- 'It can happen to anyone'
- Bank asks for 3-year-old's details
- Students told to take off Poppy
- Doyle to purge streets of cheap grog
- Has Neil Mitchell broken the law?
- Lite, but not that easy to deliver
- CanTeen makes a difference
- 'These women have shaken us up'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- garry on Students told to take off Poppy Sack the teacher for imparting there own views on the children. How disgustingly disrespectful of our fallen fathers.I could ... more
- Tess on 'It can happen to anyone' I year it was NOT AN ACCIDENT IT WAS A DELIBERATE ONCE SHE CHOSE TO DRIVE ....... and she gets congratulated and rewarded ... more
- IBARKER on 'It can happen to anyone' Sorry to "LATE". more
- Graeme Porter on 'It can happen to anyone' Could somebody look at these wire traffic barriers that are being installed everywhere. On the South Gippsland Highway the ... more
- marypenny on 'It can happen to anyone' yea yea yea!allthese rogue booze filled drivers are having a revival and are all successful whatever.Yea we can do it! ... more
- Sean Murphy on Students told to take off Poppy Last time I looked a poppy was not a religious item nor was a bracelet. Where did this teacher get the idea that Remembrance ... more
- Rachel on 'It can happen to anyone' This is a brilliant campaign. Amanda is making such a statement in sharing this story.I frequently attend functions and then ... more
- Gloria on Students told to take off Poppy I am an RSL Poppy Seller and I find this story incredible.What is this teachers background? more
- Irish on Students told to take off Poppy Disgraceful! I hope the principal doesn't take the side of the teacher concerned but as usual the minority win don't they? more
- johnson on Students told to take off Poppy who's...Poppy's...hmmm...looks like the ten year old is not the only one in need of schooling more
- PatQuickCrazy on Students told to take off Poppy Seriously, who are we catering for here?? This is outrageous! Sack the teacher I say! more
- Kate on Students told to take off Poppy So should the teacher now ignore all of the school policies just in case a parent decides their child should be an exception ... more
- Daniel on Students told to take off Poppy So there is a kid wearing a piece of jewellery which he shouldn't be wearing and a teacher confiscates it ... Fair and ... more
- Carl Thompson on Students told to take off Poppy If one of my children was at that school the teacher would get a crowbar around the ears. I hope that there is a patriot ... more
- Dave on Students told to take off Poppy What was the teachers nationality.????It could explain a bit. more
- Eejay 68 on Students told to take off Poppy How unaustralian of this teacher. The wearing of poppies/badges should be encouraged in schools for the week of the event. more
- Vicki simpson on Students told to take off Poppy I've had kids going there for the last 17 year the school has always sold Anzac badges and have sold Poppy's as well the ... more
- Peggy on 'These women have shaken us up' Why should any murder be considered average? The victim is still dead and the impact on the family is just as great so why ... more
- Gloria on Breakfast clubs for schools And how do they determine whether the children are disadvantaged or the parents just plain lazy. more
- Susie on Breakfast clubs for schools Parents get money from Centrelink to do this yet they spend elsewhere. School breakfast program started here years ago when ... more
3AW joins forces with JOY
3AW and Australia’s only gay and lesbian radio station JOY 94.9 joined forces for the first time to raise awareness of the serious issues affecting today’s youth.
LISTEN BELOW: Listen to the historic broadcast as Neil Mitchell and JOY FM's David McCarthy simulcast from the City Square.
ORGANISATIONS THAT HELP WITH SUICIDE PREVENTION:
IMAGE: Neil Mitchell with his Joy FM t-shirt
LISTEN: The ad-free 3AW/JOY simulcast (75mins)
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
What a shame, Neil, that it's taken you almost a quarter of a century of air-time to finally come to your senses about homosexuality! If only you'd been just as compassionate back when you started, you might have helped to make my life, as a gay young man, less traumatic. Is it was, you indirectly made it more stressful because of your often negative comments about homosexuals. Still, better late than never. Thank you for this sadly belated simulcast.Peter Saturday 5 May, 2012 - 6:36 AM
Stay in the closet>!!Steve Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:25 PM
This means all the libs in the closet can finally come out.IAN BARKER Friday 4 May, 2012 - 10:55 AM
JOY94.9 and 3AW broadcast was uniquely special and touching. Proud to be a joy94.9 member/volunteer. Well done David McCarthy, Neil Mitchell and all who where involved in contributed. Thank youbetty sujecki Friday 4 May, 2012 - 9:25 AM
My daughters and I were given lovely service by a gay gentleman at Myer a couple of years ago when purchasing a wallet.
A couple of weeks ago, we had morning tea in a cafe and were served by another gay chap who made us feel welcome, not so the female worker who did not like us moving seats to accommodate our pram.
We felt comfortable with the gentlemen mentioned - never are they rude or impatient, as we find with females.Pru Friday 4 May, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Guys, what you did today takes courage. You challenged the orthodoxy, you spoke out, you informed us with reasoned argument and you highlighted the tragedy of youth suicide for straight and gay kids. I am with you all the way. Thanks to 3aw and joy and neil and macca..i couldnt stop listening and i was late for work!talkscheap Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 10:48 PM