- Fuel discount ban will save prices
- Gay couple marry despite expected challenge
- Qantas ads 'political spin'
- Christmas cheer for young Rhyan
- Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl
- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mcallaway on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl This isnt the first time and probably not the last its appalling to see 5 big blokes(thugs in uniform) turn to this type off ... more
- Stephen on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Slamming a 15 year old girl to the floor is reasonable force. she may have been in wrong but really? Minister sorry no ... more
- John on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl The girls were pretty feral etc and did the wrong thing re: ticket. But I'm not convinced anyone deserves to be treated like ... more
- release the hounds on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Quick call out the hired thugs. looks like a teen girl is travelling without a ticket. now thats really are isn't it. ... more
- Paul Chandler on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Read the transport act which states that a fare may be paid before, during or after a journey. Inspectors should offer that ... more
- Mark on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl One of the girls spat in the face of the poor man simply trying to do his job. I put it to any one of the do-gooders ... more
- yvonne on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl If you give no respect you get no recept simple...Oh it's always someone else's fault. Buy a ticket.. Simple... more
- Jan Lannan on Christmas cheer for young Rhyan This person deserves some kindness she has her hands full with her young boy & his problems hope this will make it a ... more
- Steve on Qantas ads 'political spin' The unions have ripped the guts out of Qantas let them prop them up instead of the tax payer>! more
- bc on Qantas ads 'political spin' so much spin and bull tish all they have to do is cancel 1 new aircraft and guess what their level thats how easy it is ti ... more
- Lukew on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl I agree that this is an over reaction, but there has to be some way to deal with this complete lack of respect. The ... more
- Libby on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Simply buying a ticket will help avoid this response from staff who are charged with the responsibility to put into effect a ... more
- Gazza on Qantas ads 'political spin' Management need to take pay cuts and give workers pay rises to lift productivity........ more
- Mandii on Christmas cheer for young Rhyan Thanks everyone for your support for rhyan Jeremy is donating rhyan a new bike and we are now saving for a shed to lock his ... more
- Alvin on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl I think the ticket inspector shouldn't given an authority to use the force to the customer. If you look at the metro system ... more
- tim on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl These 'Clockwork Orange' thugs are licensed bullies. How about some perspective? Yet again we have a commuter being ... more
- mick on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl No undue force was used and she was assaulting the railway security personal in resisting arrest. Police would have tasered ... more
- Ben on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl To be body slammed over a ticket it's a Joke, in all my years I've never seen a police officer do a body slam on a child ... more
- G. Gaters on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl And on top of all this, remember that any undeducted fares on 31st Dec. will be deducted from your Myki card at the higher ... more
- James on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Slopping work given how many officers were standing around. She shouldn't have gotten through the unmanned gate in the first ... more
3AW joins forces with JOY
3AW and Australia’s only gay and lesbian radio station JOY 94.9 joined forces for the first time to raise awareness of the serious issues affecting today’s youth.
LISTEN BELOW: Listen to the historic broadcast as Neil Mitchell and JOY FM's David McCarthy simulcast from the City Square.
ORGANISATIONS THAT HELP WITH SUICIDE PREVENTION:
IMAGE: Neil Mitchell with his Joy FM t-shirt
LISTEN: The ad-free 3AW/JOY simulcast (75mins)
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
What a shame, Neil, that it's taken you almost a quarter of a century of air-time to finally come to your senses about homosexuality! If only you'd been just as compassionate back when you started, you might have helped to make my life, as a gay young man, less traumatic. Is it was, you indirectly made it more stressful because of your often negative comments about homosexuals. Still, better late than never. Thank you for this sadly belated simulcast.Peter Saturday 5 May, 2012 - 6:36 AM
Stay in the closet>!!Steve Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:25 PM
This means all the libs in the closet can finally come out.IAN BARKER Friday 4 May, 2012 - 10:55 AM
JOY94.9 and 3AW broadcast was uniquely special and touching. Proud to be a joy94.9 member/volunteer. Well done David McCarthy, Neil Mitchell and all who where involved in contributed. Thank youbetty sujecki Friday 4 May, 2012 - 9:25 AM
My daughters and I were given lovely service by a gay gentleman at Myer a couple of years ago when purchasing a wallet.
A couple of weeks ago, we had morning tea in a cafe and were served by another gay chap who made us feel welcome, not so the female worker who did not like us moving seats to accommodate our pram.
We felt comfortable with the gentlemen mentioned - never are they rude or impatient, as we find with females.Pru Friday 4 May, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Guys, what you did today takes courage. You challenged the orthodoxy, you spoke out, you informed us with reasoned argument and you highlighted the tragedy of youth suicide for straight and gay kids. I am with you all the way. Thanks to 3aw and joy and neil and macca..i couldnt stop listening and i was late for work!talkscheap Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 10:48 PM