- Anger over abortion clinic protest
- 'My dogs didn't do this'
- Playful seal salutes beachgoers
- 'This smells like a Napthine government rort'
- Cruel thieves swipe oxygen trolley
- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mike on 'My dogs didn't do this' dogs kill domestic animal, put them down, it's that simple more
- Jane on 'My dogs didn't do this' Yes all animals are loved. So what that's not a defence anymore than a thug's mother saying he is always a lovely boy and ... more
- katie on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am an animal lover, both cat and dog, i had a jack russell and CAT, few years ago, my jack russell attacked my cat and ... more
- annie king on 'My dogs didn't do this' these types of dogs should be more secured in anyones yard, she has not done this otherwise the dog would not have got out, ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Pam, If they were my dogs I would have done it at my own expense.?? Oh as if they were "MY DOGS" why should other people ... more
- pam on 'My dogs didn't do this' Ian, read the story.The lady has been at the Dept of Housing who own the property next door to have fences replaced.No funds ... more
- Sarah on 'My dogs didn't do this' My dogs chase and kill rabbits. Is my Council going to put them down or give them a reward. Come on!!! Animals have animal ... more
- Wendy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am THE ultimate cat lover, however, if cats and dogs are not raised together, they are natural enemies( I also believe ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Why has she not had these dogs or dog registered,as she was told.Also fix the fences up. No excuse.?? more
- Samantha Piercy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I really hope the Frankston Council and Mayor of Frankston offer some kind of support to the family after the council put ... more
- Mark on 'My dogs didn't do this' Councils are siuch heartless animals.THEY are the cruel animals - who's going to punish THEM for the blood on THEIR hands! more
- wayne on Playful seal salutes beachgoers Wildlife officers should have been there to stop people getting to close, the elephant seal that was on a Perth beach ... more
- Mandi on Playful seal salutes beachgoers I couldn't agree more. more
- Angelo on Playful seal salutes beachgoers ^way to kill the mood!Great pics, great fun story more
- Greg on 'This smells like a Napthine government ... It's easy to stop the rort,don't play them. more
- Luke on Playful seal salutes beachgoers People are so clueless to what damage a wild seal can do to someone, particularly a child. But then many people are totally ... more
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
3AW joins forces with JOY
3AW and Australia’s only gay and lesbian radio station JOY 94.9 joined forces for the first time to raise awareness of the serious issues affecting today’s youth.
LISTEN BELOW: Listen to the historic broadcast as Neil Mitchell and JOY FM's David McCarthy simulcast from the City Square.
ORGANISATIONS THAT HELP WITH SUICIDE PREVENTION:
IMAGE: Neil Mitchell with his Joy FM t-shirt
LISTEN: The ad-free 3AW/JOY simulcast (75mins)
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
What a shame, Neil, that it's taken you almost a quarter of a century of air-time to finally come to your senses about homosexuality! If only you'd been just as compassionate back when you started, you might have helped to make my life, as a gay young man, less traumatic. Is it was, you indirectly made it more stressful because of your often negative comments about homosexuals. Still, better late than never. Thank you for this sadly belated simulcast.Peter Saturday 5 May, 2012 - 6:36 AM
Stay in the closet>!!Steve Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:25 PM
This means all the libs in the closet can finally come out.IAN BARKER Friday 4 May, 2012 - 10:55 AM
JOY94.9 and 3AW broadcast was uniquely special and touching. Proud to be a joy94.9 member/volunteer. Well done David McCarthy, Neil Mitchell and all who where involved in contributed. Thank youbetty sujecki Friday 4 May, 2012 - 9:25 AM
My daughters and I were given lovely service by a gay gentleman at Myer a couple of years ago when purchasing a wallet.
A couple of weeks ago, we had morning tea in a cafe and were served by another gay chap who made us feel welcome, not so the female worker who did not like us moving seats to accommodate our pram.
We felt comfortable with the gentlemen mentioned - never are they rude or impatient, as we find with females.Pru Friday 4 May, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Guys, what you did today takes courage. You challenged the orthodoxy, you spoke out, you informed us with reasoned argument and you highlighted the tragedy of youth suicide for straight and gay kids. I am with you all the way. Thanks to 3aw and joy and neil and macca..i couldnt stop listening and i was late for work!talkscheap Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 10:48 PM