Spotted: Olympian Matthew Targett taking the exit row seat on a Qantas flight to Adelaide for the Swimming championships. Congrats on the gold!
Charity of the week: After trekking Kokada, the adorable and adventurous Kate Peck (MTV) has turned her attention to helping others by being an ambassador for YGAP: a great campaign to relieve people of those pesky five cent coins which then add up to hefty charity funds.
Peck joins Sherri-lee Biggs and Nick Riewoldt in urging people to register at www.fivecent.com.au to start collecting. Helping humans in Rwanda, Cambodia and across Australia is the aim.