- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
3AW joins forces with JOY
3AW and Australia’s only gay and lesbian radio station JOY 94.9 joined forces for the first time to raise awareness of the serious issues affecting today’s youth.
LISTEN BELOW: Listen to the historic broadcast as Neil Mitchell and JOY FM's David McCarthy simulcast from the City Square.
ORGANISATIONS THAT HELP WITH SUICIDE PREVENTION:
IMAGE: Neil Mitchell with his Joy FM t-shirt
LISTEN: The ad-free 3AW/JOY simulcast (75mins)
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
What a shame, Neil, that it's taken you almost a quarter of a century of air-time to finally come to your senses about homosexuality! If only you'd been just as compassionate back when you started, you might have helped to make my life, as a gay young man, less traumatic. Is it was, you indirectly made it more stressful because of your often negative comments about homosexuals. Still, better late than never. Thank you for this sadly belated simulcast.Peter Saturday 5 May, 2012 - 6:36 AM
Stay in the closet>!!Steve Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:25 PM
This means all the libs in the closet can finally come out.IAN BARKER Friday 4 May, 2012 - 10:55 AM
JOY94.9 and 3AW broadcast was uniquely special and touching. Proud to be a joy94.9 member/volunteer. Well done David McCarthy, Neil Mitchell and all who where involved in contributed. Thank youbetty sujecki Friday 4 May, 2012 - 9:25 AM
My daughters and I were given lovely service by a gay gentleman at Myer a couple of years ago when purchasing a wallet.
A couple of weeks ago, we had morning tea in a cafe and were served by another gay chap who made us feel welcome, not so the female worker who did not like us moving seats to accommodate our pram.
We felt comfortable with the gentlemen mentioned - never are they rude or impatient, as we find with females.Pru Friday 4 May, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Guys, what you did today takes courage. You challenged the orthodoxy, you spoke out, you informed us with reasoned argument and you highlighted the tragedy of youth suicide for straight and gay kids. I am with you all the way. Thanks to 3aw and joy and neil and macca..i couldnt stop listening and i was late for work!talkscheap Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 10:48 PM