- Princes Bridge bike lane could avoid disaster
- Adrian Bayley should have been kept in jail until he was damn near 90
- The alleged Stephen Milne rape case victim is a 'strong, decent woman'
- What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley receive?
- Seven reasons why Mark Neeld failed
- Is this the worst-ever answer in a beauty contest?
- No ticket: Council parking inspectors opt for warnings
- Forget politics: It's a day for interesting ideas
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Neil Melbourne on The alleged Stephen Milne rape case ... Well done Mr. Fontana, looks like some integrity is slowly creeping back into the Vic Police force. Let's have this before ... more
- Steve on The Save My Seat campaign Don't speed no need to worry about revenue raising from speed cameras then>! more
- Frank Collins on The alleged Stephen Milne rape case ... "But I will say, this young woman on my impressions is a strong and decent woman."On the basis of what? A few conversations? ... more
- Frank Collins on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... All a sentence of 35 years before bail means is that it will 35 years before Bayley rapes and kills again. Only next time, ... more
- Solomons' Sword on Nigella Lawson is the victim in this Why the fierce resentment that Nigella will not listen to the clamour and step up and be the token frontline female for ... more
- Greg on Seven reasons why Mark Neeld failed I follow Sydney/Sth Melb and we never won a flag from 1933 to 2005,Geelong 1963 to 20007,Bulldogs last flag 1954, Melbourne ... more
- mark on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... well with the way our justice system is these days it wouldnt surprise me if he got less then 20 yrs more
- Oonagh on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... Bayley should be given 'life' no parole. Justice Nettle will hopefully hand down same sentence as he did with John Leslie ... more
- Julie on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... Life with no possibility of parole......I hope......but knowing our justice system this will not happen. more
- Commerce American Style on Forget politics: It's a day for ... First they send American multinational companies to crush the small to medium Australian companies. That reduces competition ... more
- Jim on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... Life! and the parole board should spend some time there with him also. more
- Mark on What sentence will Adrian Ernest Bayley ... He should be executed. more
- John on The Save My Seat campaign Cmon Gazza, can't you just see that a coppa is trying to do something positive here. There's always someone to drag it back ... more
- Karl Michal's on Dee Dee denies 'victim blaming' after ... ...or it just proves my point? more
- Barney on Seven reasons why Mark Neeld failed maybe melbourne need an old experienced head like Barrassi or Robbie Flower as head of coaching to put them back on track. more
- frank on The Save My Seat campaign IN ENGLAND [UK] THERE IS A SLOW LANE . I think the roads could better hear in Australia and propely policed. more
- Chris on Dee Dee denies 'victim blaming' after ... Really?? You spoke without engaging the brain. Nobody really knows what went on, but given she was the victim you are just ... more
- MKelly on Leunig's Tony Abbott cartoon: Has he ... Michael Leunig is a genius. He offers a moment of pleasure, an opportunity to be thoughtful and an escape from the decidedly ... more
- Sinbad on Is this the worst-ever answer in a ... Or she could be your blog writer Matt, she has all the necessary skills, unintelligent, inarticulate, repetitive, boring and ... more
- Gazza on Is this the worst-ever answer in a ... Who cares what she says or sounds like.when she looks like that it doesn't matter...... more
3AW joins forces with JOY
3AW and Australia’s only gay and lesbian radio station JOY 94.9 joined forces for the first time to raise awareness of the serious issues affecting today’s youth.
LISTEN BELOW: Listen to the historic broadcast as Neil Mitchell and JOY FM's David McCarthy simulcast from the City Square.
ORGANISATIONS THAT HELP WITH SUICIDE PREVENTION:
IMAGE: Neil Mitchell with his Joy FM t-shirt
LISTEN: The ad-free 3AW/JOY simulcast (75mins)
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
What a shame, Neil, that it's taken you almost a quarter of a century of air-time to finally come to your senses about homosexuality! If only you'd been just as compassionate back when you started, you might have helped to make my life, as a gay young man, less traumatic. Is it was, you indirectly made it more stressful because of your often negative comments about homosexuals. Still, better late than never. Thank you for this sadly belated simulcast.Peter Saturday 5 May, 2012 - 6:36 AM
Stay in the closet>!!Steve Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:25 PM
This means all the libs in the closet can finally come out.IAN BARKER Friday 4 May, 2012 - 10:55 AM
JOY94.9 and 3AW broadcast was uniquely special and touching. Proud to be a joy94.9 member/volunteer. Well done David McCarthy, Neil Mitchell and all who where involved in contributed. Thank youbetty sujecki Friday 4 May, 2012 - 9:25 AM
My daughters and I were given lovely service by a gay gentleman at Myer a couple of years ago when purchasing a wallet.
A couple of weeks ago, we had morning tea in a cafe and were served by another gay chap who made us feel welcome, not so the female worker who did not like us moving seats to accommodate our pram.
We felt comfortable with the gentlemen mentioned - never are they rude or impatient, as we find with females.Pru Friday 4 May, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Guys, what you did today takes courage. You challenged the orthodoxy, you spoke out, you informed us with reasoned argument and you highlighted the tragedy of youth suicide for straight and gay kids. I am with you all the way. Thanks to 3aw and joy and neil and macca..i couldnt stop listening and i was late for work!talkscheap Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 10:48 PM