- Photos: Gale force winds to hit again today
- Why we need to fix the welfare system
- ACGA boss: 'I'm not happy'
- Driver captures unmarked camera car
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David R on Photos: Gale force winds to hit again ... Monstrous = old.It would have been there before they built the shopping centre and the council probably either wanted them ... more
- Gloss on Photos: Gale force winds to hit again ... Tanya, perhaps their bloody stupid Council woudn't let them get rid of it. When weather events, like we have been ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Photos: Gale force winds to hit again ... Tanya, don't you mean why on earth did someone build a car park under a monstrous gum tree? more
- heisdeadjim on Photos: Gale force winds to hit again ... @Tanya. Being my local, there's a chance the tree was there before the car park...m more
- Tanya on Photos: Gale force winds to hit again ... Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
3AW joins forces with JOY
3AW and Australia’s only gay and lesbian radio station JOY 94.9 joined forces for the first time to raise awareness of the serious issues affecting today’s youth.
LISTEN BELOW: Listen to the historic broadcast as Neil Mitchell and JOY FM's David McCarthy simulcast from the City Square.
ORGANISATIONS THAT HELP WITH SUICIDE PREVENTION:
IMAGE: Neil Mitchell with his Joy FM t-shirt
LISTEN: The ad-free 3AW/JOY simulcast (75mins)
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
What a shame, Neil, that it's taken you almost a quarter of a century of air-time to finally come to your senses about homosexuality! If only you'd been just as compassionate back when you started, you might have helped to make my life, as a gay young man, less traumatic. Is it was, you indirectly made it more stressful because of your often negative comments about homosexuals. Still, better late than never. Thank you for this sadly belated simulcast.Peter Saturday 5 May, 2012 - 6:36 AM
Stay in the closet>!!Steve Friday 4 May, 2012 - 12:25 PM
This means all the libs in the closet can finally come out.IAN BARKER Friday 4 May, 2012 - 10:55 AM
JOY94.9 and 3AW broadcast was uniquely special and touching. Proud to be a joy94.9 member/volunteer. Well done David McCarthy, Neil Mitchell and all who where involved in contributed. Thank youbetty sujecki Friday 4 May, 2012 - 9:25 AM
My daughters and I were given lovely service by a gay gentleman at Myer a couple of years ago when purchasing a wallet.
A couple of weeks ago, we had morning tea in a cafe and were served by another gay chap who made us feel welcome, not so the female worker who did not like us moving seats to accommodate our pram.
We felt comfortable with the gentlemen mentioned - never are they rude or impatient, as we find with females.Pru Friday 4 May, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Guys, what you did today takes courage. You challenged the orthodoxy, you spoke out, you informed us with reasoned argument and you highlighted the tragedy of youth suicide for straight and gay kids. I am with you all the way. Thanks to 3aw and joy and neil and macca..i couldnt stop listening and i was late for work!talkscheap Thursday 3 May, 2012 - 10:48 PM